The Corroboree
nabraxas

World's First Personal Brewery

At-home brewing kits have been around for at least 20 years, and we know many a makeshift chemist who's dropped a lot of dough for the stuff. But, since brewing is actually a science, you'd be better off just flushing your $$$ down the toilet. Unless you are a real chemist, the final product's going to have problems: no carbonation, too hoppy, too wheaty, etc...

Thankfully, some smart kiwis have figured out a solution to your problem.

Meet Ian Williams and Anders Warn of WilliamsWarn.

The New Zealand beer experts have revolutionized the world of at-home brewing forever with the world's first personal at-home brewery. The sleek machine is a beauty and guarantees the freshest and most pristine beer every single time -- 23 liters of it, to be exact. The complete brewing process also takes only a total of seven days to produce. Take that, Mr. Beer!

The machine will set you back a pretty penny, but you'll have amazing beer every single time. How much does it cost exactly? NZD $5,660, which translates to USD $4,626. :o As opposed to the old-school brewing kits (which come in a small box), this machine's big, but we're sure it'll look great in your bachelor/bachelorette pad. Plus, nothing's better than being able to create and name your own beer. Clean Plate Charlie sounds like a crisp, summer lager.

More than ten years in the making, the entire process was simplified by the creators to be idiot-proof. The "WilliamsWarn for Dummies" guide is below:

http://www.williamswarn.com/

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/cleanplatecharlie/2011/06/williamswarn_creates_worlds_fi.php

Edited by nabraxas
  • Like 1

Saw that Kiwi contraption a month ago, What a load of boy-toy bullshit. First of all their claims that you will have beer in such a short time is highly questionable, if you know a bit of brewing science.

But mostly my distaste towards this is that it's a $4,300 (AUD) gizmo that doesn't even make beer from scratch , that is from malted base & specialty barleys. You could achieve the same result as the output of the williamswarn with a$15 water barrel from bunnings and a 10 litre saucepan, then into a $30 ex-softdrink keg chilled in a $200 bar fridge. Save the extra $4k for a holiday to Belgium to drink some real beer, and stop off in NZ on the way home to slap this wanker across the face. Or... invest a few hundred dollars on building a tiered multi vessel system to make beer properly - from scratch,

This bloke has revolutionized nothing. But I have to say that his blurb, and the overall marketing is great. More suited for people who think a jar of Dolmio heated up on the stove is Italian cooking. Idiot proof is all well and good for them to say, but its only an idiot that would buy such a thing.

Edited by Psylo Dread
  • Like 6

I can do it in 7 days easy and consistent....initial outlay $420 :wink:

Anyone that's tried it has not a bad word,in fact lots have asked me to supply them!....I don't even use a Hygrometer it's all about the love of Alchemy :P

• Like 1

you could buy 100 cartons of el primo beer for the price of this beer maker...i know what i would be getting.

I think the market for these must be rich cunts who think it's cool. Most serious amateur brewers actually like being able to control all the details, and if they've got that kind of dough they'll be investing it elsewhere in their brewing setup.

Making a brew in 7 days with a kit from the supermarket in several grand worth of equipment is never gonna be as good as a brew produced from fresh ingredients by someone who knows what they're doing using canoe drums from bunnings.

I would go even further to say that this isn't even brewing, its just adding a can of ingredients to water and sprinkling some yeast on top.

And what about when the beer is in it's stage where you are drinking it, you have to wait until it's finished until you can start another batch so theres a few weeks lag in between. Or maybe they expect that people might buy two of these contraptions :)

I don't even use a Hygrometer

What reason would anyone have to measure humidity when making a beer ? :)

Typo dick obvious.

Please. I hardly think insults are warranted. :angry:

sdfsdsdfsd

Edited by Teljkon

sdfsdss

Edited by Teljkon

Good point about lagers. I guarantee that 99% of people who buy this thing will be expecting to make a Budweiser. Bland beers are notoriously difficult to make, and there's no way you can do it in 7 days.

