The Corroboree
punkin

Colonised Spawn Bags For Sale

Can i please have 2 Pleurotus Pulmonarius?! :D

If not any other strand of mushroom u r offering that can grow in summer would suit me mighty fine.

Can i please have 2 Pleurotus Pulmonarius?! :D

If not any other strand of mushroom u r offering that can grow in summer would suit me mighty fine.

PM sent.

wait P. Pulmonarius is pyschoactive yeah?

Well, if you're google is not broken you could google for that answer (although i suspect you know too well).

Failing that you could read the first post in the thread. :uzi:

PM sent :drool2:

Currently have plenty of stock of lots of varieties

Have multiples of these cultures ready to ship;

Maitake

Abalone Oyster

Hypzig

H. Americanus

Ferulae

Pulmonarius

Reishi

H. Ulmanarius

King Oyster

Pm for quantities available, make an offer if you want multiple bags. :innocent_n:

Just wanted to share pics of my first harvest (oyster/king oyster). Spawn obtained from pukin and expanded on straw/ paper for the oysters resp. paper kitty litter/bran for the kings. :rolleyes:

post-6036-0-96109500-1303953329_thumb.jp

post-6036-0-68203000-1303953377_thumb.jp

post-6036-0-96109500-1303953329_thumb.jpg

post-6036-0-68203000-1303953377_thumb.jpg

post-6036-0-96109500-1303953329_thumb.jpg

post-6036-0-68203000-1303953377_thumb.jpg

Nice job :)

Mine stalled after the first flush due to the sudden weather change,so I put the bucket back into a warm spot and they're off and racing!

post-300-0-09498900-1303968507_thumb.jpg

Had some for breakfast this morning,damn they're nice :)

Sooo what to spawn next as it's getting colder Punkin?

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

Edited by mescalito

They look tops guys. I'm fruiting kings and whites atm myself. First crop of kings since the Spring.... :worship: :worship: :worship:

I looove these things and will have the kings growing right through to next spring now, we get -3 to -8 and while my setup is undercover and not getting the heavy frost, it still seems to go well all winter.

What next?mmmm

I'd love someone with access to good sawdust/chips ect to try fruiting the Maitake, Shimeji and Shitake's i have and with the weather cooling it should be time to start a few of these. I'll be doing some on logs. I have a couple of jars colonising at the moment for an order from a commercial farm and there should be a couple bags available in the next few weeks.

I may put some Lions Mane down in jars over the next couple of weeks too if there's any interest. Other than that if you guys give me some lead time i can grow out what you want. :wink:

Edited by punkin

Hey punkin,

So you've put some Shiitake to grain? I've put some of your shiitake to grain, which firstly I didn't do very well, the grain that is. I prepared it poorly. So I opened the bottles of both ferulae and shittake grains and did a grain to grain transfer. I also did some grain to agar for the Ferulae because I'd contammed it badly. ANYWAY...the shiitake has gone aerial.

I don't think it's cobweb. I don't know why but I just don't think it is. It doesn't look like what normally festers in the fridge or compost bin.

Have you had shiitake do this?

Hey punkin,

So you've put some Shiitake to grain? I've put some of your shiitake to grain, which firstly I didn't do very well, the grain that is. I prepared it poorly. So I opened the bottles of both ferulae and shittake grains and did a grain to grain transfer. I also did some grain to agar for the Ferulae because I'd contammed it badly. ANYWAY...the shiitake has gone aerial.

I don't think it's cobweb. I don't know why but I just don't think it is. It doesn't look like what normally festers in the fridge or compost bin.

Have you had shiitake do this?

Not so i've noticed. it climbs up the bag and goes brown eventually, but stays in a thick cardboard type layer.

Lions mane is the aerial one, that stuff just fruits on agar :blush:

I can get heaps of wood shavings from a mate for free,he's a cabinet maker and works with hardwoods like cedar,oak,western red and no formaldehyde's or shit,just pure shavings,some eryngii actually took to it from a bag that broke in a colonisation tub...so should be no probs.I just put some in to soak up any spillage.

I riggied up a unit too,to "hopefully" turn them to sawdust,I'll try to post a pic tomoz....promise not to laugh,I reckon it'll work :rolleyes:

Man I've gotta get a bigger fruiting room,we're eating them faster than they grow :P

BTW the cheap arse bubble wrap held up with no signs of deterioration from the sun whatsoever!

