The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
friendly

Bliss

Being old and benind the times, most of you have probably gotten around to trying this already, but last night I mixed up a batch of Blue Lily flowers with a bit of Sceletium tortuosum powder and bioassayed the mixture by pyrolization.

The results were quite impressive, but nothing overwhelming.

The overall effect was a combining of the best qualities of each plant while eliminating any negative qualities from both.

The euphoria was quite noticable, enjoyable, and very balanced--for lack of a better word.

The balance between the two herbs--or perhaps synergy would be a better word--was the most notable effect.

They seemed to be made for each other.

The effect was noticable for three or more hours, coming on slowly and staying strong until near the end.

The best word I can find at this time is bliss.

Pure and simple; bliss.

better watch it geezer, that bliss can be mighty addictive. :D

isn't "blissed out" a heroin users term?

Mmmm!

Might have to add that to the Lotus/Cannabis/Brug mix I'll be attempting when I have all the ingredients.

How much did you smoke of both? A gram? Half a gram? Several ounces?

do u dry the lotus and mix in the sceletium powder?

pardon my ignorance

aaron

No, not like heroin.

Entheogen users also use that term.

Dried crushed flowers of N. caerulea--enough for a nice fat cigarette with 100mg of Sceletium powder sprinkled in, passed around between three people.

Approximately 25% of the cigarette still remains.

Speaking yesterday with one of the participents, he remarked that it turned out to be much more than he originally thought, and was very much intoxicated when he left the session that evening.

thanx friendly:-)

excuse my poor english... pyrolisation sounds like

fire..something ! what is it really, please explain friendly ! :confused:

can one also use just dried, unfermented sceletium?

would this be less potent ?

Originally posted by bean me:

pyrolisation

burning, ie smoking.

can one also use just dried, unfermented sceletium? would this be less potent ?

There are several detailed discussions on this on these forums. Yes, it is less potent. But more importantly it is also toxic due to the oxalic acid.

I have been told that the presence of oxalates may be diminished by the application of heat.

Also, Torsten, will you cite your source for the correlation of "fermentation" and increased potency?

Ive used the same mix with similar results

but as a Tea

Originally posted by r. Jackson:

I have been told that the presence of oxalates may be diminished by the application of heat.

Oxalic acid will decarboxylate at about 150 deg C, so presumably oxalates will do similarly. One of the traditional methods employs hot sand from below a fire place to achieve this effect.

Also, Torsten, will you cite your source for the correlation of "fermentation" and increased potency?

There's a published paper written on the topic, so it shuld not be difficult to find. I thought I had it in my e-files, but I can't find it, so it is probably in my paperfiles. From memory I think one of the -ines turns to an -one, which is more potent.

Just had a couple of pipes of blue lotus and sceletium, as well as a couple of beers.

:D :D :D

It all seems to mix together quite nicely, feeling rather inebriated typing this now.

Cheers for the combo idea!

Daniel

I smoked the remaining 25% of that cigarette this morning, and I must say it made me very content and non-anxious.

So content, that I've been in the office for over an hour now and have gotten nothing done, preferring instead to fool around with mindless things.

It's not that I'm avoiding work; I just have absolutely no interest in it.

Lalalalala.....