The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Is there a trading mecca?

Ok, so I make ridiculously opulent car and boat parts and other metal stuff, some to-order. All amateur. The old boys I trade with in the flesh are too fucking old to do much trading now. So I've just been sitting here making ruby studded bolt prototypes and things :lol: Good practice but it got me to thinking...

Is there a website somewhere where people trade stuff of all different types?

That way I could find car or boat guys to trade high value custom parts to for things that may not even be car related... that sorta thing.

Ok, so I make ridiculously opulent car and boat parts and other metal stuff, some to-order. All amateur. The old boys I trade with in the flesh are too fucking old to do much trading now. So I've just been sitting here making ruby studded bolt prototypes and things :lol: Good practice but it got me to thinking...

Is there a website somewhere where people trade stuff of all different types?

That way I could find car or boat guys to trade high value custom parts to for things that may not even be car related... that sorta thing.

uhh ebay? or have i completely missed the point here?

Yeah- trading, not selling. No money.

Like the ethnobotany/gardening trading forums but larger in scope and more people

www.alibaba.com

Never tried the site and dont know if the sellers are reliable but i sometime stumbled across it when looking for diffrent stuff. Could be legit. :)

edit: but i think most of the ads are about selling instead of trading.

Edited by Evil Genius

Alibaba is mostly for wholesalers advertising their wares. Can be useful, but definitely isn't a barter site.

Thanks all :)

I guess I should give craigslist another look after checking those others. I looked at it years ago but never got into it at the time since I need neither prostitutes nor stolen cars :lol: