The Corroboree
Marcel

WTB: Bo Tree/Ficus religosa

Hey folks.

I want to add one of these to my collection of plants of religious/spiritual significance. I understand there are clones taken directly from the Bo Tree under which Buddha sat (or taken from clones which were taken from clones which were taken from clones...), and such a descendant would be favourable, I guess.

Anyone have one of these and can point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

Edited by Marcel

Go to Hawaii!

I had the same thought when I read that...sort of! One could get someone living there to post a cutting but then they might realise the market potential and exploit that one to its demise. :unsure:

Ficus religiosa is extremely common in India, you can find it all over the place growing in crack in walls, pavement, etc. I nearly went to Bodhgaya, but didn't end up having time. That said, plants are available on Ebay, but I highly doubt they're the clone you're looking for. Attractive plants at any rate.

Well, I finally got one.

post-7825-0-69825500-1303795361_thumb.jp

post-7825-0-69825500-1303795361_thumb.jpg

post-7825-0-69825500-1303795361_thumb.jpg

I wonder how accurate the info about that tree is. If i were a salesman, i´d claim all kind of celebs to have sitten under my trees. "Hey look, thats the one Arnold Schwarzenegger was pumping iron under when he was in germany back in the seventies." :innocent_n: I would be very careful about stuff thats salesmen say. I sometimes watch the TV Series PAWN STARS and in every second episode are people who bought something that was allegedly owned by someone famous once. And most of the time, its turns out they´ve paid too much for a regular item.

But no matter what, its a nice tree to have. :wub: They give a good bonsai. bye EG

Nah, I gave up trying to find a relative of the Bo Tree from Bodhgaya. This is just a plain ol' Ficus religiosa from the good folk at All Rare Herbs. But in some ways it's more valuable because the Blessed and Saintly Marcel touched it and planted it in his suburban backyard.

I can get the clone that you are looking for, I think.

in some ways it's more valuable because the Blessed and Saintly Marcel touched it and planted it in his suburban backyard.

Nice try, scammer...unless you can prove it! :lol:

Proof shmoof. Where's your faith? :)