The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spacemonkey

fghvbmggh

gvnf

Edited by spacemonkey

I saw this on 420 hahaha.

As I said there, these aren't subs. Wrong spore colour, wrong stem colour, wrong cap colouration.

Read up on it, chuck them out, and good luck with your journey :)

Peace.

Wow, how could u get it so wrong. They are deff NOT subs! They are most likely Hypholoma australe.

spore print was brown

dont want to sound like a narny nah nah, but re- read your research material.

every shroom book you will ever read will point out the importance of the spore print as a main identificating factor.

your reasearch material should have said the spore print will be purple, almost black in colour. if it didnt, find better.

Dont depend on photographs as your main tool of identification. I have seen quite a few books where the colour has come out a shade or two off the true colouration.

also with this particular species, the staining is a fairly certain indicator, did you squeeze the stem.

Cheers, Obtuse.

The lamellae and spore print colour are wrong for Hypholoma australe.

cheers guys, i have few more that i will post pics of in a while,this was my second trip to balingup i didn't think they were subs but they seemed really similar at 2 in the morning when its realy dark haha, might head down for another scout next week, Even if it wasn't a sucsesfull trip i still learned alot about mushrooms and balingup area i don't see it as a waste of time i had heaps of fun and mushrooms are going to be my new hobby i think, the're so fascinating to me, so anyone that wants to give me any suggestions hints or tips im all ears, i would love to grow more strains of mushrooms at home other than field and oyster so if anyone has spore prints they want to dontate to a young beginner(not just hallucinogenic)it would be much appreciated.

love love.

grow more strains of mushrooms at home other than field and oyster so if anyone has spore prints they want to dontate to a young beginner(not just hallucinogenic)it would be much appreciated.
+

They'd be purely for microscopy purposes, yeah?

oh yeah of course im obsessed with mushrooms and truffles in food truffle is one of my favorite flavors to cook with

Edited by spacemonkey

Nerd :P

can i get a id on these yet? i realy would like to know if there galerina so i can avoid them next time and tell some friends that are new to shrooming

Wow, how could u get it so wrong. They are deff NOT subs! They are most likely Hypholoma australe.

LMFAO, wow, how could you get it so wrong!

Some more information is necessary if you want them keyed out. Fill out the following and you should be able to get an ID, at least to genus.

Habitat:

Where does it grow? Eg. woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on? Eg. soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?), etc.

Gills:

Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.

Stem:

Length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc.

Cap:

Diameter, color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc.

Spore print color:

Very important!

Bruising:

Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.

Other information:

Scent of the mushroom, anything else you think is important, large close-up pictures showing stem, cap and gills.

LMFAO, wow, how could you get it so wrong!

I was using drawn illustrations as my I'd. Great book, but obviously not infallable.

can i get a id on these yet? i realy would like to know if there galerina so i can avoid them next time and tell some friends that are new to shrooming

I don't think they are Galerinas, but really it's not that important - all you need to know is that they are not edible or otherwise useful. Tell your friends to avoid them.

• Like 1

been to balinyup a few times and this is weird but they are the shrooms that i would pick theres only gold tops and blue meanies there. theres imposter mushies we like to call them that have brown/orange stem....avoid and once u see those ones its so easy to spot them out if its grey/blue stem and when u squeeze them they go a blue tinge bingo thats them and its hard to get it wrong once u see the blue grey stem, but i would wait till i get home to check the colour under some light...dunno the correct name for species, im a complete douche in that language, but just looking at the nipple looks like nice mature ones, shake them to release spores before bagging

^^^ Ignore that ramble... gold tops (cubes?) and blue meanies are both copraphiles.... they don't grow in winter or in the forest...

I think one of the best ways to learn to ID the right ones (and I mean, if you want to learn to ID fungus in general then you have to study the different aspects of identification like a lot of the myco-geniuses on here) but if you just want to pick up on how to spot a sub... having someone that knows what they are looking for actually show you them in their environment is far better than any ID book or web-guide. Doesn't take long to get the hang of it that way.

• Like 1

yeah i agree with that one, an experienced person will show you the way. Subs have a feel more than a look and you cant get that from a book

Totally agree its the feel that sets them apart, the way they cling to the ground, their texture, its all things you will pick up if you are shown by someone who knows.