The Corroboree
Magicdirt

People who change the world

My mother ended up in intensive care, and is still in hospital now, about a month after I stared at a photo of her on my wall and genuinely thought "she looks sick..." - did I make that happen? Was something else telling me it was going to happen? Was it just random coincidence? Who knows, and I feel because you're never likely to know for sure you need focus your energy on other things, and like I said, just go for the ride...

Around three weeks before my Dad died, I had a really strange feeling about him, and then welled up during one of the final scenes of Big Fish. Now what's weird about this is that I had already seen the film before (without crying anywhere near as much), and I had no idea that my Dad's illness was life-threatening. So I dunno, maybe it was because my Mum was with me, but I somehow knew it was probable that my Dad would die soon.

Around three weeks before my Dad died, I had a really strange feeling about him, and then welled up during one of the final scenes of Big Fish. Now what's weird about this is that I had already seen the film before (without crying anywhere near as much), and I had no idea that my Dad's illness was life-threatening. So I dunno, maybe it was because my Mum was with me, but I somehow knew it was probable that my Dad would die soon.

Interesting time that you submitted your last post.

You may take-to this excerpt from Marcus Anthony's paper (2008) 'The Case for integrated intelligence', World Futures, (Routledge) 64: 4, 233 — 253

One morning almost ten years ago I awoke at about 7:00 a.m., and there was a

song playing in my head. I dare say the vast majority of people would simply have

ignored such a minor irritation. However, I did not. After several years of having

examined the finer “tunings” of my own mind, I had come to realize that songs do

not just randomly appear in my mind. I had been told several years before by an

Aboriginal shaman woman to listen to the songs in my head, because I was being

“told things” via the songs. At that time I quite literally laughed at her. Nonetheless,

I overcame my own scepticism long enough to begin to take note of songs and song

lyrics that suddenly came into my head. I began writing them down. What began

as a kind of quaint hobby later became a rather more involved activity. Soon, I

was being woken in the middle of the night by song lyrics being drummed into my

skull, sometimes so loudly that I would jump out of bed to turn off the CD player,

only to find that it was turned off. Several times I was “serenaded” by beautiful

angelic voices in languages that I had never heard, via songs that I had never heard

of, much less understood.

So when I awoke that morning I was particularly alarmed to note that the song

that was playing in my head was the theme from the TV series M.A.S.H.

"Suicide is painless, it brings on many changes

And I can take or leave it if I please". (Suicide is Painless, 1970)

A mild panic came over me, thinking that someone was going to kill themselves.

I got out of bed and began pacing the room. Who could it be? There was only one

person I could think of. One of my sisters had suffered a mental breakdown, and

her behavior was becoming increasingly bizarre. It had to be her. I began to think

of what I could do to stop her. At that time my sister and I were both staying briefly

at my mother’s place, so there was obviously something I could do.

As it turned out, my interpretation was hopelessly wrong (my sister is still alive

today). At about 9:00 a.m. there was a knock on the front door. I went to the door,

and opened it. A feeling of dread filled me. Standing at the bottom of the doorstep

were two ashen-faced policemen in full uniform. They duly informed my mother

and I that my younger brother Jerome was dead. He had hung himself from a tree

in bush land less than a kilometer from my mother’s house, in the early hours of

the morning during a fierce storm.

It has been countless experiences like this that have been the basis for my development

of the theory of integrated intelligence. To be sure, most were not nearly

as traumatic or life-changing, but many have been even more definitive in their

validity of information or implications. I have also met various other individuals

who embody integrated intelligence, and who have profoundly influenced my

understanding of this innate human intelligence. I believe integrated intelligence

is a veridical human operating system. So why do we find it absent from mainstream

intelligence theory? Before addressing this issue, I shall define integrated

intelligence and outline some key components of it in more detail.

Interesting time that you submitted your last post.

Awesome. :)

You may take-to this excerpt from Marcus Anthony's paper (2008) 'The Case for integrated intelligence', World Futures, (Routledge) 64: 4, 233 — 253

Even though I already knew that I wasn't the only one, this was still an interesting read. Thanks man. :wink:

I believe integrated intelligence is a veridical human operating system. So why do we find it absent from mainstream intelligence theory?

