The Corroboree
Sallubrious

Cyclone Yasi

http://images.gaslam...ninthestorm.png

Blow, you son-of-a-bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me. I'm right here. Come and get me! You'll never sink this boat!

You been working long hours in that sun again?tongue.gif

butt-cracks in india aren't as hot or humid.

thanks for the imagery :puke:

putrid huh, thank fuck my truck has air con, or i'd be borderline flipping god the bird, lieutenant dan style.

at least there is more eye candy when its hot , also a good time to go supermarket shopping with their air conditioning, why how hot is it thar in brissie?

I live in a wooden pole home on a rain-forest block next to the beach just outside of Cairns so I got as far away from home as I could (Hervey Bay). I took the missus & the dog too of course. After the cyclone hit I ended up being cut off from returning home by floods & highway damage. Just got back last night about 11pm. My yard & greenhouse are completely destroyed, trees are down everywhere & my Kombi is covered in dings & scratches from debris. The house is still sound thankfully. I'm glad we evacuated it would have been immensely stressful to endure from the look of my yard. Just lodged for some emergency relief money but I think it might take a while to come through which totally blows because I need to buy a chainsaw now. Not even going to attempt cutting this shit with my hand saw. Still I saw people who copped it way worse than me on the way home. Cardwell & Tully are pretty much wrecked.

Good to be back on the forum... I've been on a belated Christmas visit to Cairns to see my family!

Actually, I managed to get out of there at 6am before the airport closed at 8am. Jetstar got a massive rap in the paper the day before about how great they were for helping people to evacuate the region. Then they and qantas (I realise it's the same company) and tiger all shut up shop and Virgin Blue were the only ones actually flying out on the Wed morning.

We were originally booked to fly out at 4:30pm but swapped to 6am without charge the day before. By that afternoon all the cheap flights had gone and only $1000+ tickets were available. It made me cringe to think that only people who could afford to could then leave the city, and it was worse to see mothers and children saying goodbye to their fathers as they got on the plane because they couldn't afford an extra ticket.

Edit: spelling

Edited by psili sausage

qantas/jetstar didn't care about the customers that were stranded there. In an interview the media officer accidentally let it slip that they were doigng all the rerouting to make sure that no 'assets' and crew were left in FNQ. It was all about getting the maximum number of flights ELSEWHERE, without getting any planes and crew stuck in FNQ.