Bah!

None of that metrosexual capaccino junk-beer for me!

Bring me a cask of oaken wood

Tapped by an inn-keep's daughter

A foaming head and a malty air -

Brewing heavy porter.

[With apologies to Ian Anderson and his excellent song, Heavy Horses.]

Edited by WoodDragon

Ian Anderson is, and has always been, drug & alcohol free.

Ahh fuckit not worth it.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Psylo Dread.

PD, Anderson is fiercely anti-drugs, but he does like a good brew.

I stand corrected. That is if we consider Kingfisher to be a good brew :) :) Could have sworn I read a JT biography a few years ago in which Anderson says he doesn't drink. Or maybe it was more that he never gets smashed & out of control on booze, unlike many of his contemporaries at the time, where being a musician was all about getting loaded on something. It always amazes me to think that so much creativity came from a drug-free mind.

On 06/06/2011 at 5:07 PM, Psylo Dread said:

I stand corrected. That is if we consider Kingfisher to be a good brew :) :) Could have sworn I read a JT biography a few years ago in which Anderson says he doesn't drink. Or maybe it was more that he never gets smashed & out of control on booze, unlike many of his contemporaries at the time, where being a musician was all about getting loaded on something. It always amazes me to think that so much creativity came from a drug-free mind.

dfsdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

Could have sworn I read a JT biography a few years ago in which Anderson says he doesn't drink.

I think that he avoided alcohol after his deep vein thrombosis back in 96. I actually saw the last concert that he played before he went to hospital back then, and at the time I couldn't believe his energy. Knowing now what he was going through, I am in awe of the guy.

I'm so bummed that I only found out yesterday about the recent Asutralian tour.

:(

Edited by WoodDragon

Was that something to do with the Sydney tour in the '90's when he couldn't finish the set, and had to be wheelchaired or stretchered off stage ?

I saw JT about five years ago at the Enmore Theatre. Despite my reservations that they would be just another dinosaur band, they were really awesome. Shame the crowd were all in their 60's, and didnt recognise more than two songs the entire night. I broke through the security perimeter and ended up sitting crosslegged right at the foot of centre stage - there was no dancefloor, giving Anderson some lovingly stoned words of inspiration while he performed. Not surprisingly, he wasn't impressed, the cranky old scotsman :) Didn't last long, security hoisted me away, and I had to break the perimeter a second time just to get back to my seat LOL

I got one in a flea market for 5 dojlars.

I think that making ones personal beer is alot of work although only takes 1 to 3 weeks.

have to boil the hops with

malted grain[ as the grain is stating to sprout convertng the starch into sugar and for the stout taste the grain is toasted sfter wards for a burn't as in Irish taste and warm..

Then put into a stainless pot that has a spiral of copper tubing which is connected to the facet to cool wart[ before adding yeast] so sterile.

Then put in the yeast and after 1 week a 3 percent alcohol content.

Then filtration and bottling of the brew.

In colder countrys like Russian siberia they just do the same thing but its so cold it freezes and the water floats to the top leaving the beer with a 12 percent alcohol content or 20 percent or higher than wine.

That why beer companys say its cold filtered.

Takes out the cloudiness of a beer but does it remove the yeast b vitamins?

And can increase a alcohol content from 3.3 percent to 12 percent[my favorite] just like wine.

It faster than wine but grape juice if not keep from the air as a air lock can turn into Vinegar is an acidic liquid produced from the fermentation of ethanol in a process that yields its key ingredient, acetic acid (ethanoic acid). ... and takes 6 months]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar

But as reply I can buy alot of beer before buying whats looks like coffer maker for NZD $5,660, which translates to USD $4,626.

When I was going to flea market a guy had a lot of fishing lures in a box.

A guy next to me said how much do you want and the guy selling said 100$.

The guy next to me said [you can a lot of fish for 100$ U.S.] and walked off and I did too..