The Corroboree

What's your idea of paradise/heaven on earth?

Do you believe it is or ever will be attainable?

What would need to occur for your idea to manifest?

Anyone wanna discuss paradise?

Human Non-existence..

What's your idea of paradise/heaven on earth?

Anyone wanna discuss paradise?

an endless, harmonious wilderness... i'd like to think humans could be part of that too though.

an endless, harmonious wilderness... i'd like to think humans could be part of that too though.

Fair enough, i just would hope that 'we' wouldn't mess it up as much

Programmable robot strippers in every household, personal one-seater helicopters for every man, woman and child and machines that turn carbon-dioxide into breathable air so we can get rid of all them pesky trees.

Edited by Rabaelthazar

the closest thing to paradise seems to be the hit ov IV diacetylmorphine.

A warming wave ov pure pleasure radiating out from your tantien rushing through your body taking away all your pain mental & physical, replacing it w/a feeling ov pure bliss.

• Like 1

Human Non-existence..

Wouldn't it just be a matter of time before a primate evolves into one anyway i.e. repeating "human" history?

the closest thing to paradise seems to be the hit ov IV diacetylmorphine.

A warming wave ov pure pleasure radiating out from your tantien rushing through your body taking away all your pain mental & physical, replacing it w/a feeling ov pure bliss.

I'm sort of hoping for something not chemically dependant; an attainable mind-state that influences our actions in a way that helps proliferate paradise.

Programmable robot strippers in every household, personal one-seater helicopters for every man, woman and child and machines that turn carbon-dioxide into breathable air so we can get rid of all them pesky trees.

:worship: - I think you'd need to be a smooth talker to get everyone to buy into that!

Wouldn't it just be a matter of time before a primate evolves into one anyway i.e. repeating "human" history?

Well the period between the absence of humanity and the birth of a 'new humanity' it would be paradise... but i see your point.

Tis just my thoughs..

In some sort of human Apocalypse I think I would die happy knowing that everyone else is coming with me.

Don't get me wrong - :worship: - I appreciate you contributing your idea(s) very much.

Instead of eradication/termination of humans don't you think a mass make-over would be better, anihilate the old/now with a heap of "humans" toiling toward becoming some sort of ideal heap of "humans"?

It's this ideal heap of "humans" and the world they live in that I'm trying to imagine and get other peoples thoughts on.

I fantasize of a world where there are no roads or visible buildings. All structures are underground ...no more look at my building its bigger than yours BS. The forests regrow , the whole world being a giant botanical garden with animals ... I would have no problems with bike paths to allow self propelled bicycles for humans to be able to explore and visit their small clearings amongst the trees where they grow organic crops to feed their families . No more capitilism , no more competing, no more wars, no more plastic etc......... Whilst in Ecuador we were shown around the shamans' garden which was basically a rain forest of several hundred hectares which he shared with the local community , rotating small clearings planted with veges after harvest allowing reforestation to occur.

sounds spectacular :lol:

Maybe we could just ship those interested in building skyscrapers, mining for money and bettering their fellow man/woman off to the Mars where they can possibly gain a realisation of the magnificence that they are letting crumble through their fingers and into their pockets.

I think what im trying to say is that for me, my heaven is so far from the reality that we are exposed to daily. It makes me sad even imagining what it could be. Sorry for being a bit of a downer and being slightly off topic. :blink:

Waking up from the nightmare to live the lucid dream. Paradise is always present, it's the place you find when you finally stop looking for it.

Wherever you are, oh there you are :lol:

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

Instead of eradication/termination of humans don't you think a mass make-over would be better, anihilate the old/now with a heap of "humans" toiling toward becoming some sort of ideal heap of "humans"?

Didn't Hitler come up with that idea. biggrin.gif

Paradise for me would be .... All living beings co-existing, peacefully and happily.

• Like 1

After a little more thought, on a selfish level, paradise for me would be living in a tree house in the middle of the Daintree Rainforest with plenty of food and water. Pure bliss.

Edit: 'cause i cant spell

Edited by Amazonian

Any way , What's you idea of paradise No-one. After all you did start this topic.

I didn't mean to sound Hitler like, I beleive imposing tertiary education/permitting advertising/censoring information and shit like that is a bit like what Hitler wanted, grooming you to be the people they think you need/have to be etc. and in the process creating the world that we live in (which I think could be better but I don't know what a viable better is).

My idea of paradise is in limbo at the moment, it used to be to have a big toy box then it changed to wanting to have a big medicine cabinet now I'm sort of without one - I have a suspicion it would be a massive artists colony but I don't know if it would be viable.

I'm not big on the Australian dream, I puked that pill back up and am trying to work out if I need a pill at all; I guess I'm just trying to understand "want" a bit better and understand what people "want".

Waking up from the nightmare to live the lucid dream. Paradise is always present, it's the place you find when you finally stop looking for it.

have u read the [chinese] ten bulls?

t s t .

I didn't mean to sound Hitler like,

I know , I just saw a chance at a bit of humor, Thats all.

It's part of the Lords Prayer.

"Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

It's our task to bring it about.

For starters Capitalism and land ownership have to go.

I like your point but how "is it in heaven"?

I really like what Lennon speculated in Imagine but that vision seems to have not gathered any momentum over the years.

Using the vision presented by Lennon as a model does anyone want to suggest any flaws, impossibilities, possibilities, etc. in it - maybe we could arrive at some viable/doable vision of heaven or a stage there of - ?

Imagine - John Lennon

Imagine there's no Heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

One thing that sits uneasy with me is that I think people would get bored without conflict/drama.

what that dude said :)

One thing that sits uneasy with me is that I think people would get bored without conflict/drama.

Boredom is probably the worst of all reasons for having or creating conflict. With who, friends? lovers?

Areas of conflict do not become tourist hot spots.

Alligator wrestling hasn't become epidemic.

People generally don't think "Gee I'm bored, I need more conflict and drama in my life".

You'll have to elaborate.

Edited by Mycot

I'm talking about people not having shit to gossip about, take the moral high ground on, unfriendly competition to absorb ones self in, problems/work to give/busy their mind, stuff to feel glad about cause "that's happening to them and not me", stuff to put others down for, etc. - all that sort of stuff. Pretty much all the stuff stories are based on; this makes me think would paradise be the "human drama" without the drama? Perpetual smooth sailing/serenity sort of thing.

I think that's absolutely insane, without conflict/drama the human race will be able to advance substantially. Paradise would be where we don't have to deal with all that shit and can start unlocking the parts of our minds that we've locked out, creating phenomenal and endless possibilities. If people need conflict and drama to live they must be fairly shallow people IMO.

drama?? scorpion stings on the forehead or sitting on an ants nest...give me a garden and some critters id never be bored.

post-4908-128048886108_thumb.jpg

25806_1279758113086_1204027397_30690950_5883792_n.jpg

25806_1279758113086_1204027397_30690950_5883792_n.jpg