The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Sun 19th Sept - A tribute gathering for Chemical Shaman (Denis Shaw)

A Tribute Picnic Gathering for Denis Shaw - AKA Chemical Shaman

We invite you all to come to the botanical gardens on Sunday the 19th Sept at the rotunda near Gate C – (Guilfoyle’s Volcano ) at the cactus garden to send CS a special tribute in his honour.

Sadly for us Dennis has moved on to the next stage of his evolution as he was found dead at a waterfall earlier this week.

Please bring a plant to swap/gift with each other as a sign of Denis’s friendship or something else special to honour this unique and special being, maybe some food to have with others or simply a good story to share in CS style.

This is an open call out to any one with whom he has had a special moment with even just over the WEB.

We do not wish it to affect any other plant meets but feel next week is the right date and this is open to all types - not just plant heads.

This will go ahead (regardless of the weather) unless his actual funeral is called on this day will we not be attending.

Where - Royal Botanic Gardens : Gate C (Guilfoyle’s Volcano ) http://www.rbg.vic.g...ide_19.5.09.pdf

When - Sunday 19th Sept from 12.30pm onwards

Who - all who wish to celebrate Denis for who he was are invited

Bring - only if you can - a plant to swap/gift with each other as a sign of Denis’s friendship. Also feel free to bring Beer/other and maybe some nice food to pass around.

Blessing

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

I have upload this as an Event on Face Book, so if you could please invite others that new Dennis even if you cannot personally make the tribute gathering.

Would want to come to this from Coffs Harbour. Options could be to either get a lift down, fly back; Vice veva or any workable combination

I will definitely be there. I have to be there. It hurts so much that I need to do whatever possible to get some closure.

Missing this is just not an option as i would regret it forever.

It feels like nothing will heal the profound loss I am feeling right now and the overwhelming sadness. I cry and I cry and I cry, but it just doesn't get any better :(

A few Sydney folks are planning on coming down too, details TBC.

Internet hugs for you, T.

Its because you have the heart of a freight train T. If you can't find flights and feel too grief stricken to drive I'm happy to!

Edited by Tripitaka

double post

Edited by Tripitaka

We can head to the pub after the meet, or i know some bars CS was in too.

I will bring tables for food and a big ice box for beer.

If it rains i will bring a gazebo

dose anyone wish to come up with a more formal ceremony?? ideas???

I didn't know Denis but am floored by how an incredible person he seems to have been.

I hope you all find peace after this horrible loss.

Would still appreciate a lift from Coffs Harbour or nearby to Melbourne for the weekend of the 19th (this weekend), and back early in the week or arrangements around that premise for a memorial service to celebrate the life of Denis. Please?

Will be there..

dose anyone wish to come up with a more formal ceremony?? ideas???

i know some bars CS was in to.

:wink:

CS was a social terrorist – anything goes in the BG this plant meet - lets have some fun :devil:

He would also want you to bring your mothers along! :devil:

Cant get a lift to this by any means, so...

Damn I want to put my funny as hell totally inappropriate story in here, I thought of it only this morning and is one of my favourite memories, but dont know, hmmm

Say what you need to Tripitaka, CS was inappropriate all the time and we loved him for it.

HEhe. Ok ok.

One cool fine day travelling to Bellingen for a swim, Denis in the back of the van, me driving doing 100plus on the back roads. Denis thinks its a good time to do IM K and IM DMT RIGHT FUCKING THEN ! We thought he was joking until he pulled out the fits rolled up his pant legs and in to the space he went.

I deliberately slowed down so his spirit could keep up with the car, which was my biggest concern at the time. Not the fact what he was doing or what was in the car. I did have to slow down for said procudure and avoid potholes for a while. hard if you know the road. He made it back with a gregarious grin on his face, told us some pertinent information and we spent the rest of the day swimming in the Bellinger doing much the same and rolling around on top of one another.

We love him

CS was a social terrorist – anything goes in the BG this plant meet - lets have some fun devil.gif

Just a suggestion, If we dig a hole,(discreetly in the botanical gardens) people could add mementos , things like, trinkets, gemstones, poems, pictures and such for Chemical Shamans journey?

HEhe. Ok ok.

One cool fine day travelling to Bellingen for a swim, Denis in the back of the van, me driving doing 100plus on the back roads. Denis thinks its a good time to do IM K and IM DMT RIGHT FUCKING THEN ! We thought he was joking until he pulled out the fits rolled up his pant legs and in to the space he went.

I deliberately slowed down so his spirit could keep up with the car, which was my biggest concern at the time. Not the fact what he was doing or what was in the car. I did have to slow down for said procudure and avoid potholes for a while. hard if you know the road. He made it back with a gregarious grin on his face, told us some pertinent information and we spent the rest of the day swimming in the Bellinger doing much the same and rolling around on top of one another.

We love him

What are you talking about?

I don't think that could be any more appropriate :lol:

We need Cereal. I am Serial about this. I have elves. We need Surreal. Please sometime tell me they have Cereal?

Julian.

There are many SAB members who can't make it to the tribute or the funeral and it would be nice if we could do something for them so they can be part of the remembrance. I was thinking that a collaborative message could be printed in forum format and pasted into the tribute book. This book will be presented to his family so we may need to take their limits into account which is a pity, but the way Denis always dealt with that disparity. If someone thinks this is a good idea then please write something and maybe discuss it in a separate thread. I won't participate in this as I will be writing my own tribute, but I will gladly print it and take it with me to paste and wil sign it on behalf of the group. It has to be finished by saturday mornign though as I am leaving on saturday afternoon and won't have editing options after that.

We will be putting together a tribute book to present to CS parents, anyone going on Sunday would be encouraged to write a tribute message, if you wish to have something included but can not make the Tribute Picnic Gathering post it to Entheogenesis Australis PO Box 118 Mitcham Vic 3132

or PM me the Content

and i will see it get in to the memorial tribute book.

Much Love to the tribe

To All, take care; stay safe

Let it all hang out

love-wallpaper.jpg

for me this music represents loss and the beauty of life

i think of CS when i listen to it lately Edited by VelvetSiren

please send any further tributes for the book to ronny as I am now leaving.

if you have a pic of yourself with denis this would make a nice addition to the book [with a comment]. easy to do in photoshop.

Ill be at Gold Coast Bot Gardens tomorrow around 1pm spending a short time refelecting on and celebrating CS's passing in a way I think he would enjoy.

Anyone that wants to join me is welcome.

Good to see many people flying in for this, CS was amazing and lets celebrate that tomorrow.

His parents and family will drop by so lets try keep it all in our pants for the time they are around, i personally do not think that will be for two long.

I think many of us will be going out for drinks afterwards, so maybe pack for that.

if you have any messages for the book, feel free to send on :wink:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum