The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

Datura experiences

ok. Topic on Datura.

Goddamn this stuff is scary. A year ago I took a dose (this is all shit, this is not true, disclaimer ect..)

The dose I chose to take, because of the unavailiablilty of fresh plant material was pharmachetical (screw the spelling).

Anyways I chomped a whole packet of 'Kwells' *(active ingredient being hyoscamine) I believe there were 20 in the packet. Though there could have been 10.

...Too be continued...if there is any interest in this subject.......PLs share ur experience. *I have not yet submited this 'ex' to erowid.

yep

had the same

20 hyoscine pills - kwells, avils, travelcalms etc

did it 3 separate times over a period of 3 weeks and wasnt the same for months

gotta love those imaginary meetings with people :)

extraordinary true hallucinations. Only the best best liquid LSD has ever come close.

everyones gotta try this at least once in a lifetime. it helps u see how easily and completely your senses and perception of reality even in waking life can be falsified

therefore - if this drug can do this so completely then whats to say that my ordinary reality is not also a type of illusion? u gotta live it to REALLy understand that concept

I've had mixed reaction of different doses. Theres a few different version of kwells last time I had "one" it ended up making me really sleepy ( after the caffiene wore off ).

Warning if you get spiked by the seed pods I find its rather irreatating bit like when you get a cat scratch.

To be honest I haven't particular "accidentally ingested" with it I've "accidentally ingested" with brugmasia which is fairly similar. The first time I had the flower must have been fairly strong because I think I ate less then one whole flower in the morning and ended up delirious till the early hours of the next morning. Which was kind of bad since I was like 17-18 living at home. That afternoon I had a friend d(only protecting his name so no-one deletes this) over anyway we were playing on the computer together till say around 6ish when basically I was fed up because I couldn't read the damn keyboard any longer. So I ended staying at the computer till some stage later I kept on hearing D speak to me and I'd turn around and reply but he wouldn't be there. I got sick of this and went to bed which is the last thing I can remember ( thankfully I escaped getting sent to the ER though my mother didn’t kept looking after me for much longer).

I've had reasonable sized but non-hallucinogenic doses some that have made me speak quite gibberish generally though I’ve always found they have all made me rather tired until the last time. I generally consume material that is freshly prepared though couple of Friday nights ago I munched on some brug flowers that had been dried and I found they were more I guess stimulating and made my thoughts much fuzzier then in the past. I also didn’t experience the body high that I normally would get.

The only fun part I'd say is the body high though it can be quite annoying because I also find that my depth perception goes totally out of whack ( have fun picking up your drink ). If your going to try it don't try it for a trip as I wouldn't never describe it as trip. Its an experience its something you can't truely understand unless you've done it or your completely insane :P

[ 12. July 2005, 13:03: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

I only smoked brugmansia leaves. So I never really came so far as to hallucinating.

Interesting is the fact that you can misjudge the weight of things easily. Kind of like the feeling you get when you expect a bucktet to be heavy, but instead find out that it is empty when you lift it. And therefore lift it up with reat ease. It is like that same floating sensation in your entire body when moving around. You feel as light as a feather.

I did have had a to some extent simmilar experience, thinking / feeling that someone was behind me, then turning to find that there is no one there.

[ 12. July 2005, 10:50: Message edited by: YoWiE ]

tried travelcalm, dramamine and daytura

personally i do not find these halluginogenic even though you do hallucinate for me its complete delerium and not enjoyable at all. i also wouldn't call daytura an ethnogen/entheogen/psychedellic as i dont gain anything from it at all and have vowed never to do it again.

i posted a few details of an experience on eba just recently

eba

i also remember reading somewhere that frequent use over long periods of time can cause your brain to start decomposing inside your skull while you're still alive.

anyone know if there is any truth in this?

btw that is not why i dont take it anymore, i said i never would again after the first time but did it about 10-15 time after that, silly me :D

quote:

personally i do not find these halluginogenic even though you do hallucinate for me its complete delerium and not enjoyable at all.

Aren't tropanes classed as 'deleriant' drugs anyway?

This is what I always tell my friends when they ask me about my Brug's or my Belladonna, anyway. That word 'deleriant' seems to scare most people off instantly. :)

the hallucinations appear as real and can be touched! this plant is severely halucinogenic in large dosages the flowers and foliage were brugmansia white flowers

[ 12. July 2005, 07:15: Message edited by: YoWiE ]

yes but they're not hallucination hallucination they're delerious hallucinations

here we go,

SCOPOLAMINE HYDROBROMIDE

Material: Hydrobromide salt of tropane alkaloid found in belladonna, datura, and other solanaceous plants.

