The Corroboree
kindness

Meth Epidemic

students generally use ritalin/dexamphetamine as the study tool, i dont see why they wouldnt use meth, if they used it at night to study for a test hopefully they dont have a test within the next few days because they will be stuffed mentally.

alot of meth is scare stories, ecstacy is well known to kill the random person here and there for basically no other reason than pot luck (sorry i dont know the medical reason why) where as meth doesnt seem to have that random killing ability unless pre disposed with heart condition/stroke etc.

personally i believe meth is a hundred times safer than e but all you hear is the lovey dovey nicey wifey stuff about e, then the trailer trash about meth, i believe its just the name..............say it 20 times METH METH METH METH METH METH METH METH METH blah blah blah............all it mainly is is a sinister sounding name.

another thing ill say is i have had friends use it and i didnt even really twig on that they were using, however on e (and im not picking on e just using it for comparison) they are pretty much bumbling idiots who wanna dance to the beat of a drum, then 3 hours later they are at the opposite spectum of life and look like they wanna kill ya.

AFAIK it's the risk of overcompensating staying hydrated leading to hyponatraemia (low sodium) effected by MDMA (some aphetamines) and also apparently for some depressed patients on SSRI medications, that CAN cause death. I had this condition requiring urgent hospitalisation from septicaemia (I was drinking water non-stop and not eating anything for 3 days) and apparently pretty lucky I made it out of it OK. Someone died from hyponatraemia from having entered a water drinking contest in the US recently.

With other EDIT: MOST Ecstasy deaths, it's some other chemical that has caused the damage, not MDMA like a pill damn well should be.

I honestly don't have a whole lot of practical experience with meth apart from one literal FOAF who ended up with a massive problem from it and now looks like a rake with scabs. Other friends who I know have dabbled, generally have good things to say IF ONE KEEPS SENSIBLE ABOUT IT.

Edited by FancyPants

, however on e (and im not picking on e just using it for comparison) they are pretty much bumbling idiots who wanna dance to the beat of a drum, then 3 hours later they are at the opposite spectum of life and look like they wanna kill ya.

I honestly have never seen anyone aggressive on E....E and alcohol I have but never E on its own. I wonder what would cause that.

If I was a bouncer in a night club I would much rather the patrons be all on E and no piss, What a cushy job it would then betongue.gif

E and alcohol can be a bad combination mainly(in my opinion) due to the fact that the E comedown is amplified by alcohol leading to some ultra-sketchiness rather than just normal sketchiness.

meth is evil

eats your body and soul

literally

thats how i feel,

it did it to me,

and i've seen it do it to others

nothing good can come of it, imo

nothing good can come of it, imo

oh lighten up a bit :wink:

who doesnt enjoy the occasional 6 hour wank :devil:

who doesnt enjoy the occasional 6 hour wank

haha... so its not just me lol, but better havin a speedin horny partner and crank out the video camera, poor peen swollen and bruised next day , aah them were the dayz :rolleyes:

I Was once shocked to see I'd pounded out a labial edema on my ex. Now you don't do that on fresh air!! :devil:

Haven't touched the stuff in years. When I was obviously ready to wind up I realized that I was spending 15k per annum on it and put it in the bank instead. Seriously helped me financially throughout my studies.

This stuff is very dangerous boys and girls as we all know. This is one game that can get you killed and I'm sure we all know of someone that has been murdered as a result of speed psychosis. Though the same can be said of alcohol I guess. Staying awake for 5days is enough to turn even the best of us homicidal and if you haven't been there you just haven't binged hard enough. This stuff is the reason policemen needs guns! My opinion is harsh but so is meth!! We are not taking about fairy floss here.

alcohol won't keep you up for 5 days...

thats the difference. Thats why there's a thing called speed psychosis, its about being awake for too long and not everybody's mind can cope with that. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture... and the more you push it, the more your lottery ticket might come...

Edit: and i just want to personally thank everyone for their contribution to this thread, no matter how good or bad, they have all been good input for a total picture. Thanks for sharing your journeys.

Edited by C_T
  • Like 1

meth doesn't keep you up for five days either, unless you are being stupid with it. if you used a moderate amount for breakfast, your bed time would only be pushed back a few hours or so. i basically agree with you CT, sleep is important, but i disrupt my sleep routine all the time without meth and the consequences don't seem to be that bad. are you saying that if i go to bed on time twice when i wasn't planning on it, then i've already made up for the next two times i have meth?

edit: if i haven't already said this, i had better make it clear. i don't advocate meth for most people, it is unbelievably psychologically addicting. i don't advocate frequent use by anyone.

i'm just always encountering black and white views about it, and they're wrong. it's a drug like any other, it happens to be extremely dangerous. so is datura and while people issue strong warnings about datura, it's more rare to hear black and white opinions. well, it may not have as much allure as meth but it seems to be equally dangerous to me if not more so.

