The Corroboree
random

Plants to aid stress and promote energy?

It's not even 8! :P

with the FDA i think its really really hard to legally make supplements in australia... Most if not all will be imported from oversea's. Atleast in the supplement industry it is...

tripsis, I doubt this is possible to find out for such products. my supplier is unlikely to know where their soy comes from. Once it is traded via a few exchanges it is unlikely for them to even be able to trust the labels and chances are they buy whatever is available from whatever exchange at that time. you would really need to have a company that has ethics and actively monitors their inputs - which is unlikely in the pharmaceutical and supplement industry.

as far as food labeling goes its law in australia to have it labeled if it contains any gmo derived products,

it might be a big assumption to make to think think would automatically apply to the supplement industry

also i think it's in defiance of organic standards to label (food at least) as organic if it's derived from gmo organisms,

so i guess you just need to look for a fair trade product and you've got your bases covered,

again i have no idea if this applies to supplements by i assume the organic stuff does at least

I was taking 1 to 2 kava tablets a day a couple of weeks ago to reduce stress. Lasted about 5 days then stopped taking them because of rising anxiety.

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot Torsten, but it's the sort of information I like to know when possible.

as far as food labeling goes its law in australia to have it labeled if it contains any gmo derived products

Where did you hear that? That is not the case at all.

I was taking 1 to 2 kava tablets a day a couple of weeks ago to reduce stress. Lasted about 5 days then stopped taking them because of rising anxiety.

Sheesh that's terrible rahli but i can totally agree with you that sometimes different people react differently to herbs.. etc.

I've only ever had kava prepared out of the raw root material(powder in water)and only intermittently for temporary relaxation - never for any sustained period and have never experienced any ill effects - apart from the taste :)

These tablets you talk of are they the Kava 2400mg by Thompsons?

I've a friend who went thru the bottle taking them daily and reported no visible/noticeable difference to his anxiety levels and didn't buy anymore.

So...um ...who knows?

Further to my previous post here is some more detailed info of the product I was talking about;

Adrenoplex® is a comprehensive herbal and nutritional formula for adrenal health. It may assist in relieving nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety. By supporting the maintenance of healthy adrenal function, Adrenoplex® may assist in overcoming fatigue and provide support during mentally and physically draining circumstances.

Each Capsule Contains:

Herbal extracts equiv. to dry:

Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian ginseng) root 1.75g

Withania somnifera (Indian ginseng) root 750mg

Panax ginseng (Korean ginseng) root 180mg

Panax quinquefolium (American ginseng) root 120mg

Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) mushroom 75mg

Nutrients:

Phenylalanine 75mg

Tyrosine 75mg

Calcium pantothenate (equiv. Pantothenic acid 50mg) 55mg

Nicotinamide 15mg

Nicotinic acid 5mg

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 5mg

Folic acid 50µg

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 5µg

A word of caution though... it might also make you more horny than you usually are ;p

Lol I don't need to get more horny thanks :P

Thanks for listing the ingredients i'm definitely going to look for the adrenoplex tomorrow and hopefully find some.

Sheesh that's terrible rahli but i can totally agree with you that sometimes different people react differently to herbs.. etc.

I've only ever had kava prepared out of the raw root material(powder in water)and only intermittently for temporary relaxation - never for any sustained period and have never experienced any ill effects - apart from the taste :)

These tablets you talk of are they the Kava 2400mg by Thompsons?

I've a friend who went thru the bottle taking them daily and reported no visible/noticeable difference to his anxiety levels and didn't buy anymore.

So...um ...who knows?

Yes etherealdrifter that is the brand I was using. I've used kava in the past intermittently with very relaxing effects and was surprised that the tablets caused the effect that they did when using daily small doses. I much prefer the traditional method of use, though maybe not as a daily occurrence.

righto

:wink:

now that's got me thinkn.......

apart from the supposedly,'inert fillers' manufacturers use to bind this pill , i wonder if some of these 'inactives' are having adverse effects on the desired delivery of kavalactones.

hmmm?

Lol I don't need to get more horny thanks :P

Thanks for listing the ingredients i'm definitely going to look for the adrenoplex tomorrow and hopefully find some.

glad to hear someone has libido, I need all the help I can get! <-- could be a by product of having kids lolz

If you have trouble finding them pm me.

i suppose your going to tell me that because it's from the government its a lie

No, I'm not going to tell you that, because I'm not one of the conspiracy brigade that touts that line at every possible chance. However, despite the information in the link you provided, there are still foods which do not need to be labelled.

See:

http://www.truefood.org.au/questionsandanswers/?question=10

fair enough. however the food from that list which falls into my dietary radar would be canola oil, which i have half a bottle of on my counter.

now that i'm more aware i'll make a better informed choice next time,

cheers,

Also worth reading is this:

http://www.truefood.org.au/newsandevents/?news=121

It's pretty fucked that Australia allows for such shoddy labelling. Despite people clearing want better labelling of what is actually GE, there are still products out there which could easily be GE and are not labelled as such.

@ tripsis

Good link. There's also a truefood network facebook page if anyone's interested. Its good for the simple fact it helps keep one up to date with whats happening.

@ kindness

thanks again, will do. :)

and having kids is enough to kill anybody's libido i hear ya haha!

hey trips,

nice one.

that article just reinforces what few do but many should -in Oz - grow your own...dammit.

Since, commercialization of cooking is 'rad' now ,more celebrity chefs should be lobbied into pushing this agenda to highlight the differences and make people care more about food. der.

Now, i know this might be impracticable for some(growing ya own), nevertheless, it's a worthwhile cause that could help the general health of many.

Imagine m\\\\\chef pushing this instead of advertising crappy products from coles.

ahhh humanity...ahhh the insanity

lucky we've got 'wheel of fortune' and the insane andrew o'keefe to soothe the savage beast within us.

>>it's 'deal or no deal'

:P

Edited by etherealdrifter

It's pretty fucked that Australia allows for such shoddy labelling. Despite people clearing want better labelling of what is actually GE, there are still products out there which could easily be GE and are not labelled as such.

cheers. it appears more an more the australian government is either completely corrupt, or completely inept.

i think it's both.

i see now on the good food guide there's 3 - 4 choices i need to reconsider.

have to give up my beloved coopers, shame, but if they're going to be cunts then they can go fuck themselves.

seriously, i can't believe someone like barnaby joyce is elected to represent the country

i mean c'mon, this represents australians?

(ok don't respond, i'm venting)

From that link:

"There were over 6000 submissions to the review, and 85% of these asked for comprehensive disclosure of GE, additives, allergens and other technologies."

yeah, the government is listening. Uh huh. It takes real determination not to be disheartened or discouraged by the decisions that are seemingly made for us. I've been entertaining the thought lately that I'm actually crazy and incapable of deciding what is actually good for me and I'm really lucky to have the government, (up there somewhere above me coz I'm less than them) to make my choices for me. Phew, lucky... who knows what would happen if I felt empowered or able to determine my own bumbling way through life... I'd probably die or something....

@etheraldrifter... yep, time to grow our own food again.

kindness, that adrenoplex is actually a really well structured product. good to see someone creating intelligent combos rather than just the usual moronic crap.