The Corroboree
mint

which datura spp. is the best

hi i was wondering on which datura to add to my garden, and wanted to hear some feedback on people with expieriance in growing daturas? which of the two is beter.

There are more than 2 species of datura and it all depends on what type of garden you have and what look/effect you are setting for your garden.

Or do you mean which is better out of datura and brugmansia?

brugmansia is by far a nicer plant than datura, imo.

but when it comes to daturas, you cant get any better than datura metel. georgeous. gotta love that purple flower.

and for brugmansias, id say sanguinea,

Cheers, Obtuse.

Hi mint,google, Datura metal "Purple Queen"and if you Pm your addy ill send you some seeds fo free.Theyre real easy to grow and rewarding.

I agree with blowng, he sent me some seeds a while ago and every single one that i planted sprouted. They are still growing and my largest is maybe 3 inches tall but im heaps keen to see it flower, they are truely beautiful plants, a deep shade of purple :)

Brunfelsia, Brugmansia and Solandra are all better than Datura for psychoactive use in my opinion.

Brugmansia may very well be a highly selected form of Datura, making it more fit for human consumption due to selective breeding.

Growing Strammonium is rewarding as it is what grows wild around here.

The vanilla lemon scent of the flower opening at dusk

is as psychoactive as i'd ever want to get with these guys.

Teotz>>>>

Brunfelsia, Brugmansia and Solandra are all better than Datura for psychoactive use in my opinion.

explain, why is that, what's up with the one-liners? What's Brunfelsia and Solandra differences in your opinon and how have you used it?

this having being said, Solandra is a killer plant for the looks, I had one but I killed it!

Brugmansia may very well be a highly selected form of Datura, making it more fit for human consumption due to selective breeding.

huh? what makes you say that?

OP>>

From the two main species [of Datura] growing wild, I think inoxia is preferable, as in rich soil and taken care of, the flowers become HUGE, more than Brugmansia [!?!?] and the plant is sweet too. Really , a pretty ornamental, even though its of a weedy habit.

There are stramoniums with not-white flower and there are many many hybrids with funky colors, most notably D. metel hybrids, double/triple flowers and such. The most impressive for the eyes I have seen and grown are D.metel , with double/triple purple flowers but many impressive varieties exist.

If you're talking psychoactivity

I have only smoked D. stramonium leaf, two species of Hyoscyamus leafs and Atropa beladona leaf. I would say they are similar but each one had its own traits, Hyoscyamus being the most sedative and pleasant to smoke and Beladonna the most stimulant and with more sideeffects

Welcome to the strange world of tropanes where even a smell can be psychoactive!

B.sanguinea would probably be good for your environment.

Mine has been growing happily outside in Tasmania for over 2 years now. It dies back and looses most of it's leaf over winter, but it doesn't take long to come back to life once things warm up.