The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Oprah - Can a Single Pill Change Your Life?

Love you all

entheogen definition is my mind a substance outside of ourselves that helps us to connect to god. I use the word god because in our language and society it is the most easily understood.... I'm not talking about a dude sitting on a chair with a grey beard though.

PTSD is fucked. As part of my lifes work I am looking at this sufferance and it would seem that perhaps MD provides a somewhat removed way of revisiting the past without restimulating memories that up to that point have left the client / person running to their dissociation / avoidance mechanisms.

Simply put... when you take Md you might be able to think about horrible stuff without the mind and body running for cover, (fight or flight).

I am only going off the last few posts here...

SNRI's + Benzodiazapines or several doses of MD taken during talking therapies. Don't look to far, who wins money wise long term?

i wonder how amygdala function is altered on MDMA. never really thought about it this way but this is where are darkest fears are stored.

as many people will put it, you can't really view things negatively on enough mdma. "it's all good". you just don't conceive of what negative consequences your actions might have, or why you should feel bad at all. it's a temporary thing which leaves many people feeling pretty down once it's all over. to think that this temporary boundless happiness couldn't be used therapeutically for certain difficult issues, is absurd!

....feeling like a god with a partial lobotomy!.....in just the right place!.....

do people experience much visual content ? prophetic symbolism ?

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

I personally believe MDMA should be a mandatory prescription for many people... Tell me people wouldnt love their job that little bit more??

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

....feeling like a god with a partial lobotomy!.....in just the right place!.....

do people experience much visual content ? prophetic symbolism ?

t s t .

i don't know if the visual aspects could be described as content. it doesn't even come close to what a trip is. IMHO

I wouldn't call it a psychedelic as in "mind manifesting". I use that term for things like mesc, psilo shrooms, DMT, LSD or even cannabis. It sure doesn't have an effect like those kinda things on me. It always made me feel awesome under any circumstances. Plus, it does have a bugger of a come down. I like t st tantra's description. Though it does kinda make me have visuals. At the same time it has been so long since I tried it and I was pretty young then. Maybe I missed something.

Having said that, I can see how it could be useful in guided psychotherapy. I liked reading the article in the OP as well. I wish that kind of therapy was more commonly available. Damn rich Californians, I can't help but feel envious.

which description was that? cuz it seems as though tst is trying to get an understanding of something he hasn't experienced. i think your description covers about half of it. always made you feel awesome under any circumstances. i think that's basically why it causes incredible looseness, but it's also a strong reason to turn your attention to what other people are thinking and feeling and going through (because at your end everything is perfect).

which description was that?

I assumed t st tantra was describing e when he wrote

"....feeling like a god with a partial lobotomy!.....in just the right place!....."

Was it not his words? I dunno, I thought it was funny and sounded like a good description for the drug. Mind you, it was about 14 years ago that I last encountered what felt like good and relatively clean e on a regular basis. I have had some good ones since but it is so rare (for me at least)and I had so many bad experiences with tabs that contained speed at best that I stopped bothering several years ago.

I used to take it most weekends. I remember it being bloody expensive (between $50-$60 per tab)and was always available at raves. I also liked the tabs that were supposed to be MDA, which I remember people called "M's" in sydney at the time (I think. anyone else remember that?). I remember it was a bloody amazing feeling. Maybe it was a bit psychedelic but what I remember most was feeling unbelievably good. Like so so so good lol. Oh and of course feeling really close to people, even complete strangers.

expert opinions:

ecstasy:

Interview with Prof. Alexander Shulgin

Thanks for posting that!

Main link is down now.