Usage: 0.5-5 mg orally on empty stomach.

Effects: CNS depressant, anticholinergic, sedative in small doses (0.3-0.8 mg). Euphoriant, hallucinogen, and narcotic in larger doses. Takes effect within 15 minutes; last 4-12 hours.

Contraindications: Dry mouth and mucous membranes, blurred vision, difficulty swallowing, hot dry skin, headache, restless fatigue. Must not be used by persons with cardiovascular disorders or glaucoma. Excessive use may cause brain decomposition. Not recommended.

Supplier: CS.

anyone know if there's any truth to this?

heres the site i got it from

web page

thats not the original place i read it either

[ 12. July 2005, 10:52: Message edited by: YoWiE ]

dracos6:

yes but they're not hallucination hallucination they're delerious hallucinations

nah dude

they ARE hallucinatiuon hallucinations!

the term hallucination was fisrt used to convey the types of things seen with drugs like scopolamine(US)/Hyoscine(Aust)

the "hallucinations" seen on shrooms, acid, mescaline etc are not considered the same

most times it seems to me more a 3rd eye vision or

phosphene imagery

anyway plenty of people have argued that case against psychedelic hallucinations being actual hallucinations in the traditional sense

But.. that said ive also had true hallucinations with acid - as said - you can touch it! you can also blink and its stil there, and you can walk around it and its 3d - indistinguishable from the "real" thing.at least i think it was acid....

quote:

that frequent use over long periods of time can cause your brain to start decomposing inside your skull while you're still alive.

thats a misinterpretation. I believe a study in india and jamaica found brain atrophy ocurring in the indian sample - devoitees smoking the chillum mix of datura and cannabis. but not in the jamaic asamplel who just smoked cannabis. Brain and nerve atrophy is a know possible effect of long term tropane use.

atrophy is not decomposition - at least not in that context when translated right. atrophy is what happne when something isnt used

if you get a limb in a cast and you cant move it the muscle wastes away, that atrophy. the opposite is hypertrophy which is what happens when you excercise a muscle group and it enlarges.

not at all like decompsition/putrefaction

dracos6:

SCOPOLAMINE HYDROBROMIDE

Material: Hydrobromide salt of tropane alkaloid found in belladonna, datura, and other solanaceous plants.

Yeah quite true

quote:

Usage: 0.5-5 mg orally on empty stomach.

Orally isn't the only way there are also dermal patches. Those dosage look a little high espically since I think kwells tablet have 0.3mg. It really depends on what you using it for.

quote:

Effects: CNS depressant, anticholinergic, sedative in small doses (0.3-0.8 mg). Euphoriant, hallucinogen, and narcotic in larger doses. Takes effect within 15 minutes; last 4-12 hours.

The duration is very depedant on the dosage.

Rest of the details seem correct.

[ 12. July 2005, 12:57: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

I have decided not to try and tell my whole experience.

I will say that at one point. I found my self in the toilet accidentaly pissing on my friend, and then apologising to him, and explaining that It was because I was so intoxicated. Then I relised he wasn't there. The night proceeded in the same fashion. I talked to many people that werent there, and no matter how hard I tried to fight it, it kept coming. In waves.

Dream state (talking to people that were not there). Then Relatively normal periods when they dissapeared, when I put my hand through them or something, and thought 'Holy shit, what the fucking hell' And before I could start to think rationally, or come to terms with the situation. 'BANG' Im talking to someone again..

yeah ok rev, i didnt word that too well at all.

i know they are hallucinations but i think you know what i meant. and im sure anyone who has tried it does too whether they like it or not

i remember someone saying that a tea made from shrooms and a brug flower is very nice... :P

a friend of a friend and his buddy on a datura trip were driving(never said they were smart) and thought they had run over a dog. They got outta the car spotted the injured dog, and try as they might they could not lift the dog off of the road,, a motorist stopped and offered his help inquiring as to what the problem was?? turns out the so called dog was a pothole in the road!!! :D

[ 14. July 2005, 02:38: Message edited by: jono ]

Jono, ROFL. :D

That is a hilarious story! I can just picture the two of you reaching for this dog, but it's just not there.

What must the passing motorist have thought?

Who would leave two guys that out of it, to get back in their car? :)

God people behind the wheel on anticholengerics scare the crap out of em. I read one story on erowid where the guy thought he was in the passengers seat and his mate was driving the car.

Man, you go to Erowid, you will find reports where people drive whilst on a mixture of Heroin and Ketamine!

I mean, c'mon! Who the f*ck gets behind the wheel when they are on drugs like that?