Because TPTB are afraid of people using their intuitions to their maximum potentials?

I think we are in control of a small fraction of an otherwise uncontollable ride... Our mortal lives are just the tip of the iceberg and the bulk that is lying below the surface is the part we can't control - that doesn't mean there is an afterlife, just something "more" that very few of us are lucky enough to understand

While we're here we have choices, choices which have outcomes that we've influenced through concious thought, but additionally there are those times when events just "happen" - where there is seemingly no rational explanation...

The most recent example if you saw the NZ mine explosion in the news was that one of the people unfortunately killed was a 17 yr old kid, on his very first day (which he begged to start a day early) of a job he's wanted to do his whole life.... now that is unlucky!

However, these things happen - some good people die early, some bad ones live healthily for years

I think in the greater scheme of things there is no "good" or "bad" there just are events, with no moral predisposition. The strange events that our human minds say aren't "right" just occur without guidance from any higher being, they just happen and then we interpret them in any way we seem fit...

As for the uncontrolable "more" to life part, I will be happy to admit that my tiny brain as yet does not have a chance of coming to grips with that kind of issue, except acknowledge the fact that there is a "more" and go on living and influencing my life in the areas that I can, and go along with the ride for the rest...

My mother ended up in intensive care, and is still in hospital now, about a month after I stared at a photo of her on my wall and genuinely thought "she looks sick..." - did I make that happen? Was something else telling me it was going to happen? Was it just random coincidence? Who knows, and I feel because you're never likely to know for sure you need focus your energy on other things, and like I said, just go for the ride...

PS it is my hope and dream that many plants know the answers to these queations and that given the right "conversation" with them, some of these things will become clearer..... yet still never fully understood...

thanks for taking the time to write that post dude. :) i like your thoughts..

!

Edited by Magicdirt

i dunno MD but i think it's a great question (the last one). TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION, whatever is going on here on this planet and in this universe is very twisted :D

thanks for taking the time to write that post dude. :) i like your thoughts..

Cheers man - but like you said they're just thoughts... All have equal value (which is pretty much nothing! ha ha) and it's only when we start thinking our thoughts/theories are more correct than somebody else's that we get ourselves into trouble!

Cheers man - but like you said they're just thoughts... All have equal value (which is pretty much nothing! ha ha) and it's only when we start thinking our thoughts/theories are more correct than somebody else's that we get ourselves into trouble!

yer couldnt have said it better mate. we can only speculate hey.. and learn.

Also there's those people who've died and been revived (such as myself), are they on borrowed time ?

BTW I believe we can & do all learn from each and life is an amazing and wonderful journey.

I would love to know if you experienced anything at all when you were dead? Did you have a near death experience. I am fascinated in what is beyond this life and I truly believe we are all inter connected in some way and everybody has a purpose whether you understand it or not. Your soul will decide what experience it needs from your time on earth and it may not be what you would think. Why would anybody want to be born only to die a horrible and early death like those in third world countries? But I believe that the soul takes something from every experience, the good the bad and the ugly. Some souls come into this life to ensure another soul gets the experience that it needs. My wife has a terminal disease and I am her full time care giver. My wife hates the term "terminal" because it implies she is going to die and the rest of us are not. We are all terminal and once that is excepted I think one is then able to get more out of life. I know in my heart that my soul is meant to care for her soul and that is one of the things my soul needs to do so that when it returns home I can become more whole and closer to god. It's strange because I get real pleasure when I am helping her. I feel so lucky and privileged to be her carer because she is truly a beautiful women in every way. I have had people say to me that I should put her in care and move on with my life. She is my life.