"nothing good can come of it" means "i couldn't get any good out of it". don't feel bad, you're far from alone, but good does come of it.

in fact, i've been out drinking all night cuz i had to attend a 21st, and i have an important job application to do in 12 hours. i was only informed about the job a few days ago but i need a really long, solid session to get it done because it needs to be slick and thoroughly researched. if i get the interview it could send my career on a course that i never imagined would happen so soon or ever really, but i'm drunk and tired (didn't want to go out but had to) and i'm a lazy procrastinating shit at the best of times anyway. haven't used meth in months. what is so wrong about using it to get important work done in a pinch?

magic bullet. will take days to recover, but at least those are days i can spare.

i'm getting a bit bitchy now but if all you (nobody in particular) or your friends did was take it again and again trying to squeeze cheap thrills out of it, quit pointing the finger at a soulless molecule and look at yourself. basically you ate up your own body and soul. the very first time anyone tries it, they realise afterwards that their body has suffered, nobody is so ignorant that they wouldn't notice this. so when they try it again before their body has even healed, because they desire to return to an unnaturally high state, they made the choice to put their temporary happiness before their body. i've done that for a third of my days with pot, i can't literally point the finger at pot, bongs never pumped themselves into my lungs, i set my will upon each and every one.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

You only have to fall asleep mid sentence and wake up screaming a few times to realise the damage meth can do to your mental health. I soon learnt to take a more sustainable approach and only used my remaining pays worth on a Friday night. I'd then force myself to sleep unaided by drugs on Saturday lunchtime and wake up ready for work Monday morning. The psychosis stopped, I only ever once got it on tick and I never owed money to my friends. Gave it up no worries because I was only wanting it on a Friday night, 52 times a year, instead of 365 times a year. I can honestly say that I squeezed the most possible out of this drug and I am happy to never use it again. Unless of course I get conscripted into the army and needed to undertake mass slaughter everyday. I couldn't think of a better drug to assist me then.

Edited by rahli

4kindsoflabs.jpg:P

lol blowing....

Its huge in usa right now, cops finding half finished reactions in peoples pockets, with the spread of shake and bake every hillbilly is cooking up as they drive down a highway or walk down the street. The amount of money it costs in hospitals each year due to dodgy meth cooks would blow your mind.

No need for a lab... no need for anything but 1 bottle.

So much energy in that one bottle, all reactions at once.

It blows my mind..

yet 1/4 of all road crashes involve alcohol, kids start sneaking booze at roughly 12, is one of the most toxic chemicals to your liver, turns most people into arrogant twats, has probably hospitalised millions of people already this year, is slowly addicting without the drinker even realising the addiction, often leads to binges, risky sexual behaviors, violence is very often the result of use, imparement of sexual function, rapid destruction of brain cells, toxic reactions, comedown is socially acceptable (hangover), loss of billions of dollars of lost wages due to sickies....can just go on and on.

yes meth is bad, but there is something way badder under everybody's nose already.

its like going to a bee farm and getting worried getting killed or bitten by a shark.

Agree about your stance on alcohol Santiago. And I can happily say I'll never drink alcohol again either.

Admittedly achohol saw me getting into a lot more trouble than meth.

Comparison-of-acute-lethal-toxicity-of-commonly-abused-psychoactive-substances

http://www.scribd.com/doc/338222/Comparison-of-acute-lethal-toxicity-of-commonly-abused-psychoactive-substances

what's the gist of it? the results are written sideways, tiny, and appear to be in russian :scratchhead:

once a week would destroy me. i would end up having it mid week but i'd already be fucking things up before it got to that stage

maybe a more moderate amount i could handle once a week, but i don't think it's a good idea for me or most people. i'm glad you were able to quit easily B)

what's the gist of it? the results are written sideways, tiny, and appear to be in russian :scratchhead:

The gist was - assuming I read right - methamphetamine has the same safety ratio between an effective dose to a lethal (median for both) dose as alcohol; ie 10.

MDMA has an index of 16

Cocaine - 15

Codeine - 20

DMT - 50(?)

DXM - 10

GHB - 8

Heroin - 6

Isobutyl Nitrite - 8

Ketamine - 38

LSD - 1000

Marijuana - >1000

Mescaline - 24 (?)