Cheers

Hey just looking for an update of what you are offering at the moment?

As i said in the pm, i have plenty of pulmonarius, some H. americanum, hypzigius, and a couple of other single bags. Also a couple of a medicinal (no actives). :)

Hi punkin

i have been meaning to ask, I used to go out with my father as a kid & we collected large field mushrooms locally.

supermarket mass produced mushrooms have never tasted anywhere near as good as my childhood memories

Could you suggest a easy to grow earthy flavored strain ?

cheers mac

Edited by mac

Hi punkin

i have been meaning to ask, I used to go out with my father as a kid & we collected large field mushrooms locally.

supermarket mass produced mushrooms have never tasted anywhere near as good as my childhood memories

Could you suggest a easy to grow earthy flavored strain ?

cheers mac

The earthiest ones i've grown have been the Bricktops, although i think i may have lost my culture of them.

Other than that, Lions Mane have a strong taste to me and the Blue Oysters too are a little strong for my liking.

Others may be able to chip in here on stronger tasting ones, it's not really my thing. Personally,I like the meaty types, like white oysters, shitake and Kings.

Thanks m8, they may have been Agaricus campestri ? we used to collect

only tips the old man gave me was you could tell by smell :scratchhead:

I'm happy to grow out any legal, non active culture anyone wants to send me onto grain spawn, so if you can get a bit of what you want onto cardboard or agar, or if others have particular strains they want grown out just contact me.

I'm lucky enough to have the equipment including large pressure cookers and a flowbench to be able to take all the sterile work out of it for people.

On another note;

I'm doing some jars of King Oyster and White Oyster today, so to all those who have been after easy to grow, tasty shrooms for beginers... i'll have two of the very best ready to go in a few weeks, and will be keeping supplies of these two steady through the winter and into next spring. :worship:

I'm eating both atm, and i'm as happy as Larry about it B):innocent_n:

• Like 1

Yep sometimes it's hard to save some for anyone else :rolleyes::lol:

Innoculated a bunch of King Oyster bags yesterday, did a few shitakes as well as putting some other random stuff to jars.

Those who have been asking me about the best, easiest to grow and tastiest mushrooms can get back in contact as they'll be ready to send next week. :drool2:

Innoculated a bunch of King Oyster bags yesterday, did a few shitakes as well as putting some other random stuff to jars.

Those who have been asking me about the best, easiest to grow and tastiest mushrooms can get back in contact as they'll be ready to send next week. :drool2:

Hi Punkin,

What sort of shiitakes? The plate you sent me was great...75 I think?

post-3605-0-88705800-1305586052_thumb.jp

post-3605-0-18812000-1305586212_thumb.jp

post-3605-0-88705800-1305586052_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-18812000-1305586212_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-88705800-1305586052_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-18812000-1305586212_thumb.jpg

Hi Punkin,

What sort of shiitakes? The plate you sent me was great...75 I think?

post-3605-0-88705800-1305586052_thumb.jp

post-3605-0-18812000-1305586212_thumb.jp

Incredible! B):worship:

Tell me about the grow? Substrate ect.

I did some 75's and some of a qld supermarket clone that someone here sent me. Also did some blue oysters, one of the easiest and tastiest for those who like a slightly more earthy and delicate mushroom.

Agar to wheat, then wheat onto sawdust (I've been using ecologs-don't use redheads, they're full of shipping pallets and assorted waste timbers that may have been treated) supplemented with either wheat germ or rolled oats or black strap mollasses.

I pour boiled water onto the sawdust logs, then let them expand. Tip off excess water. Add oats (or other supps) at the rate of about 20% by weight of the dry sawdust. Add gypsum if you want/remember. Mix around, load into bags, PC for 2 hours, cool, add grain spawn, seal bags, put them somewhere they get dappled light and wait 'till they fruit in the bags. Cut bags open and allow them to get bigger.

Good info on the shiitake's, can't wait for my spawn bag to arrive now, should get some tasty morcels.

I will be away from thursday for a couple of weeks, so if i'm not contactable i'll return any messages as soon as i get back :innocent_n: