The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
taozen

Cayala Ethnobotanical Garden APRIL 2011

Well, first of all (before you delight yourself with the pics) I need to know if anyone can help me identify if these are indeed:

kratom seedling?

IMG_8668.jpg

Damiana seedling?

IMG_8663.jpg

Calea Seedlings?

IMG_8660.jpg

Ok, now lets just look at the pics! :)

Trichocereus Pachanoi

IMG_8711.jpg

Klip and Wild Dagga Seedlings

IMG_8794.jpg

Siberian Motherwort (Marihuanilla) Seedlings

IMG_8762.jpg

California Poppy Seedlings

IMG_8760.jpg

Rivea! The monster, I put of 2 fences, 1 ontop of the other but it proved to be a terrible idea. Its weight is too much so I had to run rope to hold it down, Im just hoping it climbs to the roof but its still a floor away!

IMG_8764.jpg

HBWR, this one grew only half a foot in a year because it was growing in hard clay, I had a lot of trouble transplanting the very thin and long roots to the pot but its been growing great since.

IMG_8742.jpg

The salvia mother plant.

IMG_8788.jpg

The daughters

IMG_8731.jpg

2 medium Glacium Flavums and a bunch of moth mullein seedlings

IMG_8757.jpg

Mirabilis Multiflora Seedling

IMG_8740.jpg

Absynth Seedlings

IMG_8750.jpg

Valerian Seedlings

IMG_8733.jpg

These are old 1 year old cacti, only now starting to take of.

Trichocereus Bridgesii

IMG_8703.jpg

Trichocereus Terschekii

IMG_8718.jpg

Trichocereus Pachanoi x 3

IMG_8704.jpg

IMG_8705.jpg

IMG_8702.jpg

Syrian Rue, they will never grow to flower if left in that tiny pot, but they have survived a year.

IMG_8701.jpg

Hemia Salicifolia, just germinated

IMG_8732.jpg

Sage and Catnip Seedlings

IMG_8700.jpg

Psychotria Viridis from seed, 1 year old, a truly unique plant, as I knew nothing about plants at all when I sowed this seed.

IMG_8574.jpg

Caapi, 1 month old

IMG_8672.jpg

Caapi, little more than a month

IMG_8673.jpg

IMG_8723.jpg

Coleus from seed, 1 month old

IMG_8728.jpg

Coleus from a cutting I found at a Citibank parking lot.

IMG_8664.jpg

Breakfast, I actually never tried these, altough that might change this week.

IMG_8612.jpg

Lagochilus, about 2-3 months old

IMG_8681.jpg

Hi Taozen, nice pics. Thanks for sharing. The first pic could show a kratom seedling but i dont remember the first pair of leaves being so rounded. But maybe the strong zoom is playing tricks on me. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

`

Edited by Magicdirt

wau, your collection looks much much better than last time you invited us, thx for the upload.

the viridis seedling is a beauty, because it has it's leaves set in groups of three, and not in two's as is normal.

anyway many people will envy you for this seedling, take good care of it, it's special.

another thing which is special with your garden is that you grew everything from seeds youreselfe, and that would have been quite a task, so congratulations on doing so well! :wub:

if it turns out a damiana seedling than this would be very special aswell.

instinctibly, i say aswell yes to the 1st pic displaying kratomm seedlings.

Edited by planthelper

Some serious spines on those pach seedlings. :o

Nice stuff Taozen. I dare say Guatemala would be quite friendly to many plants of ethnobotanical interest.

do you mean wormwood seedlings rather than absynth seedlings???

Hi Taozen, nice pics. Thanks for sharing. The first pic could show a kratom seedling but i dont remember the first pair of leaves being so rounded. But maybe the strong zoom is playing tricks on me. bye Eg

Yes, they seemed too round to me when comparing it to other kratom seedlings, :( I guess I'll keep waiting altough its been 2.5 weeks now, seems its 30 dolars down the.. soil.

Edited by taozen

You've git all going on there Toazen

Was that salvia mother plant the one you had held together with a needle a few months ago ?

A few labels doesn't hurt when you start getting lot's of plants, it can save a bit confusion later on. I cut little strips out of old plastic milk bottles.

yeah! its that same plant, that was a great tek! getting ready to expand during the rainy season

Everything is labeled, if you are refering to my questions on seedlings it's always possible to get seeds and what not with the soil I get, also weeds and that.

Edited by taozen

wau, your collection looks much much better than last time you invited us, thx for the upload.

the viridis seedling is a beauty, because it has it's leaves set in groups of three, and not in two's as is normal.

anyway many people will envy you for this seedling, take good care of it, it's special.

another thing which is special with your garden is that you grew everything from seeds youreselfe, and that would have been quite a task, so congratulations on doing so well! :wub:

if it turns out a damiana seedling than this would be very special aswell.

instinctibly, i say aswell yes to the 1st pic displaying kratomm seedlings.

thanks, I didnt know that about the PV it grows really slowly but I will take as much care of it as I can, cant wait to start taking leaf cuttings and growing a family. Yeah everything except the salvia of course, has been grow from seed, the rivea was directly sown to ground as I didnt know of the advantages of controlled germination then. It has been lots of work but its worth it, I'm addicted to the feeling you get when you see the first sprouts whatever the seed.

Some serious spines on those pach seedlings. :o

Nice stuff Taozen. I dare say Guatemala would be quite friendly to many plants of ethnobotanical interest.

Yes indeed, very friendly weather, deforestation is slowly chipping away at it though. I'll see if I can add some native psylocibes somehow, maybe bringing some inoculated manure in.

do you mean wormwood seedlings rather than absynth seedlings???

I do, dont know if theres an absynth plant, but yeah couldnt retrieve the word to my brain atm.

Very impressive! :worship: Well done growing them all from seed, I prefer to do that where possible.

Your plants begin to adapt to local conditions that way.

For some reason not all the pictures displayed, was hoping to see a wormwood seedling but alas that one didn't come up.

I hope that seedling is kratom for your sake, I'm not familiar enough to offer an opinion while it's so young.

Thanks for sharing.