This is one hell of a strange world we live in. The things people do to people and to themselves sometimes makes me sad. I stumbled on a video of this guy in Europe who had climbed upon one of those massive eagle statues that sit on poles about 50 feet in the air (maybe Germany). He pored a bottle of petrol over his head and lit it. He sat on that pole for a good 2 minutes with a strong wind in his face fanning the flames out about 10 feet behind him. His back was dropping off him in chunks. He finally jumped to his death. You scratch your head and think why in the hell would anybody do that to themselves. But then I thought on it a bit more and thought how do we know that when he hit the ground and passed from his human form into his spirit form he wasn't punching the air and screaming "whooohooo, that was awesome" Maybe that was just what his soul was looking for. I fear not death but how I am going to die. I believe that the transition is seamless and in a funny little way I am looking forward to it just so I can say to my old man, "see...I told you so"

Famous people or those who have left considerable impressions on the rest of the world have I believe one thing in common. They all have no fear of failure. Believe something or in yourself strong enough and I believe anything is possible. There is a fair bit of truth in the book "The Secret" but it takes an extremely focused person to really make it happen. I know I focus too much on the negatives but struggled to push them out of my mind, hence I am not living up to my true potential but I am trying.

Anyway, they are my views and thanks for putting the subject up there. It's been interesting reading.

Edit: bloody spelling

Hutch :wink:

Edited by hutch
  • Like 1

wow hutch. those are some beautiful sentiments from a person who must have a close relationship with the imminence of death.

wow hutch. those are some beautiful sentiments from a person who must have a close relationship with the imminence of death.

Thanks thunder....but this is what I think of death :wave-finger: bring it on..I ain't scared....just don't fucking hurt me...I'm allergic to pain :P

I was thinking more on this subject today and wondered if the truly evil people of this world like Hitler made conscious decisions to come to earth and practice their art? That fucker sure left the world a much different place than it was before he came. Or could a soul come to the earth on a mission from god, just like the blues bros and be born only to have free will and change that mission? I mean the man was a looney....funny but, I think I saw him on an ad not long back, screaming and waving his fist around....maybe he survived Berlin! :P

assange, cortez, nostradamus, wright brothers, einstein, elvis, kesha.

Christopher Columbus

William Shakespeare

Charles Darwin

Karl Marx

Mahatma Gandhi

Albert Einstein

Nelson Mandela

Martin Luther King

Bill Gates

Jesus Christ

Thomas Jefferson

Lord Buddha

Winston Churchill

Abraham Lincoln

Mary Mackillop

Does anyone think certain people have been sent to earth to serve a purpose, or do you think they may have volunteered to come ?

I think about this all the time when I reminisce about musicians/artists from years past that have come into the world and then died young, but after doing what they have been sent to to do.

A few names come to mind when I think about it now in my inebriated state.

Buddy holly, Elvis, Bob Marley, Freddy Mercury, Jim Morrison and John Lennon just to name a few.

They come into the world and change it and peoples mindsets with their chosen art form and then disappear into the ether leaving the world different to how it was before they came.

Then when I think about people like Nelson Mandela and Gandhi, I'd have to say it's not just artists.

imo it's simply the right minds in the right contexts , many if not most born from fucking anger and disgust through social situations and circumstance, no one was/is sent, what biology gets spat out in reality is simply thrust into reactivity of our environments and they react accordingly.

imo it's simply the right minds in the right contexts , many if not most born from fucking anger and disgust through social situations and circumstance, no one was/is sent, what biology gets spat out in reality is simply thrust into reactivity of our environments and they react accordingly.

now that is it. very nice gerbil.

!

Edited by Magicdirt

That's the way I always thought but a few near death experiences gave me the feeling there could be something more than just biology.

I've heard the near death "God" experience can be triggered by stimulating certain areas of the brain and that does seem to be proof that it is a construct of the human mind particularly in times of crisis or stress.

Maybe that area of the brain can also be stimulated by outside influences or was responsible for psychic communication at some stage of human development, but we've just forgotten how to use it because we now have the ability to speak.

I never saw God or dead relatives or anything like that but I did see myself from outside my body when the ambos were working on me and they later told me I was clinically dead for a while. It could have been an hallucination but I was not given any pain meds, so I really don't know.