That scares the living crap out of me.

as i said, no one said they were smart,,they were young and stoopid, and from this experience they have never driven under the influence ever again!!( cept on ganj doing 50k's an hr thinking every car is a cop car!)

when i was young and stupid i accidently ingested avils, diphenhydramine and brugmansia

a few times(brug 6-7!)

avils i never got quitre high enuff to c more than scary shadows and to b wired all night long(about 20 pills each time)

diphen, mostly unisom etc gave me a strong stonned like body load and has given me halluci ations ranging from tropane REAL hallucinations to a sorta acid-tropane mix where i saw a giant golden slinky bouncing around the corner of my room, pretty colorful. with black spiderweb shadows on the ceiling. haha

first time i tried, accidently, brug it was either sauvolons or aurea not sure which

but i ende d up eating about 15 fresh flowers making tea out of 2, which i only got half down, then smoking a flower in a j

i was in an amnesiatic delerium for about 3 days

but that didnt stop future accidental poisonings...no siree:)

(btw since finding my 1st tree i started c-iing them everywhere!

next a friend bought over and made me a really black horrible teea out of 2 b.candida flowers and a handfull of lesaves. i drank 2 glasses of this foul tasting shit, accidentally!

and incidently it put me off teas for 5+yrs!

but i was feeling REALLY drunk, didnt know i was on a drug but thought all the hallucinatioons to b 100% real! then i woulld talk for ages with no sound coming out!haha

i pissed jmyself about 3-4 times!

this lasted about 4-5 days, i couldnt read for 2 weeks! and i wasnt back to normal mentally for a whole year!

but still more accidental poisonings occured! :)

i found b.sanguina which if i ate 2-3 fresh flowers i would leave the planet for at least 20+hrs i did thhis a few times

the 1 time i could say it was actually enjoyable

was when i ate 3 and y friend ate 2

i felt northing xcept the worst cottonmouth ever for awhiile but my friend got really fukt up ended up going to hospital tripping there...but thats another story

anyway i went home b4 he went to hospital and i remember peeling a b annana taking 1 bite and throwing it out!

went to bed, but apparently had a huge fight with my folks!

the next day woke up feeling great 4getting about the brug and i have floor-ceiling wardrobe mirrors in my room and

firstly thought there was a cute girl in the miror whom i started to try and ppick up.LOL

after a few hours she went and i was talking to a guy

a few more hrs still and i started to notice the guy mimmicking every single fuking thing i did

so after yelling and screaming at him i was bout to punch him when i started 'coming bak' and realized what i was doing

so i laughed at myself 4 ages.hahaha

1 time iate 1 flower for meditativ purposes

and fell in andout of very lucid dreams 4 ages, further xperimentation needed!

i have smoked it a bit 2 with good success, having like 10 or so cones brug then 2 weed

and feeling a really light happy stoned feeling

and all thats with the main activity being amnesia;)

take care

with this beautiful ally!

i should note tho that i have a very high tolerance to drugs!

so some of the doses i acccidently took shouldve probly killed me!

Personally, i would rather not like to encounter any of these alkaloids stated above.

In my opinion,most of the described effects sound a lot more like a serious poisoning.As the plants are very variabel in Alkaloid Content, overdose is likely.

I have some very interesting Tripreports in mind, which are funny to read but i´m sure they weren´t funny at all for the describers. Someone explained that he got red like a beetroot and had suffered from auditory hallucinations of Aliens raping his girlfriend in the backyard. If needed, ok. The story about the tropan intoxicated guy who´s not sure if he is sitting at the passenger seat or not sounds like a bad horror movie to me.

"No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

hehehehe

tropanes are something else arent they

There was thi guy i knew who id been telling about diff plants and was really interested

i gave him plants but as they were small he came over and asked for some brug flowers

sure i said. and gave the usual caveats.

he made 2l drink from 2 flowers

1 brug suaveolens flowerand one yellow brug sanguinea flower

of tha he drank 400 or so mL

all was well and he went to bed. a bit stoned

a little later he woke up with a friend pounding on his chest telling him they have to go to the shops

so he gets the keys and they al jump in (2 or 3 other friends) and drive to teh local shopping centre

whle there he notices they have disappeared and looks for them

he asks the local security guard wher ethey are and get quite anxious

he drives home runs into their room and starts bagging them for leaving him alone

they deny ever having been out of bed

he goes outside to look at the car and the bonnet is cold

The Flowers are quite potent too. Maybe the best way to ensure not to overdose is to grind a whole lot of the plant material, mix it up and then do some careful tests to aproximate a dose.But I wouldn´t recommend that either. There are a lot of effective plants which are much less easier and safer to use. Where i life, a lot of young kids use them because they are freely available but figure out soon that these plants do not cause a desirable Feeling!