The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

WA trades

hey guys i was un aware of the import restrictions in wa untill some one pm'ed me so im starting this new topic for all my peeps in wa

i would also like to know what kind of ristrictions are in wa

thanks guys

WA restrictions are a bloody joke mate, they are absolute wankers about anything and everything even if already in Australia. I have my plants sent from over east in sterile peat moss and the sender has a note stating clean/sterile peat moss, usually WA AQIS will let it through but you still run the risk.

If you stick around mate and get to know some WA locals on this site I am sure they will be more than willing to help you out! :) There is some VERY generous people on this site, very!

I found an ebay seller willing to ship me some san pedro cuttings. SAB and pretty much everyone else wont even send me seeds :(

I do have a few links around though for sites servicing WA.

cool thanks

if any one has some seeds or plants they wanna sell or trade here just tell me what you got

trades would be beter though because i got no cash atm :BANGHEAD2:

thats a great idea

any one know of a good time date and place

im a total noob lol

why doesnt someone organize a meet up/ trade day???

bloody oath mate, I remember posting something about that not long ago. Someone told me that they already do have some sort of "meet up" happening in Perth. Would be great to organise a meet/trade/bbq day down at a local beach or park somewhere around Perth so it's not too far for everyone to travel. Or we can just get shitfaced at my joint, have a bbq and do some trading! :lol:

definitely needs to be looked into for sure! Even a camping trip around Autumn time would be great too! Go for a mission down south to the sacred forests! :P

that sounds great

I'm keen on all the WA meet stuff, will definitely be at the next one... anytime and anyplace. Not really anything to trade because I just moved back here and am nursing a few little things into life, but I am mainly interested in the social aspect at this point in my life anyway.

why doesnt someone organize a meet up/ trade day???

I'd be keen for this meet. It would probably make it easier if it was close to the city because that makes it easier for everyone although I'm willing to drive.

In regards with quarantine rules, they are fucked. I have had to get a contact from another forum over east to order some things for me. Once they recuperate a little and grown then I will get him to send me cuttings in rock wool. I am hoping it works out okay cos I couldn't find anyone on this forum in Perth who has B. Caapi and P. Viridis. I'd be willing to help others out if my plan works out. It also gives me a back up plan in case I have any disasters. This is what I do with my mycology work. Buddy system for the win!

i proposed the middle to end of feb in another thread for no other reason than a bi yearly perth meet event seemed the demand for perth-ites at this point of time, i might be wrong but i felt the end of winter and end of summer nice times to do so.

once the silly season and school hols for the parents is over mid feb or so sounds good for me, i have no probs setting a meet up but would rather leave it to B_T or poss gill mentioned he might do it if B_T doesnt.......how does this sound as a rough draft?

not to bad

just need somewere every one can get to i dont have a car either so mabye close to a train station would be good

any noe else got any good ideas for were and when

not to bad

just need somewere every one can get to i dont have a car either so mabye close to a train station would be good

any noe else got any good ideas for were and when

Well, what about South Perth foreshore or Kings Park or something? If you look at Google Maps then you can easily see where parks and other places are in relation to public transport routes etc.

yea im fine with that what about every one else

and i think after summer would probly be the go unless any ones knows a better time

yea im fine with that what about every one else

and i think after summer would probly be the go unless any ones knows a better time

Summer isn't too bad. Just do it later in the arvo when it starts to cool down etc. We could always walk to a pub/bar.

mabye you guys could but i cant walk into a pub till next year

double post :scratchhead: oops

Edited by eatfoo

Any good sites for cacti seeds?

(a site that will ship to WA!!)

dont ya have to be over 18 to be on this forum? ozjwerta :P a nice shady secluded spot should be the go. hey santiago its all yours to set up :P i cant be farked these days :wink: just not up your way :P south perth or shelley forshore sounds good. there was a WA cactus club meeting/picnic at riverton forshore yesterday. wat about januray the 10th? if i set it up its gonna be down the road from me :P

haha nice work t_b i was unaware that you had to be 18 can you show me were it sais that

dont ya have to be over 18 to be on this forum? ozjwerta :P a nice shady secluded spot should be the go. hey santiago its all yours to set up :P i cant be farked these days :wink: just not up your way :P south perth or shelley forshore sounds good. there was a WA cactus club meeting/picnic at riverton forshore yesterday. wat about januray the 10th? if i set it up its gonna be down the road from me :P

South Perth yo! That way it makes it easier for people who are coming from other directions. All roads lead to Rome.

• Like 2

Jan 10 South perth all good for me.

Jan 10 South perth all good for me.

So is this official now or not?

So is this official now or not?

god dam it i have know idea as im only a noob hoping that it will happen if someone could please step up to the challenge of organising this it would really be great and if its that difficult ican always help or t can just be next year

but what eva that date seems fine for me