The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

This Community

Hey guuuuyyys! Was thinking about this Forum to myself last night and it just occurred to me that I can't talk to anyone I know in person, family or friends about things to do with plants, ethnobotany, pharmacology, mycology etc. I get all excited when I'm studying something new and love to talk all about it and everything I've learnt, my plans or future projects n all that! They just stare at me with a blank face, even my missus. It just goes PHHHWWOOOOOOM! Straight over their heads everytime haha.. it's kinda frustrating though because you can tell they really dont give a toss.

So I just thought I'd start a topic saying that I f**king love this forum! :lol: haha, everybody is on the same wave length and learning from the more experienced members. People on here are so generous and kind hearted, I've never been on a forum where people go out of their way to PM you just to offer you something for free that they didn't have at the time.. It's amazing! The best part is you can talk as much jibber jabber as you like about plants or anything.. and people understand what your on about and are actually INTERESTED! lol.

I look forward to MANY wonderful and exciting years to come on this forum, I think we need to organise some sort of piss up/bbq day down a local beach somewhere for each state, trade some plants etc. Meet the locals in person, good times! :P

PEACE ALL!

LikeAshes

• Like 1

I understand where you are coming from when you say most people don't give a shit, that's typical for many things though isn't it. I'm not interested in quantity surveying and I wouldn't give a toss if someone tried to enlighten me on the nuances of surveying a mountain of coal.

But most villages in times gone by only needed one shaman who knew about plants and mystical things so I suppose not much has really changed. When you look at the membership numbers of this forum and compare it to the national population there would most likely be less than 1 shaman per town.

I think a lot of people have really lost touch with the earth and really don't give it credit for giving us life. I like to call people that live in high rise apartments "Extra terrestrials" as many of them are separated from the earth , they live in synthetic environments and have no real appreciation for any of the earths gifts.

As for getting together, many areas already have meetings so if you look in News & Notices you might find one near you.

Welcome to the forum man.

Yeah most definitely, I generally call the typical member of society a "sheep" as they all flock to the same place if something attracts their attention, they all hype and rave about the same thing. But that makes total sense when you say that there is probably on average, 1 shaman per main suburb around Australia. Showing the lack of intelligence within society and that nobody cares to go "outside the square" that we all live in.

I feel a massive sense of pride when I realise these things, knowing that I will and have discovered alot more than most people I know and am willing to open my mind and go outside the square. The day I'm on my death bed I will be able to look back and appreciate everything I've done and learnt in my life and not live the same boring life that unfortunetly alot of people are going to live.. due to the fact that they just don't care what's "outside the square" so to speak. They rely on doctors to fix their mental or health issues, rather than seeking and discovering remedies for themself.

When I was researching on aids for Anxiety, Stress etc. I came across a bunch of things but the one that stood out the most was 5-HTP, which has been a MAJOR contributor to helping myself get over or adjust to things in life. The lady at the health food store couldn't believe what she was hearing and said to me "I've never met anyone in my history of working here that is around your age, male and has done his own research into how to assist in dealing with lifes problems". I told her that the doctor was just writing me scripts for Valium.. Which is disgusting!

Anyways.. thanks for the heads up magicdirt on where I may be able to find any local meetings that are planned.

Cheers. :)

I think a lot of people have really lost touch with the earth and really don't give it credit for giving us life. I like to call people that live in high rise apartments "Extra terrestrials" as many of them are separated from the earth , they live in synthetic environments and have no real appreciation for any of the earths gifts.

I look at people as prisoners - they are defined by where they live - those artificial enviro's are nought but prisons for the masses used to control where the people will be, the roads trains and buses define where they can travel to, told what we should put in our bodies, we are not free but prisoner, and i get the overwhelming feeling that something big will happen soon - but that may be in years if put into perspective. It may be that I read too much about bilderberg group etc and their plans for mass population reduction via wars viruses etc reduce pop by 80%, globalisation, but beyond that

I hope we are still on the same wavelength

Welcome to the forums, enjoy

I hope we are still on the same wavelength

Oh we're definitely still on the same wave length dworx! :)

Hello LikeAshesWeFade! wow long name lol. Welcome!

A very special place indeed, I have received plants I thought id never find in my lifetime from members here. I tried to express my love for this place once, but after a bottle of scotch it just came out all retarded.

I see your in the south west WA, not Perth? Nice weather today aye...

dworx that was a heavy read at 7: 00am thanks, ive been giving the NWO a rest for a bit but agree there's a wake up shake up call a coming.

Edited by blowng

I look at people as prisoners

What's more, many people want to be prisoners and actively avoid any freedom you can offer them, afraid (perhaps) of actually being responsible for their own lives. :BANGHEAD2:

(FFS Yeti, lighten up! :lol: )

Anyway, welcome. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.

Welcome, LikeAshesWeFade :)

I look at people as prisoners - they are defined by where they live - those artificial enviro's are nought but prisons for the masses used to control where the people will be, the roads trains and buses define where they can travel to, told what we should put in our bodies, we are not free but prisoner, and i get the overwhelming feeling that something big will happen soon - but that may be in years if put into perspective. It may be that I read too much about bilderberg group etc and their plans for mass population reduction via wars viruses etc reduce pop by 80%, globalisation, but beyond that

Agreed in general. But it must really suck for those who don't feel like they have a choice. Every early weekend morning (on the wrong side of dawn after Lucy has come to visit) I love to just sit outside on the verandah and connect myself with my piece of land. I watch my neighbour currawongs, magpies, lorikeets, doves etc all looking for some brekkie, and at this time of year they often bring the babies out to teach. I've got possums which I see scuttling across the fence too. That time of morning is just breathtakingly peaceful, even in the burbs before the neighbourhood wakes and the mist still hangs heavy on the air. I never see how my yard actually looks, but how it looks in my mind's eye. Overgrown grass actually feels a lot nicer and more natural than a perfectly manicured lawn.

A very special place indeed, I have received plants I thought id never find in my lifetime from members here. I tried to express my love for this place once, but after a bottle of scotch it just came out all retarded.

dworx that was a heavy read at 7: 00am thanks, ive been giving the NWO a rest for a bit but agree there's a wake up shake up call a coming.

Haha I could imagine a bottle of scotch would get the love flowing a bit, your just unable to type it how you want to say it lol. Yeah I live roughly 40mins south of perth, you a northy or a southy? :) This weather has certainly been dry and hot the last few days! Find myself with a misting bottle attached to me all bloody day long! haha

Anyways thanks everyone for the warm welcoming! I've been getting eye strain for days now, just diving deep into The Corroboree forum history and racking my brain with as much info as it can take! :lol:

Thanks again guys!

Haha I could imagine a bottle of scotch would get the love flowing a bit, your just unable to type it how you want to say it lol. Yeah I live roughly 40mins south of perth, you a northy or a southy? :) This weather has certainly been dry and hot the last few days! Find myself with a misting bottle attached to me all bloody day long! haha

Anyways thanks everyone for the warm welcoming! I've been getting eye strain for days now, just diving deep into The Corroboree forum history and racking my brain with as much info as it can take! :lol:

Thanks again guys!

Hi Ashes! :wink: I like this type of personal introduction so i thought i should leave a small note. Welcome around...You are in good company! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius