The Corroboree
tipz

available acacias

here is a list of the acacias available as tubestock at the belair national park nursery in adelaide. I have stocked up well on acuminata and floribunda and have heaps of these ready to post to anyone interested - but there will be many more in this list that may - or will be of interest... but i will have to go purchase them on request. The plants cost $ 2.95 ( as tubestock - 10.95 for larger specimens ) from the nursery but will bump that up to cover travel costs, time expenditure and postage. Happy to do trades and negotiate on price for larger orders - but i was thinking 2 plants of your choice for fifteen plus postage ! ( like i said - negotiable )

anyway here is the extensive list:

acacia:

floribunda **

montana (mallee wattle)

notabilis (flinders wattle)

cultriformis (golden glow)

anceps (two edged wattle)

spectabilis (mudgee wattle)

gilli

pendula (weeping myall)

papyrocarpa (western myall)

ligulata (small cooba/umbrella bush)

boormani (snowy river wattle)

oswaldi

verticillata (prickly moses)

melanoxylon (s.a form, blackwood)

aneura (mulga)

paradoxa (hedge wattle)

microcarpa (coonalpyn)

verniciflua (varnish wattle)

nematophylla

cupularis (coastal form - umbrella buh)

argyrophylla ( golden grey mulga)

wilhelmiana

acuminata ( raspberry jam wattle) ( edit to limit two per person - too many requests )**

rigens ( needle wattle )**

podalyriifolia (mt.morgan wattle/qld silver wattle)

beckleri

iteaphylla (flinders ranges wattle)

brachybotrya (grey mulga)

longifolia (var.sophore)**

baileyana - purpurea**

merinthophora

salicina(native willow)

imbricata

allocasuarina striata ( small bull oak )

vestita ( hairy wattle )

stenophylla ( river cooba )

pravissima (ovens wattle)

retinodes.var.retinodes (wirilda)

estrphiolata (ironwood)

fimbriata (fringed wattle)

howittii (sticky wattle)

calamifolia (wallowa)

leiophylla

macradenia (zigzag wattle)

pycnantha (golden wattle)**

edit = in case of misunderstanding it is the tubestock i am selling ! the plants are at least a year old and average 40cm+ in height. The larger specimens are not that different in size except have a much larger root mass. The cost in postage due to weight and size would make it impractical to send ! the costs i put here are what they cost from the nursery. So asking 15 for two tubestock is not unreasonable ? ( i just had someone thinking i was selling the large ones which cost me 10.95 to purchase - at the two for 15 dollar deal ) :scratchhead: So in case anyone else who is making a purchase is confused ! thats the deal !

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

besides acuminata and floribunda ( which have sold like hot-cakes )does anyone have any info on wether or not any of these other species may be of interest ?

Edited by tipz

Hey mate is it cool to come up to the nursery and have a browse? Just started my acacia collection :) want to make it gradually bigger.

I live northern suburbs so it'll be way easier then posting them :)

Peace buddy

P.S do you still have acuminata in stock?

longifolia (var.sophore)

baileyana - purpurea

Hey mate is it cool to come up to the nursery and have a browse? Just started my acacia collection :) want to make it gradually bigger.

I live northern suburbs so it'll be way easier then posting them :)

Peace buddy

P.S do you still have acuminata in stock?

sure man - its not my nursery - its a state run nursery ! you would be silly buying them off me if you can go get them cheaper (2.95) a plant or larger ones for 12 dollars and even some more advanced specimens. Only reason im charging a bit more is cause its a bit of a drive - then time involved sorting - replying to trades - then wrapping and posting ! ( have given a fair few away for free though ) - although you might have to get them to order in more acuminatas if that is your main target as i have cleaned them out of all their stock, but there is heaps more types up there and lots of other types of awesome natives as well !

If you look up belair state nursery and give them a call for directions or google the map ( its set within the national park ) its open to the public !

Edited by tipz

besides acuminata and floribunda ( which have sold like hot-cakes )does anyone have any info on wether or not any of these other species may be of interest ?

Hi Tipz. I am no expert, but suspect that all wattles of the Juliflorae section of the acacia genus should be phytochemically assayed. Perhaps somebody knowledgeable in this field can advise? regards, Tom.

bump - 2 acuminatas left, 8 floribunda and 2 baileyana purpurea

Am able to make another visit to the nursery to obtain more of any of the above species on request. All acacia orders sent out today ! thanks guys -payment details have all been sent via pm !

Thankyou to all who purchased :) I hope they bring you much joy

received today awesome condition, fast service, pleasure to deal with.

thanks for putting up with my lateness with your cactus cut!

• Like 1

Went down to the nursery last week :) picked up 5: 2 acuminata, 1 podalyriifolia, 1 longifolia and a melanoxylon :)

Cheers for the info mate

if they are still around, id like to buy an acuminata or two... PM me please of they r still available

pm'd

Do they have any seeds available? =]

dont think so blunt, but im sure the wholesale supplier who stocks the nursery would have. There would better places on the internet i would say if you were interested inseed. SAB has a few good types !

I have already got a couple from SAB, and have yet to sow them :).

I should probably get these ones growing anyway before I get more seeds though. Thanks for the tips though. ;)

Do they have any seeds available? =]

[/quote

Edited by Major Tom