The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Philocacti

T. pachanoi seedlings

Awesome! That's the first time I've seen that. Is it really just 1 year?

Really cool to see them grow up like that! Nice work!! Don't look like pachanoi though imo, look like cuzcoensis to me. From Knize perhaps? Anyways, nice one mate :)

they look like fat blue spiney peruvianoids, distinct from cuzcoensis to me, i've grown such plants from seed sold as T pachanoi before, the genetics varied but some were clearly desirable and amazing specimens.

They look happy as :)

Is that a lil ferocactus or mamm or something in there as well?? In the first pic it is at the very bottom

Damn, all that in just one year? Nice one!

thanks guys :)

Is it really just 1 year?

from the 1st picture to the last one it's about a year, but overall the seedlings are about a year and a half old.

Don't look like pachanoi though imo, look like cuzcoensis to me. From Knize perhaps?

Not from Knize, they are from another german vendor. Im sure the shorter ones are not cuzco, but i was doubting that the tallest one is a cuzco hybrid, due to it's spine formation and it's growth speed. It's extremely faster than the rest. It might be more clear once it grows into adulthood.

they look like fat blue spiney peruvianoids

this sounds very interesting as i recently realized i don't have any peruvianus. The peruvianus seeds that i bought from the same vendor turned out to be cuzco and now it seems the pachanoi seeds i got from the same vendor turned out to be peruvianoid, which is extremely funny.However, after reading the threads regarding the Trichcereus genus at the nook, im with the school of thought that there isnt a clear distinct difference between peruvianoids and pachanoids.

Is that a lil ferocactus or mamm or something in there as well??

Yup, it's a ferrocactus or as M S Smith IDed it as Hamato cactus.

all that in just one year?

Yup :D, i think the main influence is the direct sun. However, my adult Trichocereus don't grow as fast, except the cuzco and TBMs. My other adults are probably the same clone, which I named Zeus (bit IDed it as T.Argentensis and other IDed as a peruvianus/pachanoi hybrid) and they are not as fast. So i guess genetics also play a major role here.

Very spiny pachanoids. :wink: Its funny that they´ll probably turn out the be peruvianus or cuzcoensis. Actually im not surprised that people sell mislabeled seeds. I know most people sell seed mixes of diffrent varieties. But if its the source i think it is, im a little bit puzzled they didnt even get the species right. But on the other hand i know most of this seed originally came from knize and considering this its actually not that of a surprise anymore.

Edited by Evil Genius

Seems that this Knize guy is a causing a great deal of confusion for cacti vendors and to newbie growers as myself :lol:

this is the growth of a 4 months period, just from the beginning of spring til now

Cuzco + bridgesii

P1030243.jpg

P1040065.jpg

Bridgesii

P1030227.jpg

P1030467.jpg

P1030295.jpg

P1040282.jpg