I've heard many scientific explanations that seem quite logical about OOBE's but they never seem to come from people who've had them themselves, they tend to come from the type of people that isolate everything and take it out of context ie scientists.

I still don't believe in the God figure that is flogged is most organised religion but I do believe there is something more.

Tell me just one more thing if you don't mind. Was there a sensation felt when you went from being an observer then back in your body? The vast majority of people who have had an NDE report that experience as being more real than the life experience itself. "More alert and conscious than normal" is the term they use to describe it. It would be like trying to explain the sensation of sucking on a sour lemon to somebody who has never tried anything sour.

This is one of those NDE's that are extraordinary....

http://www.near-deat...evidence01.html

Cheers

Hutch

!

Edited by Magicdirt

Thanks Magicdirt, as I said before it fascinates me. Death just can't be the end...I just know ittongue.gif

That's the way I always thought but a few near death experiences gave me the feeling there could be something more than just biology.

I've heard the near death "God" experience can be triggered by stimulating certain areas of the brain and that does seem to be proof that it is a construct of the human mind particularly in times of crisis or stress.

Maybe that area of the brain can also be stimulated by outside influences or was responsible for psychic communication at some stage of human development, but we've just forgotten how to use it because we now have the ability to speak.

I never saw God or dead relatives or anything like that but I did see myself from outside my body when the ambos were working on me and they later told me I was clinically dead for a while. It could have been an hallucination but I was not given any pain meds, so I really don't know.

I've heard many scientific explanations that seem quite logical about OOBE's but they never seem to come from people who've had them themselves, they tend to come from the type of people that isolate everything and take it out of context ie scientists.

I still don't believe in the God figure that is flogged is most organised religion but I do believe there is something more.

There's definitely more to us than just our biology, specific biology will only allow specific reality to occur, like we know other mammals can echo locate, send out energy and sense the energy coming back, most humans if we couldn't 'prove' this apparent 'invisible' energy existed would just call bullshit, and on similar concepts i don't see 'spirits' 'energies' or whathaveyou in context any different from the former. Telepathy is reality and fully achievable, i think to think otherwise is incredibly naive.

It's intricate and we can't really blanket all without in depth analysis of each specific situation, the limits of human language, and even then we have to have the technology and basis facts first which a larger collective just wont agree on, we are our own individual stubborn thoughts after all, though your mention of 'god' experiences being triggered from activation of parts of the brain, i lump similarly back into the echo location thing, if we don't have receptors to intake the wide range of external stimuli, then we are simply blind to the fact that it exists.

I think the religions and their gods are generally all talking about the same thing, culturally contexted, similarly with scientists and spiritualists, speaking in different languages and often either side too stubborn to want to meet half way and realise it's the same thing we are talking about. Many science minds say psychedelic experiences are just receptors and chemistry going off, spritualists often take on the very naturalistic take it as it comes don't break it down to sterility and this is real experience, though if reality is nature and nature is us, i can't see how either are different, just 'cause we can explain receptors and how to induce specific states, doesn't seperate us from nature, reality and what we are. Science is too arrogant, neo-spritualists shit too many people with threatening 'hippy' ideals, compounded by lost idiots diluting rational communicators.

I am quite a believer in environmental influences and reactivity as living reality as if you raise someone in polar contexts you'd get different people, bob marley would not have been bob marley if he wasn't born into a shitstorm. I realise the counter, he could have been sent to that specific situation to become bob marley and forces kept another family from shipping him off to stable society as an infant, but IME i don't see nature as being thoughtful or friendly in that sense, i see us as reactive beings with conscious thought (which of course is influenced by everything), if the universe wanted to send something to help out societies in squalor then a more effective way would be to send the energy to create a parasite to crawl up a dictators arse and live life! lol

Interesting topic.

!

Edited by Magicdirt

Magicdirt - Amazing, man... Tell me, have you seen any spirits at all since you "died"?

Telepathy is reality and fully achievable, i think to think otherwise is incredibly naive.

It's kinda hard to deny once you've experienced it, eh. :wink:

!

Edited by Magicdirt