The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

Why Pot Smokers Are Paranoid

pot often made it seem as though subtle body language and giggling between others was a result of their reading my thoughts, that when i went into another room they would start talking about me and much of what they said had a secret sub-text to which i was not supposed to be privvy. maybe that has more to do with me than pot

it's not just you, now that i'm a very very occasional smoker i've been there myself & can think ov a couple ov times when i saw exactly what you describe happen to first time tokers.

^^^ What? Booze makes you feel like an arrogant prick, on top of the world, even if everyone is talking behind your back, fuck them, you're better than them; you're drunk!

...I've never felt paranoid on booze, and as much as I love cannabis I can't say the same.

Countless times I have seen violence break out amongst groups of drinkers which may indicate a certain level of paranoia.

I have also been at events with thousands of smokers which may be characterised by a lack of paranoia, just good vibes.

• Like 1

But anyone who hasn't smoked for 2-4 weeks, or ever, who then smokes a couple ov cones ov primo bud will definitely experience the full effects ov THC which are very psychedelic & can easily cause paranoia, without any need for a predisposition to "manic /psychotic/schizoid implications".

In this scenario paranoia would not be experienced by an experienced smoker.

There are centuries worth ov anecdotal evidence for "pot can make you paranoid"...infact the very word "paranoia" would still only be part ov the clinicians language if it weren't for it's appropriation by the masses ov people needing to describe the new sensations they were experiencing when experimenting w/drugs.

Cannabis has been characterised as a minor psychedelic. GIGO (Garbage in, Garbage out). What is there gets amplified.

For simplification I'm also disregarding the "chill out" factor which is often operative with cannabis.

This article reports a conclusion drawn from animal experiments that seeks to show how the method ov action by THC may induce that paranoia.

A poorly designed experiment in which the conclusion is an assumption, speculating far beyond the data. Putting the cart before the horse.

Edited by Mycot

All I can say is as an ex smoker for many years who defended weed until the cows cam home and then who recently had an adverse experience after barely indulging for years and then basically ODing (my thread in Chillspace - MJ overdose), I was totally psychotic, totally delusional and quite physically unwell with body tremors and dripping with fever. Paranoia was my total existence. I had a spell on me and I was convinced of this fact.

The thing about an MJ delusion is that it is utterly convincing. Even straight the next day part of me was convinced that my delusion was real - whereas even tripping total balls on syd or subs I can still rationalise that what is occuring wasnt real and I just had to ride it out (although in general these werent always negative, fearful or unenjoyable and certainly not insanely paranoid).

Even 40mgs of 2c-t-7 did not inspire the convincing and believable delusions of my Skunk OD...

Shouldnt be surprised really... When I look back I know at least four chronic smokers who developed psychosis... Poor bastards... None of them are right now years later. Dudes that were talented and smart, who now just stink and act weird...

Booze is far worse for paranoia than weed is

Couldnt agree less mate, sorry.

Boozers fight because they feel aggressive and want an excuse and often any excuse will do. its more about bravado and 'look, i do have a penis!'

Although Im sure Synchromesh would - being a fan of the joker - understand the beauty of purple, surf green and orange...

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

could be many reasons, including that they feel like king shit and that they ARE aggressive, but sober they have more social restraint.

you guys are fighting an uphill battle here i think, but i'm not gonna argue personally. if you get such positive effects from weed and none of the negative, i'm happy for you!

not every boozer is like that, there are big generalisations on bothsides, and its not a case of pot vs booze.

Edited by spudamore
  • Like 1

Sure but not every smoker gets paranoid. Boozers get agro if they get agro because they have small cock insecurities or because in their normal lives they feel powerless and impotent so have to prove how tough they are when they are less hibited.

ThunderIdeal - We're not just talking about a few drinkers here though. We're talking about loads.

spudamore - Well, it is for me. Because I for one am sick of nabraxas' bias.

What about all of the positive things about cannabis, nabraxas? And what about all of the negative things about alcohol?

Sure but not every smoker gets paranoid. Boozers get agro if they get agro because they have small cock insecurities or because in their normal lives they feel powerless and impotent so have to prove how tough they are when they are less hibited.

which boozers specifically? i know pot smokers that also have the same attributes. so how would they fit into your little view?

spudamore - Well, it is for me. Because I for one am sick of nabraxas' bias.

What about all of the positive things about cannabis, nabraxas? And what about all of the negative things about alcohol?

i am not for either or, but do see both the positive and negatives of them, also each does not have to do with the other.

Edited by spudamore

They do IMO. Because cannabis is safer than alcohol, yet that's the one which is illegal.

cannabis is not alcohol, so it has no direct link to the legalities between the 2.

sorry should finish the sentence

Edited by spudamore

which boozers specifically? i know pot smokers that also have the same attributes. so how would they fit into your little view?

Little view? So your suggesting the average pot smoker is an aggressive ego maniac? LOL... Pot provides introversion. Alcohol provides the opposite.

maybe for you but you cannot make that statement for every user of pot or alcohol. well you can but will be totally unsubstantiated

Edited by spudamore
  • Like 2

cannabis is not alcohol, so it has no direct link to the legalities between the 2.

sorry should finish the sentence

Sorry, spudamore, but I still don't see your point.

maybe for you but you cannot make that statement for every user of pot or alcohol. well you can but will be totally unsubstantiated

- Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

I for one am sick of nabraxas' bias.

Don't be paranoid :P

i haven't got a bias.

i think ALL drugs should be legal.

if i see positive or negative news stories about any drug i'll post them.

• Like 1

this is not a pot VS alcohol thread.

this is the football mentality 'enlightened' people are not supposed to have on drugs.. ?!?

Edited by mutant

so what is it about wanting to lump the 2 in the same category?