The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

EGA 2010 Psychedelic Symposium Dec 4-5 in Vic - Rick Doblin Headlining

Greetings everyone, we will extend our 'General Admission' tickets out one more day to the 3rd of November as people cannot get to the two shops that are selling them today as it is cup day in Melbourne.

Basically this is your last chance to get the tickets to the conference before they go up in price, with only 100 tickets remaining we suggest you act now before they sell out.

EGA tickets are available at two stores in Melbourne (only) when they open again tomorrow:

The Happy Herb Shop, 317 Smith St Fitzroy, VIC. Phone: (03) 9419 1277.

The Pixie Collective, 374 High St, Northcote, Vic. Phone 03 9077 9719

or from theEGA Shop right now;

http://www.entheogenesis.org/egashop.php

Hope to see you in Melbourne in December for this very special conference.

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Less than two weeks to EGA, now I am getting pumped for the annual plant head pilgrimage to Victoria

Students keep in mind that concession is still only $135 why tickets last.

:devil:

ABOUT ENTHEOGENESIS AUSTRALIS

Entheogenesis Australis is a not-for-profit association that cultivates a supportive environment to foster mature, open discussion about psychoactive plants and chemicals. We seek to explore ways to assess societal impacts and examine the positive applications of such substances.

Entheogenesis Australis exists to:

• foster an awareness of the subject of psychoactive plants and chemicals (entheogens) of all kinds, and their roles – existing and potential - in contemporary society;

• encourage broad acknowledgement of the historical, cultural, medicinal and religious significance of psychoactives for diverse sectors of the community;

• facilitate access to information regarding the history, science and culture of psychoactives, and co-ordinate the establishment of a repository of information;

• provide an effective forum for individuals in the academic and public arenas to share their broad-ranging knowledge and understanding of psychoactives, and raise the profile of relevant research and academic discourse in, inter alia, the fields of anthropology, physiology, pharmacology, psychology and the neurosciences;

• promulgate a mature and responsible approach to psychoactives by encouraging communication, peer support and interaction with community on various levels and in diverse contexts.

History of Entheogenesis Australis:

Entheogenesis Australis has grown organically over the years, starting out as a Victorian based ethnobotany interest group who were inspired by attending the Ethnobotanica ethnobotany conference [www.ethnobotanica.org] in Northern New South Wales in 2002. After this event, a small Victorian network developed and started holding mini- ethnobotany meetings in Ringwood library. The meetings grew over the years and eventually underwent a formal transformation become Entheogenesis Australis [EGA] in 2004. The first formal EGA conference, held at Ruby’s Lounge in Belgrave, introduced us to a wider audience and moved our interest more towards the lecture/ panel/ workshop format, also introducing art, music and a spiritual dimension. In 2004 the current core group – Martin, Michael, Carl, Jonathan and Tim – came together and started to chart a more conscious and intentional direction, leading to incorporation as a non-profit association in 2008. EGA currently holds an annual conference alternating between an indoor event at the University of Melbourne and a larger outdoor conference gathering in Swanpool nestled in the beautiful Strathbogie Ranges in North East Victoria, Australia. By 2009, a dedicated group of thirty part time volunteers were working on the annual conference, and EGA introduced an annual journal publication to supplement the conference presentations. EGA launched an online Drug Policy Discussion Group in 2010. This is the first of such groups EGA wishes to establish to promote informed dialogue and information sharing in the area of entheogenic issues. As EGA has grown so too has its commitment to providing a supportive environment for mature and open discussion about psychoactive plants and chemicals.

Conferences [so far]:

2002: Meetings in Ringwood Library, Melbourne [Mini EB]

2003: Meetings in Ringwood Library, Melbourne [Mini EB]

EGA: 2004: Ruby’s Niteclub, Melbourne

EGA: 25-26 June 2005: Gumnut Camp, Grampians, Victoria

EGA: 2-5 June 2006: Opoeia, Otways, Victoria

EGA: 30 Nov – 3 Dec 2007: Strathbogie Outdoor Education Centre, Swanpool, Victoria

EGA: 6 Dec 2008: Copland Theatre, The University of Melbourne

EGA: 6-9 Nov 2009: Strathbogie Outdoor Education Centre, Swanpool, Victoria

Forthcoming EGA: 4-5 Dec 2010: Basement Theatre, Spot Building, The University of Melbourne

Membership of Entheogenesis Australis:

EGA is a not-for-profit association. Interested plant heads are welcome to join the club. Please email your request to: [email protected]

EGA Drug Policy Discussion Google Group

Many entheogens are currently classed as illicit drugs in Australia. Many of us are concerned about the effects of drug regulation. Laws, regulations, and policing behaviours not only make entheogenic practices riskier than they would otherwise be; they also make their benefits less likely. We've set up a Google group so that interested people in the EGA community can:

• research, document and communicate a shared understanding of how drug policy works in Australia

• enable EGA to debate whether and how it might influence the politics of drug regulation, and

• empower individuals to be politically active.

If you'd like to join the group, and join in the discussions and research, send an email to:

[email protected]

Keeping in Touch:

To join the EGA mailing list, please send your request to: [email protected]

Hint, Hint,

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26061

:lol:

I got to see Ethan Nadelmann talk @ the Melbourne Town Hall just yesterday - he was amazing, 1.5 hours of non stop gold, He even plunged EGA and mushroom :devil:

Less than a week till EGA now, get ready :lol:

Big ups Ronny!! I'll see you SOBs there!!

With only days to go, it is time to get ready for EGA 2010

There is currently only 40 tickets left as online sales have sold out :wink: - Remember concession pricing is still only $135

So call in two these two stores in Melbourne:

The Happy Herb Shop, 317 Smith St Fitzroy, VIC. Phone: (03) 9419 1277.

The Pixie Collective, 374 High St, Northcote, Vic. Phone 03 9077 9719

:devil:

Hey everyone

Here is a copy of the EGA 2010 program

www.entheo.net/PublicTimetableA3.pdf

You do not need to print it out as you will get it as you register for the conference on the day

Hope you like what we have assembled for the big weekend

:lol:

More raffle info up, including the addition of a signed copy of Rick Doblin's book, "Ecstasy: Dance, Trance, and Transformation", to the internet draw (which closes this Friday night!) :lol:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25159

Looking forward to it! I have two spare tickets to get rid of ($100 each, which I believe is well below the shop price). Any takers?

I'll be hanging around the uni on Saturday and possibly Sunday so will see a few of you there :) I can't show support this year by buying a ticket(packing up 8 years of my life and moving interstate has me a little povo atm) but will certainly be up for a good catch up.

Hey Gang

Whast are the chances of getting a sunday day pass? I was just looking at the speakers and subjects for sunday and it would be a shame to miss it. If anyone can help me out i'd owe ya big time :worship: To be honest, i can afford a ticket, but i'm going to be busy as fuck from here untill feb probably, and will most likely need all and any disposable income till then. This is a way to be reckless..in a mature way :innocent_n:

Thanks kids

1st day was a ripper.

Picked up a couple of nice cacti plants at the front stall.

Very friendly bunch....love it. :)

• Like 1

EGA 2010 Sold Out :wub:

We need a little emoticon of me doing a stupid happy dance around the house right now as this is the best news ever!!! Makes me happier than if I'd been able to make it over and attend personally.Thank you every1 for the support to EGA!! And be sure to buy plenty of raffle tix.

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 1

We need a little emoticon of me doing a stupid happy dance around the house right now as this is the best news ever!!! Makes me happier than if I'd been able to make it over and attend personally.Thank you every1 for the support to EGA!! And be sure to buy plenty of raffle tix.

When you do the happy dance Naja, do you start with the right foot flickin over to the left, or the left to right???, or do you use the unorthadox style with the knee bumps?

just wonderin cheers.

oh and Hooray to EGA. :wink:

Des Tramacchi is always so fascinating to listen to at EGA, I just wanna throw some props his way. Also to the headliners, as well as Anna Kokavec, n Henry Cox. Plus the organisers and facilitators of course - fantastic work.