The Corroboree

Probably as much chance of it happening. Love what you have, not what you want.

this is a rather interesting thread. i feel like i'm applying a similar kind of reasoning, but getting a different answer. what you have: an opportunity to experience things that no human has. what you want: to keep what you have spent your life building up (different for everybody, obviously for some this is a very materialistic outlook but it doesn't have to be). desire, that's the thing, to experience every moment and be free of desires is practically enlightenment if you ask me, for me it would be desire prompting me to stay, but your outlook seems to have been that freedom from desire is what would make you stay.

Ethics mean bugger all if you can't get along with a person.

I like this.

why are 'they' interested in you anyway? that to me intrigues the most.

'would you go'.....er.. you start thinking inter-planetary voyages, no pain, no wanting for any earthly needs, no boredom(in your eyes) etc. flip this question on it's sunnyside up.

what if they're the ones who are bored with their super alien teleportwhereveriwantbitches life.

maybe they need you

say 'no' to them..........then see what happens

Edited by etherealdrifter
  • Like 1

it's far more likely that we need them. shit we could use some aliens about now, in case we're about to wreck our planet and along with it, our chances of becoming a space-faring race.

it's far more likely that we need them. shit we could use some aliens about now, in case we're about to wreck our planet and along with it, our chances of becoming a space-faring race.

TI...the alien ...is here already.....within you...use it's beguiling powers as you wish

peace

• Like 1

Is it far more likely that a bee needs us rather than we need bees? Yet we abduct bees all the time for their uses.

I'd still go, I don't really have anything to lose.

• Like 2

maybe that's we we both chose to go. i don't feel there is anything overly special/important about me or my life.

maybe that's we we both chose to go. i don't feel there is anything overly special/important about me or my life.

For me personally, my life is the most amazing/special/important thing i have ever experienced. That's the little i. Although once this vessel is over and done with I will get back on the spaceship to live out some more virtual realities.

Edited by The Dude

well, mine is too. it's easy to read too much into statements like the one i made earlier.

i more meant, like, earth will be fine without me, i'm probably not destined to discover anything or start a movement that helps the human race, that kind of thing.

For everything a place and everything in its place.

Bees are useful with their hierarchical subordination, maybe we could be too! :lol:

I've always liked this song, I probably don't agree though.

Immortals, spiritually advnanced, love ?? Something sounds fishy in here. Do they look like alien mantises ? I would definaterly not go. Besides it's getting warmer in here. My grafts like thrive, will go chantarelle [and maybe the last morels of the season] hunting , watch my trichos grow and go lots of swimming this summer.

Fuck , the space can wait.

aliens are reading this thread, and Flibp^r is saying to g(NrakNrok "See g(NrakNrok, i told you they're not ready, you should listen to K-Pax more"

aliens.

super advanced beings from another star, maybe even another dimension.

• Like 1

i more meant, like, earth will be fine without me, i'm probably not destined to discover anything or start a movement that helps the human race, that kind of thing.

worth and value are only measured by how much a person is 'destined to discover anything or start a movement that helps the human race'? Man that's a tough value system. Most people I know don't really fit that destiny, but the world is still much the richer with them.

If you did join the super-evolved aliens, Thunder, your humility and honesty would surely be missed in this forum, i know that much :)

Edited by entheophanic
  • Like 1

aliens are reading this thread, and Flibp^r is saying to g(NrakNrok "See g(NrakNrok, i told you they're not ready, you should listen to K-Pax more"

aliens.

super advanced beings from another star, maybe even another dimension.

NrakNrok ....NRAKNROK NRAKNROK!!!

if u went TI, i'd also miss your banter immensely .

WE need you here...

i wouldn't let them steal our thunder

• Like 1

Nice thought Entheophanic :D

Would we need to gain an insight into these beings and what perspective they have?

From what I have seen in my life, perspective is everything!

Maybe a few questions would be worth asking before making such a descision.

Why?

Tell me something that makes me smile?

Tell me something that makes me laugh?

Tell me something that makes me sad?

Tell me something that makes me cry?

If they are truly something we could relate to and be part of, surely these questions would be answered in a blink of an eye.

If they could manage to answer these questions as no other could, then its possible they understand us and It may be worth going for a little interstellar ride.

I would definately ask one of them to pull my finger as a clincher :P

• Like 1

sorry dude, but that post makes you seem like a total human.

thats weird!

Edited by PsillyBean

Why?

Tell me something that makes me smile?

Tell me something that makes me laugh?

Tell me something that makes me sad?

Tell me something that makes me cry?

If they are truly something we could relate to and be part of, surely these questions would be answered in a blink of an eye.

If they could manage to answer these questions as no other could, then its possible they understand us and It may be worth going for a little interstellar ride.

I would definately ask one of them to pull my finger as a clincher :P

:)

Awesome thread!!

If it weren't for the restrictions I would go too. Maybe we could muster our unadvanced wits to convince a holiday out of them?

Going for-ever makes me nervous. If they are so ethical they would see our predicament right? and give us freedom....and the opportunity to return to our Earthbound families! I wonder what kind of food they would eat :P

If I could see the 'Big Picture" here on Earth and be channeled for sure!

I'll get my arse kicked in the morning LOL

Why not? for all I know the Afterlife is Angels/Aliens and my Dad's there....and he's here too,our one year old keeps pointing about the room and saying His name :wub:

I can see where you're coming from though.....attachment vs illusion...can't get it past me boy :wink:

Cool topic!

If they are so ethical they would see our predicament right? and give us freedom....and the opportunity to return to our Earthbound families!

Hey that's a good point. VIVA LA FREEDOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! These 'beautiful and graceful' aliens are beginning to seem like Nazi's inviting Jews onto the death trains.

I wonder what kind of food they would eat

If they weren't dishing-up rhubarb pie, then I definitely wouldn't go :blush:

I can see where you're coming from though.....attachment vs illusion...

huh? attachment vs illusion. What do you mean?

If they weren't dishing-up rhubarb pie, then I definitely wouldn't go 

Ooooh yur too sweet. You should come over to my side of the garden sometime for some Rhubarb Pie. ;)