The Corroboree
Marcel

Mushroom Cultivation Course

It seems there are a few people on this forum wanting to get into mushroom cultivation and are wondering where to begin. For those based in Sydney, here's something of interest: Milkwood Permaculture Mushroom Workshop

I'm not in any way related to this event, or these people, so this ain't no spam. Hell, I won't even be there. Just spreading the news, is all.

• Like 1

hey - I know that guy :) - and members here probably do too! we have talked about doing a similar thing in Canberra together for ages! we just never got around to it :)

cool :)

Hi Watertrade,

I'm still keen to do some workshops with you.

You're more than welcome to come along to any workshops I run.

Just scored about 1/2 a ton of sawdust logs-I pour boiled water on them, add some rolled oats, PC, innoculate, and so far have had heaps of shrooms, including a 107gm shiitake fruit-and lots of smaller ones, chestnuts (more irrepressible than oysters), lentinula tigrinus, abalone oysters and the other oysters, heaps of kings...We should catch up and I'll give you a bag of logs.

I'll post some tutorials here after the course.

Sawdust logs? You mean, like, sawdust compressed into a log shape? What kind of wood is that, worowa?

Hi Marcel,

Yep, they're called ecologs. Made from eucy, mainly messmate I think...

I got them from a place called Stratco-there's one in Penrith.

Gecko or Speedy posted a tip about them somewhere.

It seems there are a few people on this forum wanting to get into mushroom cultivation and are wondering where to begin. For those based in Sydney, here's something of interest: Milkwood Permaculture Mushroom Workshop

I'm not in any way related to this event, or these people, so this ain't no spam. Hell, I won't even be there. Just spreading the news, is all.

th_FredSavageThumbsup.gif

Thats gold synchro!

Huh? Call me a stupid twit, but I don't get it, synchro. :scratchhead: All I know is that as a kid I was told I look like the Wonder Years kid every freakin' day.

And thanks for the tip, worowa. I was actually just thinking of knocking up some logs soon. What are the benefits of ecologs versus regular ol' logs?

He's saying good effort for bringing this to the masses... Well that's how I take it... Lol

Oh.

Right.

I guess I've been overthinking it...

In that case: Thanks synchro! :)

:crux: Come on, man, you should know by now that I have a sense of humour... :)

Hi Marcel,

I copped the same "you look like that kid from the wonder years" back in the day.

Benefits of ecologs...easy to make supplemented production blocks, no drilling/hammering/waxing/watering, quick to produce mushies using filter patch bags, can be used to make sawdust spawn for logs...

Benefits of logs-cheap, long lasting, produce several crops, no need for filter patch bags, if you buy spawn-no need for a PC...

I've tried using free sawdust from various sources with mixed success-these sawdust logs just make it a bit easier to replicate recipes as they're a standard size and no risk of contaminants such as sandpaper/furniture maker debris other than wood etc.