The Corroboree
Amazonian

Upload picture to a PM

Just wondering how i can upload a picture from 'my pictures' (stored on my computer) to a PM. I looked at insert image but it asks for URL(?) It wont allow me to copy and paste the pic to there either . i have ran out of options . You guys got any ideas?

only way to upload a pic is uploading it to say imgshack, that's why you need a url

I have never had to use image shack or URL for My Gallery or forum photos? There has to be another way,surely.???

photo-bucket for me, then copy the image code into your message easy peasy

Thanks for the replies. I used Photobucket. It worked, and yeah, was pretty easy :) . Just wondering how secure it is?. I haven't had a look into the settings or anything yet. Cheers.

i haven't used photobucket they are all virtually clones of each other, as far as security wouldn't worry unless you were uploading docs from wikileaks or child pron, none the less sorry we couldn't help.

As far as security goes, anyone can look at it, if they know the url (or perhaps file name?)

Generally that means nobody that you don't directly link to it can see it.

as far as security wouldn't worry unless you were uploading docs from wikileaks or child pron, none the less sorry we couldn't help.

Nothing incriminating, just some progress is all.

And you were all helpful. job done.

when in compose screen just click 'full editor'. this will then give an upload and attach function.

I had tried that ^ ^ ^ . It does not have that application/function(?) in PM as it does in a thread. Can any one else confirm this or is it just my blondness, ( no offense to blonds).:P

Edited by Amazonian

Your just going to have to take my word for it Torsten.It does not have that option.

In this thread= http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26355 post 19, you said...

as admin my profile can do a lot of thigns no one else can do so I can't face these issues on a regular basis. In fact I think I need to create a test account to get a better grasp

I think this would be very helpful. Have you thought more about it?

edit : ahh crap. had my testing profile set wrong.

attachements should now work for all 'members2', 'trusted members' and 'moderators'. If we encounter any security problems I'll have to remove it from the members2 group, but I think that is managable.

I have had a go at that, and YES, it now can be done.

I have to say how much I admire you for the effort you go to, to tweak things on the Forum, to keep us members happy. Much appreciated. Thank you Torsten.

Edited by Amazonian