The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

Tumbleweed rolling around in my mind

Couple of home demo's I recorded last sunday. Still need to mature the lyrics, especially Closer, as they are currently improvised.

I do all the guitars, drum machine and singing.

Tumbleweed: http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27397

Closer: http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=27404

You've gotta be happy with that. Loved Tumbleweed. Great music. I would Love to be able to play the guitar. I wish i could be implanted ( like Matrix movie) with a programme so i could play. One day. Any way, Great tunes .I saved tumble weed to my music library. Jolly Good.

You got some amazing guitar skills there buddy! Digging the vocal style too

Nice work... and for improvised lyrics, those in "Closer" aren't bad at all.

Tumbleweed, IMO, is more mature, musically. I'd be really keen to hear more along this slant. Do you have a drummer who will eventually replace those quantized beats? That was the only thing that would stop me from calling this a really well put together tune.

Do you play out?

Thanks guys!

Nice work... and for improvised lyrics, those in "Closer" aren't bad at all.

Tumbleweed, IMO, is more mature, musically. I'd be really keen to hear more along this slant. Do you have a drummer who will eventually replace those quantized beats? That was the only thing that would stop me from calling this a really well put together tune.

Do you play out?

We usually play out once a fortnight. That's really why I made these demo's - so the drummer and bass player can easily learn the vibe of the song before rehearsal. Recording drums at home has always been difficult for me being a guitarist. I usually just set a basic programmed beat on the drum machine and then do a second track with some manual drum machine bits to make it sound more human. I'll have to try get into one of these programs like Ezi-Drummer. My vocals sound different live too as I can belt them out whereas I can't scream in my apartment! Cheers

Edited by botanika

I have a 3 piece band and that's really why I made these demo's - so the drummer and bass player can easily learn the vibe of the song before rehearsal. Recording drums at home has always been a hassle for me being a guitarist. I usually just set a basic programmed beat on the drum machine and then do a second track with some manual drum machine bits to make it sound more human. I'll have to try get into one of these programs like Ezi-Drummer. Cheers

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same sitch. Ezi-Drummer is good and I've used it a a bit, but I found Kitcore to be really good for just getting a reasonable sounding beat down quickly and it costs bugger all, like 70 bucks or something. Check it out.

<edit> link to free demo

http://www.drumcore.com/TemplateMain.aspx?contentId=145

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same sitch. Ezi-Drummer is good and I've used it a a bit, but I found Kitcore to be really good for just getting a reasonable sounding beat down quickly and it costs bugger all, like 70 bucks or something. Check it out.

<edit> link to free demo

http://www.drumcore.com/TemplateMain.aspx?contentId=145

Cool man, thanks for that, I'll check it out!

Ezi-Drummer is good and I've used it a a bit, but I found Kitcore to be really good for just getting a reasonable sounding beat down quickly and it costs bugger all,

When are you going to share your style with us Rabaelthazar?. You could all jam together... The Corroboree Band.( With a name like that , 'Spose folks would turn up expecting a full Aborigine band)

When are you going to share your style with us Rabaelthazar?. You could all jam together... The Corroboree Band.( With a name like that , 'Spose folks would turn up expecting a full Aborigine band)

I'm all for it - I've done some collabs on here before that turned out well. I'll try start a collab thread.