The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

ashwagandha

A fucking amazing herb this one. Like ginseng but calming. And its anti inflammatory. Im hoping to live off the stuff for a couple of annoying ailments. Can anyone source me some plants? thanks!

Hey if you get stuck for some I might have a few small plantlets. Be a while before you can live off them tho )

Ashwagandra is awesome! C0in put me onto it an I thank him daily :)

this plants makes a great tea... great nerve tonic, had a huge bush of it a year ago, died off in the frost... easy plants though.

Edited by hunnicutt

I read about it here for first time a few weeks ago in a joint pain thread. :blush:

You can buy ashwagandha seeds off ebay for a few dollars.

I'm hoping to live off it too once my seeds germinate!

Oops, I mean once my seedlings grow into bushes! Go to sleep, meeka.... :unsure:

Just be careful with the leaves.

I ran out of roots and had buckets of dried leaves so I tried to use them instead, turns out its a fairly reliable laxative in several-gram quantities :lol:

That explains the episode I had after having one too many chinese herbal tabs which main ingredient is ashwagandha haha! Ew. Too much information!

So Auxin are the roots the best part of the plant to use?

How long until the plants are big enough to harvest? Thx

SAB has some very affordable plants

I could offer you some seed if you prefer tho..

wow, Ashwagandha powder is really pricey over here, 10x as expensive as at SAB..

Well theres some clinical data that seems to indicate leaf extracts may be of particular usefulness in certain situations, like combined with radiation therapy... but yeah IME the root is the good bit. Actually more precisely the root bark stripped off while still fresh, in my grows the root bark accounted for half the dried weight, seemed to have nearly all the medicinal goodies (or at least taste and color), and was chewable dry unlike the woody core which is never particularly chewable unless your a bikie or some really hardcore raw foodist.

tst swears by the berries

Leaf seems good for spinning out herbal extracts into a smokable form

Seeds coagulate milk into white cheese.. useful when your called back to work too early after giving birth and you want to get back at your coworkers by leaving a bit of cheese for them to steal

Cheese! :drool2: