The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Just got an aborted fetus puppet by mail

Hi Guys, just went to the mailbox and had a plastic puppet of an aborted fetus in it. wtf? I believe it was sent from some nutjob anti abortion activists who were shipping this thing all across my area. The text says it looks like a fetus at the age where abortions are being made sometimes and that i should reconsider my decision. I say it again. wtf??? As i´d be the leader of some evil worldwide Pro Abortion Club or something like that. Imagine what happens when a mother who just lost her baby opens the letter and a fetus puppet comes falling out of it? I think this kind of shock marketing is some very bad taste. What do you think? Am i overreacting because i dont like finding dead babies in my mailbox? bye Eg

post-1140-128479247425_thumb.jpg

post-1140-128479249044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evil Genius

lol, if it were real it'd make some good fertilizer , but yeah seriously abortion is really nasty ...

well late ones especially...actually its kinda cute , maybe hang it off you rear vision mirror of the car ... :blush:

um.... warning do not look at attachment as very graphic ...and not lulz

post-4908-128479396345_thumb.jpg

1282553642370.jpg

1282553642370.jpg

Edited by blowng

Blowing, you may want to add a warning to that picture you have there.

Abortion is a very complicated issue.

Blowing, you may want to add a warning to that picture you have there.

Abortion is a very complicated issue.

agree , done.

It looks like something MATTEL would market as an accessory for Barbie. You are not over reacting Evil G, I am sure this would cause quite a stir. And the pic that Blowng posted, is that really how its done? There's gotta be a better way?

And the pic that Blowng posted, is that really how its done? There's gotta be a better way?

i really, really hope not......

Unfortunately at the latest stage Abortion is allowed (24 Weeks I believe) that is the method. Before that is usually done by a pill (first 6 weeks) and after that crushing the skull initially (16 weeks), beyond that it gets very nasty.

A friend in Slovenia was at a bush rave recently and some people put up graphic banners of post abortions photos in protest right behind the food stands. Pretty disgusting and way too extreme if you ask me, much like the little fetus doll you received.

Personally I don't agree with abortion once it's past the 12 week stage. I have no doubt beyond that the baby is capable of experiencing pain and the methods used are very brutal.

That said I would not disown anyone because they chose to go ahead with it, at most just talk about it and see if they really are sure it is needed. I know some people who were set on it, then afterwards became a complete emotional wreck for years. It's not something to be taken lightly, plus the stigma attached means there is very little support services following it.

My cousin was forced to have a fairly late abortion due to the baby being recognised as having down syndrome, in cases like that I just think of myself, what would I prefer a 20 minute death or a life of suffering. Many ways to view it and it can never be classed as a black and white issue

EG, if you know of a newspaper reporter that would have interest in it forward the package on with a note explaining the situation. On a slow news week a story about softcore domestic terrorist anti-abortion fanatics might make the paper.

Maybe i´ll do that, Auxin. Actually i dont care that much about abortions because i as a man cant judge about giving birth to a child. How could i as a man who doesnt know shit about giving birth tell a woman that she isnt allowed to break up the pregnancy of her own child. Personally, i wouldnt do it because i like kids most of the time but i totally understand that people arent ready for having children at all. Sure, there are other ways eg to give the child to foster parents and all that stuff but im not sure if i would want to go through the process birth if i were a girl. Especially since our planet is already overpopulated. But like i said, im not particularly for or against abortions. I just dont want the fetus in my goddam mailbox. :) bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Most people probably agree that abortion is not a good thing, the issue is (and what many anti-abortionists seem to dodge) is how do you manage the issue effectively, to minimize the overall number of abortions. Simply banning things just doesn't work. Prohibition never seems to work for any issue and only pushes it 'underground.

It's pro-life verses pro-choice. maybe even Religion vs Science.

Should a person ever have the right to end another innocent human's life? But would anti-abortionists prefer 'backyad' abortions? (it certainly does happen after all) Obviously a balanced and regulated approach is the best possible and most realistic approach.

I really don't like the in your face kinda stuff that goes around, it think it just dodges the real issue of how to minimise abortions. The idea of late term abortions certainly does seem immoral to me, I personally think they should outlaw that particular practice, but I'm more of a pro-choicer for the very early stages.

i really, really hope not......

Just imagine if it were illegal the diagrahm might include a coat hanger.

Regardless there is no clean way of killing anything.

while I don't think I would feel comfortable preforming abortions myself . . Abortions will happen regardless of the law, Might as well make them safe. In this case as in many the govt is well served to fuck off and let people (women) run their own lives.

Now if the Australia Govt could only remove the dead fetus pictures off my pack of cigarettes. ...........it's a bit much

• Like 2

Now if the Australia Govt could only remove the dead fetus pictures off my pack of cigarettes. ...........it's a bit much
Or at least balance it out by putting morbidly obese people on burgers and soda. Why oppress just the smokers when you can oppress other people who are also ramping up health care costs too? :P

• Like 1

As i´d be the leader of some evil worldwide Pro Abortion Club or something like that.

Well you ARE the "Evil Genius" after all.... :lol:

But in all honesty it is bloody disgusting.....reminds me of just what extreme groups are capable of doing..have a look at this brainwashed youth in Australia....Actor?

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/column_the_freen_totalitarian_itch/

I'm all for saving things but at what cost the childs brain...the future frightens me...that child frientens me :o

Brutal or not I think abortions are one way we can help keep our population in check.

I think all abortions should be totally legal, tho I find them completely immoral and would never have on if I got pregnant.