The Corroboree
basalamant

Psychadelic music recs?

it's not on utube, but Cranioclast - Iconclastar (green/blue),

(if you want it i have them both i can rip and up - it's "experimental", for want of a better word, i like it)

i'm interested, if you dont mind.

i dont know if anyone will like this but if you're interested..

i rather enjoyed actually. i'm generally not a fan of vocals (lyrics/singing) in "electronifeid" music, but that wasn't so bad.

i detected a curious rhythm (between guitar and echo) in the opening which i suppose could be fleshed out with proper tracking/editing,

cheers, who did it? i noticed the user page was from aus.

i rather enjoyed actually. i'm generally not a fan of vocals (lyrics/singing) in "electronifeid" music, but that wasn't so bad.

i detected a curious rhythm (between guitar and echo) in the opening which i suppose could be fleshed out with proper tracking/editing,

cheers, who did it? i noticed the user page was from aus.

glad you liked it.

my friends invited me over to their house this one particular evening, for a jam, so i brought my electric and my amp and my pedal, and we jammed for an hour or two, a few days later they sent me the link to that video.

i had no idea they were recording and that they'd sample my improv in a track.

i gotta say even though it's amateur, i really like the song and i really enjoyed the video as well, if it was electric guitar then it was probably me you heard, i haven't listened for ages but will again now. (edit) what you heard was probably someone moving something or banging something like an acoustic guitar or a conga drum

thanks again. and if you wanna upload that stuff you mentioned a few posts back, go ahead, i'm really interested.

Edited by chnt

aye, i haven' forgotten, i blew my monthly data allowance downloading movies so i'll have to see if i can ul at uni, they haven't blocked all the filesharing sites yet so should be oK.

dont worry about it, take your time, do it when ever, i dont mind.

cunt.

but seriously do it when ever.

Wow, i missed this whole thread.

how did that happen.

lot of interesting discussion going on here, and what looks to be a couple of interesting days as i back over the last 5 pages and listen to some of it.

i noted with humour someone had "old school: alien project, and infected mushroom" gee both those are still on my modern music i cant quite groove too yet list, lol, in my book def not old school psytrance.

I love old school psytrance, but i tend to circulate around the suns that are the T.I.P. colours compilations, yellow, orange, blue, phosphorescent, beyond colour, 3D. Then there were also the T.I.P. singles collections that were awesome too. out of that, tunes by hallucinogen (simon posford), green nuns of the revolution, orichalcum, the deviant, did i say hallucinogen, lol. There is something about the sound at that point that is so much higher and deeper than that produced during the 2000's. Not to say that there isnt amazing stuff being produced, im just not being exposed to stuff that really moves me very much, a lot of its nice, but i get bored of it very quickly.

But yes, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle. and the other side projects are all fairly amazing.

Of course, as per what is psychedelic, thats a huge definition, and includes progenitors of the genre like pink floyd, in alot of ways the originator for alot of what was to come. but i think the list can also include band's like the cure (faith is so psychedelic), and even Einstürzende Neubauten, or even Godflesh or The Swans, stuff not ordinarily defined as psychedelic. Its more indicative of the ability of the music to take you on a journey when in a heightened state of consciousness. Band such as the doors, etc. were great for that.

As per someone elses statement, i find a lot of psytrance annoying after a bit, because it does become formulaic, and its not longer a journey, just going around and around the same old roundabout. and i found that becoming more and more the norm in the late 90's, and especially so now, although every now and then i hear something amazing.

Good to see Soft Machine got a mention, anyone else remember Captain Beefheart and his Amazing Band. Dont forget Eric Burdens album "Winds of Change".

But in my book, probably some of the best psychedelic music of all comes from the sitar of Ravi Shankar, and the tablas of Alla Rakha. Amazing stuff.

But hey, a lot of music taste is just persoanl opinion, so thats mine.

Thanks for a great thread.

Cheers, Obtuse.

Edited by obtuse

But yes, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle, shpongle.

Would it be presumptuous of us to assume that you like Shpongle, mebbe ? :lol:

I'm quite an obsessive of Shpongle also, and find that the music touches me in a way that no other music does. Not saying they're "My Faves", but the project would rate somewhere in my top ten. To consider their releases: The long-awaited last album (Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland)is an amazing output, highly engineered, and with a cool back story to boot.... of Posford being in Dehli, recording urban/human hum sounds, inciting local street musicians to come to his hotel room to sing/chant/freestyle. Then taking some of his soundgrabs and making them shine within the world according to Sii.

For some reason tho, the album falls flat, against some of their earlier releases.

and the other side projects are all fairly amazing.

Only fairly ? Younger Brother's second album is sweeeeeeeet.

Dont forget Eric Burdens album "Winds of Change".

Nice ! I recently listed to some music by by Eric Burdon & War.

Hell, for a minute I thought you were referring to the Scorpions.

Would it be presumptuous of us to assume that you like Shpongle, mebbe ? :lol:

For some reason tho, the album falls flat, against some of their earlier releases.

Only fairly ? Younger Brother's second album is sweeeeeeeet.

I think its more that im a huge simon posford fan, i love his music and he is able to achieve amazing places within his music. shpongle is awesome, but to be honest while i so love much of it, there is also a bit i find tiresome, but i guess thats natural. his music seems to be the only music with a consistent presence with new and evolving music in my playlist for the past 15 years. its a pleasure to be able to listen to a musician like this evolve over time.

I love that story, good to know the extremes he goes to find new inspiration.

i found some of the new album a bit repitious, and i wonder if the live tracks from the dvd are more of an indication of the original vision for the album.

I do enjoy younger brother, and really grooved with the second album for ages, then got bored with it. dont know why.

Cheers, Obtuse.