Methadone - 20

Nitrous Oxide - >150

Phenobarbital - 50

Prozac - 100

Psilocybin - 1000

Rohypnol - 30

Edit: IMHO the arsehole factor isn't taken into account in the safety index obviously. And obviously we all have our different opinions on what drugs do to different people, but it's MY OPINION that for a lot of people, the arsehole factor of alcohol is damn near (if not) top of the list. Maybe it's the pure selfish reptilian brain activation that I don't like with alcohol, but it just seems to make a lot of people selfish, self-absorbed, arrogant F-wits.

Edited by FancyPants
  • Like 3

nice description of alcohol use FP :)

The Russian sideways chart, (I believe - I couldn't read it very well either and now my neck and brain are sore) is comparing the LD50 of various psychoactives... not the effects on social, cognitive blah blah aspects of a mouses life. Just what it takes to kill you purely in amounts of the compound. It also looks at the average or usual effective non-medical dose... So in short Heroin is dangerous because the average/usual effective dose 8mg is close to a lethal dose 50mg for 50% of the population, (see wiki reference to LD50 below). Methamphetamine the numbers are 15mg for effective and 150mg for lethal, (in 50% of the population).

'In toxicology, the median lethal dose, LD50 (abbreviation for “Lethal Dose, 50%”), LC50 (Lethal Concentration, 50%) or LCt50 (Lethal Concentration & Time) of a toxic substance or radiation is the dose required to kill half the members of a tested population after a specified test duration.' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose

blah. I think it is a useful compound that clearly has a high potential for abuse. I don't think that in my lifetime I have seen a drug demonized as much as 'ice'. I'm too scared to try it in case I end up in emergency bashing up hospital staff cause I have the strength of 10 people and feel like I have ants crawling underneath my skin that I'm also trying to tear off.

oh and while I'm at it, MDMA causes holes in your brain according to some and furthermore if you smoke pot in no time at all you will probably have died of a heroin overdose.

• Like 1

I don't think that in my lifetime I have seen a drug demonized as much as 'ice'. I'm too scared to try it in case I end up in emergency bashing up hospital staff cause I have the strength of 10 people and feel like I have ants crawling underneath my skin that I'm also trying to tear off.

oh and while I'm at it, MDMA causes holes in your brain according to some and furthermore if you smoke pot in no time at all you will probably have died of a heroin overdose.

:lol:

by the way, i went off half-cocked apparently because only one black-and-white post had been made in this particular thread. maybe i'm extra touchy becuase i too used to disregard it entirely as a useful substance the same way i still do with alcohol (i think alcohol is fine in moderation for recreational purposed but i don't personally consider it useful, apart from a bit of relaxation and social lubrication, which is pretty pale compared to the usefulness of other many other drugs).

i guess the suggestion is that meth can change people entirely. i'm not sure it's true but i'll go with it, seems plausible. drunks are more of a problem when they're actually drunk, but i reckon it too changes people entirely. i think drugs are just generally bad in too much of a hedonistic context.

• Like 1

Yes those flaming junkies sure do a good job of demonizing meth :devil:

The worst thing about this drug is all the lunatics you have to associate with to get it. My mate was heavy into it a few years back and had to shoot a home invader in the face with a sawn off. You can pretend that this drug scene is safe but political correctness won't stop these guys from coming after you if their looping out. Great fun and excitement but don't be surprised if it all starts turning to shit before your eyes.

I've done my time on this stuff and had my say. Best thing is for everyone to find out and experience it for themselves. But remember that most drugs exist within a scene that you are drawn into it to some degree. You may be able to maintain control over the inanimate molecule but can you say the same of the scene it exists within?

• Like 1

i guess the suggestion is that meth can change people entirely. i'm not sure it's true but i'll go with it, seems plausible. drunks are more of a problem when they're actually drunk, but i reckon it too changes people entirely. i think drugs are just generally bad in too much of a hedonistic context.

Meth reminds me of the ring from Lord of the Rings.

When people see the ring, they want it! Their eyes change...

Then you take it away from their sight and in 30 minutes they're back to normal.

• Like 1

that is right, but it's not going to fuck off and such a simple attitude (coming from you, who usually makes mind boggling intellectual posts!) doesn't help much.

oh by the way, i keep getting you confused with somebody who used to go by the name mooksha. so, i apologise for expecting intellectual rants.

• Like 1

:lol: Well I had repeatedly expressed my opinion as uneducated in other topics so your comment was a tad confusing. So yeah, how flattering. From now on remember meeka = retarded posts.

• Like 1