The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halcyon Daze

Existenial crisis

I had mine at quite an early age and after eventually pulling through, it left me more philosophical about existence and life in general. It really set me on a new direction in the pursuit of happiness. I can pretty much attribute it to being surrounded with warped religious people, (including my parents)and an 'artificial' society. But strangely I feel waaaay better of because of it all.

Am I just a misfit, or is society really as twisted as it seems.

society is a collectives of individuals, like you ;)

Hmmm, I just noticed a similar post under spiritual and philosophical. Maybe I should have posted this there. How do I move it over to there?

society is a collectives of individuals, like you ;)

Cool, so I'm not alone. That's good to know lol

that depends on how you define an existential crisis.

I believe I have had a few, and I experience ennui on a relatively regular basis.

Would you care to share your experience?

Maybe I should have posted this there. How do I move it over to there?

I moved it over there/here for you. :)

standard scientific analysis has it that the so called male "mid-life crisis" is actually most likely to be correlatively consequent to his partners menopause!

secondly, an "early" midlife crises, that might occur in particularly sensitive "poetic disposition" types, typical in early to mid twenties should probably be seen as a different crises entirely, researchers suggest, more akin to a classic "existential crisis". Apparently mid-life crises are rarely "existential" in nature, according to this research.

I am floating in a vast, seemingly-endless ocean with nary but the horizon for comfort. I have two pieces of driftwood - one in each hand. I think for a while. After a long deliberation, I connect these two pieces of driftwood together, to make one piece. I smile.

Krishnamurti: “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

So anyway. I am having an existential crisis too. I'm trying to make sense of everything, and propagate my viewpoint to places where I am not. It's difficult. I'm not even sure if I have free-will or not. :/

I have however, come to the conclusion that I am a swarm. A seething, shifting, symphony of cells. And I'm okay with that. :)

yeah, society is even more twisted that it looks

existential crisis are only indicative of a healthy spirituality and intellectual

overcoming or coping with it is indicative of a healthy adaptability

Edited by mutant

i have an existential crisis every fucking day.