The Corroboree
ref1ect1ons

Harmless flouride

I love kangaroos, I hate flouride.

(NaturalNews) Hundreds of kangaroos have been euthanized due to acute fluoride poisoning in the Australian state of Victoria, the country's Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has announced.

The poisonings appear to be occurring due to emissions of fluoride from the Alcoa aluminum smelter at Portland and the Austral Bricks factory at Craigieburn, the state's first and second biggest emitters of fluoride dust, respectively. According to Bruce Dawson of the EPA, the toxic chemical is being absorbed by nearby plants that kangaroos and other animals forage on. The animals may also be breathing in the chemical directly.

The levels of fluoride being emitted by Alcoa and Austral are fully legal under Australian law. The smelter emits 120 tons of the dust per year, while the factory emits 66 tons.

Fluoride can produce discoloration and deformity of teeth and bones, a problem known as "fluorosis" that has been well documented in cattle and humans. According to the Sunday Age, more than 200 kangaroos in Victoria have been euthanized after suffering from lameness caused by fluorosis.

The EPA was first alerted to the problem in 2005, although wildlife workers had noticed lameness in kangaroos in the area as early as 2001. According to Jenny Charles of Melbourne University, 90 percent of 130 kangaroos living near the Alcoa smelter showed signs of dental fluorosis, and 25 percent had visible lumps in their legs or arms.

Forty-eight of 49 kangaroos autopsied after being culled from the smelter area in a single day were suffering from excessive bone growth and lesions on their ankles, calves and paws.

''They were in real pain,'' said wildlife shelter operator Manfred Zabinskas, recounting his horror at seeing so many sick kangaroos.

Although the kangaroos at the brick factory site had lower levels of fluoride in their bodies, their fluorosis symptoms were even worse than those seen near the smelter.

That is just Fucked!! Then they want to shove this poison in our water and tell us it is good for us. Sounds like we get enough from the industries that run our politicians in this country!

I won't let any labor government minister near my water supply. feel for those who have no choice in the matter. It just not that harmless.....think asbestos.....now look whats happened there...I have friends who buy all their drinking water.

edit know - no....basic stuff

Edited by hutch

but its good for your teeth..NOT!!! Oh shit man the stuff is toxic and it also helps aluminum cross the blood/brain barrier increasing the uptake of aluminum in the body by 500% ???? or round about ...hmm.... the worlds governments are nazi ,reptillian, shapeshifting ,terrorists or wtf

I am not a fan of forced fluoridation, BUT this sort of article is completely pointless in the discussion and shows a complete lack of understanding on the poster's part.

Just because a substance has detrimental effects in excess quantities doesn't make it a poison in the right quantities. Take iodine for example. It is the closest chemical relative to fluorine. A lack of iodides in the diet has serious consequences and these debilitating conditions have been eliminated by iodisation of table salt in affected areas. However, animals or humans exposed to excess iodides will suffer a whole range of other debilitating toxic conditions. Getting the amount of iodine right is the key.

I believe the same applies to flouride and really the point of dicussion should not be about whether flouride is toxic [cos it obviously is in large enough quantity], but rather what the appropriate level is and whether it is right to force that level on people via their drinking water. That discussion however is not helped by hysterical and pointless arguments like the one made in this thread. It just makes that side of the fence look stupid.

Personally I don't care what they put in 'drinking' water cos you wouldn't catch me ever drinking the crap that comes out of the municipal water supply and a bit of flouride in the shower isn't a bad thing.

• Like 1

I see the point of the article as being about the factories mentioned... it doesn't say anything about fluoride in drinking water?

also... just to play devils advocate here, who thinks that a population of say, hmmmm... Southern Sudanese would complain about there being fluoride in their drinking water? Or people in India who's children are dying from dysentery or the like?

I gotta say that as the lucky few we sure can be whingers... <said with best uppity voice you can muster> 'oh no.. I'm not going to drink THAT water... it's got yukky stuff in it' lol

• Like 2

Torsten's right about the dosage response side of the argument, but I still don't believe that added fluoride has a place in drinking water. Apply it topically to the teeth in toothpaste but don't ingest the stuff.

Also, the fluoride is only part of the compounds added to drinking water. Sodium Fluoride is what's in my toothpaste and that doesn't bother me too much but where's the research on the toxicology of other fluoride compounds used for mass medication? If it's out there can someone direct me to it please?

plenty of info re: fluoridation - I think you would have to spend a few days, if not weeks sifting through it all to get a decent picture of what is really going on with it though.

