The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ethnodude

Restrictions on legal highs coming

Welcome to the future - if it makes you think or distracts you from being part of unthinking, consuming, laboring mortgage payers who run the beast that is Mammon, then its bad as far as convention goes. Meanwhile in Portugal everything is being legalised prettymuch.

At least they are still available to over 18's (according to the article at least). If only our gov were that reasonable.

Legal products that mimic the high given by smoking cannabis are set to be banned for under-18s.

I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Infact I find this to be very good, instead of banning them outright like they could they're coming up with ways to live alongside the problem.

Well done NZ.

However... these 'herbal' high mixtures often contain pre-research stage synthetic cannibinoids and as such should not be consumed by any humans 18, 23 or 103 until they've recognised to be 'safe'.

Edited by Distracted

`

Edited by Magicdirt

I thought they were already R18, I guess that's just the packaging though.

I have seen plenty of high school kids buying this stuff, there are empty packets all over the streets.

It's ridiculous that this stuff sprayed with JWs is legal and can be sold in dairies but natural ol Herb is still scheduled.

So does anyone know for sure if "kronic" contains synth cannidinoids? My brother tried some kronic skunk recently and said it was stronger than the real thing bought at a shop OTC in a perth paraphenalia store.

I thought Oz had already cracked down on these?

It's definitely on par with real stuff. tastes terrible though

I thought they got around the law (pretty sure JWH is illegal in NZ, after Spice products were banned), by calling it an "incense, not intended for use" and just refusing to declare what the contents are..

I have heard it's JWH 018 but that could easily be hear say.

Damn all these changes and crackdowns....man it makes one wonder W.H.O. is behind this?

I wonder who synthesises and allows the sale of certain legal highs.......:scratchhead:

Edit:

International Oddities has some review vids on the tooob,man they've been around since I first picked up a copy of HT.

You know the "Hot Chick" covered in buds and sexy eyeliner chicks with pillz .ludes man ludes. Gotta be a crock.

Edited by mescalito

It's definitely on par with real stuff. tastes terrible though

The one i have found is well above the real deal, better effects for me anyways, tastes good and is nice and smooth. Heavy users of the real deal cannot believe the strength of it, which is imo, stronger than anything available indoor or out by a long shot. It would not be just one of the compounds but a mixture im sure.

Plenty of different ones to try and i only have one left to sample but i have my favourite now and would purchase it over anything any day. If anyone wants more info shoot me a PM.

LOL mesc, international oddities. Man they have been around for years with their "wizard smoke" etc hahahaha, i never tried any of that shit and from what i heard it was utter rubbish though judging from the huge 2 page ads they used to have in HT im sure they made a lot of coin from the sales of their legal doo dads.

can-wizard-smoke.jpg

So does anyone know for sure if "kronic" contains synth cannidinoids? My brother tried some kronic skunk recently and said it was stronger than the real thing bought at a shop OTC in a perth paraphenalia store.

I thought Oz had already cracked down on these?

I live in a small town and Kronic is 4sale even here

see it regularly. Have tried to tell the store owners of the legalities, but they never believe me. I just want to make sure they know the implications of wat they are doing.

and judging from bio, yes it contains synthetics.

Edited by naja naja

Personally I feel this is one of the most sensible pieces of legislation I have come across. I have heard of too many kids getting their hands on this powerful stuff and risking their health smoking it. I also agree that it is ridiculous that cannabis is illegal while these often stronger and potentially more dangerous blends are available over the internet without any ID ect.

Unfortunately I feel this is just early initial legislation to preempt a blanket ban of these alternatives, rather than in the interest of childrens health.

I agree as well over 18 a must.

Ive been sampling these blends for well over 2 years now. Spice gold was the first and one of the best.

I don't know how people smoke that Kronic blend the harshest smoke Ive ever had.

Definately a grey area regarding legalities I don't care what anyone says. It will only be a matter of time before it gets scheduled here.

Anyway enjoy while it lasts.

It will only be a matter of time before it gets scheduled here.

AFAIK it is scheduled here (isn't it?)

25 bucks a gram for Kronic on the xtreme herbs website.

Why would you buy that when the real stuff is cheaper ?

Yeti101 if it is scheduled here its not being enforced... You can openly buy it off many websites based in australia. And from many retail shops.

Magicdirt - Kronic is expensive and is like smoking the worst and harshest plant material on earth. Some people like these blends because of work commitments example - drug testing. There are a few blends out there which work out cheaper gram for gram compared with real bud. But I guess if you had a few babies growing nothing is cheaper than that. Not that I do if anyone wonders :) Gone are those magical days.

Edited by goldfinger

25 bucks a gram for Kronic on the xtreme herbs website.

Why would you buy that when the real stuff is cheaper ?

Yeah that's a bit stupid..

It's cheaper over here, 25AUD would get you 2.5g.

oh, and some change to buy a drink to get the taste out of your mouth :wink:

Edited by centipede

I seen it 65 for 3g, but thats still more than real.

Reaons to buy..... U can travell with it, no sniffer worries. So going on holiday can be easier without having to try and organize herb. If u can't get any real stuff for sum reason or another, it can get u by for that night, day, week, etc

And yeah, drug testing. Atleast u can still get high without risking ur job.

Oh and driving these days too, with swab tests, atleast u wouldn't be risking your liscense using one of the synthetics.

Edited by naja naja

I always advise people that if you can get the real thing then your already on to a winner. Why try fix what aint broke? Cannabis is a miracle gift from mother nature that is the complete package.

However, given the "nature" of things modern society, it's not always possible to utilize such gifts. In these situations herbal incense can be a viable alternative worthy of consideration. There are better and cheaper blends on the market than kronic if your willing to take the time to investigate. Lightyears are masters of marketing and will be one of the main causes for these being prohibited in Australia, just like whats happening in NZ. Much like how BZP was banned which they also heavily marketed, although in that case it was a good thing as BZP is toxic.

One part of the reason I gave up the real thing besides the obvious (and I was a light smoker) is because street stuff is so unpredictable and maaan it's shit compared to true heritage stuff from the 80's-90's....I wouldn't be surprised if most here has fly spray on it!

Some growers are STUPID!

People tend to smoke heaps more these days and my mates are always chasing and on it STILL.......numb and useless.....addicted badly.

The buzz back then used to leave you with sore stomach muscles from laughing all night :P

There's Flouride in the water,toothpaste and in fillers for A/D and anxiety meds!

That's the bad shit and millions are ingesting it everyday...life's full of risks I guess.

Here's a related article.

legal-weed-ruined-my-life

"The product usually contains the 1,1-dimethyloctyl homologue of the substance CP 47,497, a synthetic substantially similar to the main active component of cannabis tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)."

I don't know if this is true or not but its interesting they mention this.

I'm not sure how they can make this statement consider there is no research.

"Kronic spokesman Ben Thompson said the product contained no ingredients that could create a dependence or cause psychological problems."

Know your CP 47,497 fiend. You will not be able to see his eyes because of tea shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim.