The Corroboree
dworx

M.hostilis seed giveaway

If anyone else is after some, shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do. I was given some for free off of a member so it's only right that I pass on the remainder!

So did anyone else get their seeds going?

yeah man first sprouts yesterday.

soaked in water for a couple nights before planting.

thank you :D

great to hear centipede, also why centipede ?? Is there a reason for your yser name? I am always curious about why people chose their user names? It's like we christain ourselves to the universal power that is, no religion no politics etc its great..

we should continue this thread with the reason for your user name,lol.

i always thought i should have chosen axolotl but there are a few names out there like that.

i think i just saw a picture of a giant centipede about the same time i was signing up.

is dworx like "the works" as in what one would request in a burger?

Nah its an abbreviation of Devilworx. aS IN ANYTHING NOT CHRISTIAN IS OF THE DEVIL[DAMN cAPS], lol. like entheogens are of the devil, I am of the devil.

My, how they've grown!

post-7825-0-18639400-1295844019_thumb.jp

post-7825-0-18639400-1295844019_thumb.jpg

post-7825-0-18639400-1295844019_thumb.jpg

If there's any more about I'd be keen to give this plant a grow.

dworx, my username is from the hilarious cohen brothers movie "The Big Lebowski". Watch the movie, it's great!

My, how they've grown!

post-7825-0-18639400-1295844019_thumb.jp

Looking very good and extremely similar to my Acacia maidenii (though I'm new to growing things so maybe everything looks like that haha)!

Can you describe the conditions this plant is in because my maidenii've been going for 4 months now and they appear to be only 50-100% more developed than this thing is in a month. Soil? Lighting? Temperature? Watering volume/frequency?

Great work Marcel looking good.

Nah its an abbreviation of Devilworx. aS IN ANYTHING NOT CHRISTIAN IS OF THE DEVIL[DAMN cAPS], lol. like entheogens are of the devil, I am of the devil.

I thought your name was like dorks !:lol:

Nothing to it, Blood Trance. I gave the seeds a little rub on a nail file, dropped them in some near boiling water, and after about a day, I put them in some perlite, misted once a day until water ran out the bottom of the seedling pot, and when they were big enough not to be overly fragile, I transplanted them to some seedling mix, with a touch of coarse river sand mixed in. Now I water them lightly once a day, or so. All on a window sill, with indirect sun.

Similar process to your Acacia, I believe. Though I would have guessed that Acacia are faster. Maybe dworx's seeds are a particularly good bunch?

When these guys get out of the woods and beef up, I'll pass on the remaining seeds to interested parties.

Marcel you really went to a lot of effort, when I first grew mine I just stuck the seeds in a ziplock bag on some moist kitchen towell, they germed and I left them for a couple of days and then tore each seedling ofrom the towel keeping it attached to a peice of paper and planted them in a pot of soil - rich sandy well drained soil. It is only the rain that we have had that has browned them off a bit and I haven't checked them recently but I think at least one will die, we will see.

Still you did a great job and tehy are on the way - so all roads lead to Rome.

Dworx

Yeah, I'm a newb so I go way overboard sometimes. :lol:

Yeah, I'm a newb so I go way overboard sometimes. :lol:

It certainly isn't hurting! I'll give this perlite and river sand a go and some much better soil than the current rubbish. How long do you guess they're getting light for per day? I think I might be blasting mean with (my only option) 3 hours of direct morning sunlight then the rest of the day pretty dim... :scratchhead:

i germinate mine a lil different.. just throw a heap of seeds into a hot water of glass and throw them into the cupboard overnight... i leave em there for like a week.. by then you can actually see the roots growing out of it lol.

i have got 8 out of 8.. gona bonsai 2 of them he he

i germinate mine a lil different.. just throw a heap of seeds into a hot water of glass and throw them into the cupboard overnight... i leave em there for like a week.. by then you can actually see the roots growing out of it lol.

I've been doing the hot water soak with Acacia varieties. I read about repeated soakings so I've been boiling the kettle twice or so per day for a week for some slow seeds. Any benefit to this or just heat it once and leave it be?