It's a bit like typing 'ufo's' into google... you are going to be bombarded with alot of conspiracy shit before you reach anything approaching critical thought or analysis.

well thats my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

BUT this sort of article is completely pointless in the discussion and shows a complete lack of understanding on the poster's part.

I dont remember saying anything other than "I love kangaroos, I hate flouride", I did not discuss an appropriate dosage or even give my opinion on flouride in drinking water. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth, or assuming my opinion in the future.

It would also be unfair to infer my opinion on flouride in drinking water from the article posted, as it only discusses environmental polution and it's effect on the kangaroos, the article did not mention drinking water.

Edited by ref1ect1ons
  • Like 1

fair enough. your strong feelings on fluoride as stated int he first post, cooupled with your tendency to subscribe to conspiracy theories and similar bandwagons made me jump the gun a bit [although I am not convinced of the opposite by far].

My comments then equally apply to the several replies following your post.

Make up your own mind

The Flouride deception

As far as conspiracy theories go, in my experience that's what people do - conspire

From the school yard to the workplace, sporting clubs and gatherings and anywhere that there is more than 3 people. The list goes on all the way to the highest echelons of power.

To relegate someone to the lunatic fringe because they subscribe to conspiracy theories is an easy way to take the high moral ground without presenting a valid case.

They told us DDT was harmless too and people used to rush into the street to get sprayed.

Flouride is also a by-product of the fertiliser industry, ever thought where that goes ?

Make up your own mind

The Flouride deception

As far as conspiracy theories go, in my experience that's what people do - conspire

From the school yard to the workplace, sporting clubs and gatherings and anywhere that there is more than 3 people. The list goes on all the way to the highest echelons of power.

To relegate someone to the lunatic fringe because they subscribe to conspiracy theories is an easy way to take the high moral ground without presenting a valid case.

Well as scien

They told us DDT was harmless too and people used to rush into the street to get sprayed.

Flouride is also a by-product of the fertiliser industry, ever thought where that goes ?

[/quot-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the kangoroo teeth, if been drinkin flouride outside of Auss citys [have their enamel hardened or softened dissolved.

I dont remember saying anything other than "I love kangaroos, I hate flouride"

you did also title the post "harmless flouride, kangaroos dead"

you did also title the post "harmless flouride, kangaroos dead"

Because they're dumping a toxic chemical into the environment, but are allowed to do so as if it the environment is of little importance. I didn't say anything about water specifically because I am sick of arguing with people here who troll me on every 'conspiracy' theory and then bail.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of forced fluoridation, BUT this sort of article is completely pointless in the discussion and shows a complete lack of understanding on the poster's part.

Just because a substance has detrimental effects in excess quantities doesn't make it a poison in the right quantities. Take iodine for example. It is the closest chemical relative to fluorine. A lack of iodides in the diet has serious consequences and these debilitating conditions have been eliminated by iodisation of table salt in affected areas. However, animals or humans exposed to excess iodides will suffer a whole range of other debilitating toxic conditions. Getting the amount of iodine right is the key.

I believe the same applies to flouride and really the point of dicussion should not be about whether flouride is toxic [cos it obviously is in large enough quantity], but rather what the appropriate level is and whether it is right to force that level on people via their drinking water. That discussion however is not helped by hysterical and pointless arguments like the one made in this thread. It just makes that side of the fence look stupid.

Personally I don't care what they put in 'drinking' water cos you wouldn't catch me ever drinking the crap that comes out of the municipal water supply and a bit of flouride in the shower isn't a bad thing.

I drink tap water all the time, have done since day one, my wife won't and she's from Indo...she boils it and lets it stand in containers around the house at room temp for days until she will drink it.

Interestingly iodine is great item to carry with you when drinking water is questionable/non treated, south east Asia, or Africa anyone, iodine can turn water that might otherwise make you incredibly ill into clean drinking water, you need to know how and at what amounts though. Iodine and chlorine work great against viruses but the will not protect you from cryptosporidia.

How To Purify Water Using Iodine Tincture

Fluoride Toxicity Issues Deaths or poisonings linked to fluoridation or fluoride products

I drink tap water all the time, have done since day one, my wife won't and she's from Indo...she boils it and lets it stand in containers around the house at room temp for days until she will drink it.

Interestingly iodine is great item to carry with you when drinking water is questionable/non treated, south east Asia, or Africa anyone, iodine can turn water that might otherwise make you incredibly ill into clean drinking water, you need to know how and at what amounts though. Iodine and chlorine work great against viruses but the will not protect you from cryptosporidia.

How To Purify Water Using Iodine Tincture

Fluoride Toxicity Issues Deaths or poisonings linked to fluoridation or fluoride products

Look at the periodic table of elements.[chemical]

Chlorine, flourine and iodine are similar as atomic molecules, and necessary in a diet. Gouters , swell knees in the medi3val ages was found to be lack of iodine and buildup of urine crystals from a lack of seafood.

But if a atomic bomb went off the radioactive iodine would of immediate worry so that the reason iodine might be use as the body would use regular iodine instead of radioactive iodine which get concentrated in the thyroid .

They call it being a downwinders when the thyroid becomes cancerous from nuclear plant.

Auss and England people around nuclear plants should view this as a normal and part of national life.

forgot bromine sulfides[bromides] old 18th centuary pharmacy chemical for sleep.

Edited by devance

I found this info that might clarify the difference between naturally occuring calcium flouride and the toxic waste that harmed these kangaroos and is added to our drinking water.

In the 1930s an LD-50 study was conducted in France on fluoride. They tested rats with each of the four aforementioned compounds of fluoride. The results turned out to show calcium fluoride to be the least toxic, and the other four were at least 20 times more toxic. The article states, “Fluoride is naturally occurring at some level in all water.” The type of fluoride they are talking about is the much less toxic kind, calcium fluoride. This is a hasty generalization to say that it already exists in the water, when the article is mainly discussing the adding of fluosilicic acid to the water supply. It is important to note again that fluosolicic acid comes from a completely different source than calcium fluoride. Fluoride has been found in many more recent studies to be a neurotoxin; by attaching to aluminum, which already occurs in the water supply, it can pass through the blood-brain barrier and kill brain cells. It has also been found to cause many bone problems, such as joint fractures, by attracting to calcium and making the bones more brittle, as well as Osteosarcoma, a bone cancer. Fluoride also has been proven to cause Alzheimer’s disease. This is alarming information, especially when considering that many large cities across this country, approximately 70%, have fluoridated water.

http://www.infowars.com/fluoride-is-toxic/

Edited by ref1ect1ons

the one things that jumps out at me in relation to fluoride is the fact it has been shown to suppress the function of the pineal gland... the seat of the soul...

i am aware a lot of people will laugh at this but for those of you who also remain open minded to such things it does seem liable and possible to suggest that 'someone', be it government or whomever doesn't want us to have a healthy functioning psychic ability as that would make us more aware and less pliable on a large scale.

an example of this in history is the use of fluoride in the gulag...

if you can prove me wrong, please do it... i'd like to think things are different

http://presselibreinternationale.com/fluor/_PDF/sodium_fluoride_obedience_drug.pdf

youtube

Fluoride and The Pineal Gland

Fluoride Pineal Gland THEORY

A Fluoride-Free Pineal Gland is More Important than Ever

the one things that jumps out at me in relation to fluoride is the fact it has been shown to suppress the function of the pineal gland... the seat of the soul...

i am aware a lot of people will laugh at this but for those of you who also remain open minded to such things it does seem liable and possible to suggest that 'someone', be it government or whomever doesn't want us to have a healthy functioning psychic ability as that would make us more aware and less pliable on a large scale.

also why dmt is illegal... keep everyone from reaching their potential .

if you can prove me wrong, please do it... i'd like to think things are different

http://presselibreinternationale.com/fluor/_PDF/sodium_fluoride_obedience_drug.pdf

youtube

Fluoride and The Pineal Gland

Fluoride Pineal Gland THEORY

A Fluoride-Free Pineal Gland is More Important than Ever

Ive been drinking fluoride in my water for 35 years. I only drink municipal water. It most definitely hasnt suppressed my pineal gland. I have no health problems. No rotting teeth. healthy bone structure.. I feel ok i suppose.

Everyone else in my family drinks it too. All healthy with nice shiny teeth:)

Edited by lickapop

so u go have a mega hefty dose of aya yeah? wot u no listen?

yeah said dont eat ''their food'', ''their water'', ''ignore the propaganda'', ''choose love'' dont u kno we wants to help?

cheers but I dont know what I need saving from? fluoride?

my melatonin seems to work ok