The Corroboree
Magicdirt

Twister hit northern NSW

This morning a tornado hit Lennox Head in northern NSW

They keep calling them "Mini" tornadoes, but that just sounds like an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand to me. A case of denial

The Australian Aboriginals called them Willy Willies and that applied to anything from 6 inches high to a tornado.

When will they start calling these things what they really are ?

If it rips houses to peices it can hardly be called a "mini" tornado in my veiw

I hope everyone up there is OK and didn't find themselves in the path of it.

Edited by Magicdirt

a bit of a wild night, but luckily it headed south just before it got real nasty. bit of an odd event for this time of year, but at least we got a bit of rain out of it and the hothouses are still standing.

The storm is heading south, its starting to rain here in newcastle now.

I have seen ALOT of chemtrail activity the last week.

Exmouth Boeing Facility

Aussie HAARP????

Here is some snapshots of strange radar patterns in AUS

773719-bom-radar.jpg?w=316&h=237

773731-bom-radar.jpg?w=497&h=279

774276-bom-radar.jpg?w=316&h=237

THEY are the digital-age equivalent of crop circles – mysterious patterns appearing on the Bureau of Meteorology’s national radar system without any explanation.

And the random images described as red stars, rings of fire and white doughnuts are sending online conspiracy websites into meltdown.

The anomalies first began on January 15 when an “iced doughnut” appeared over Kalgoorlie in WA.

Satellite imagery showed there was no cloud over the area at the time to explain the unusual phenomenon but farmers’ online comments claimed it was “unusually hot” all day.

It was followed by a bizarre red star over Broome on January 22 and a sinister spiral burst over Melbourne described by amateur radar buffs as the Ring Of Fire Fault.

More info found here....

Edited by Slybacon

If it rips houses to peices it can hardly be called a "mini" tornado in my veiw

I hope everyone up there is OK and didn't find themselves in the path of it.

I get what you mean, but a full-on trailer park smashing tornado is truly a site to behold and they don't just tear roofs off they obliterate whole houses. I guess that is why they are referring to NSW one as a mini.

My thoughts also go out to anyone up there.

gallery_6870_7_69669.jpg

gallery_6870_7_11852.jpg

gallery_6870_7_10229.jpg

Strange lines leading to Exmouth, taken at 5.11pm today.

Visable on learmonth loop too

Also weird dots in a circular pattern around halls creek.

Melbourne seems to have them too

Weird

BOM National Radar Loop Live

Edited by Slybacon

Generally willy willies like yesterdays one start out over the water as water spouts and then shift inland, unlike tornado alley in the US where they start and finish on land. It is very unusual to see this type of weather in Winter. The trough is deepening and moving south and going to dump a heap of rain down as far as the Northern beaches apparently. Sydney has copped torrential rain at times the last month, it's a total quagmire in some parts and drains are blocking up everywhere.

Interestingly, my Pharmacist reported seeing multiple "water spouts" off the coast in the Shell harbor area (south coast) a couple of days ago.

Her house overlooks the ocean and she has been in the area for a long time. She says she has never seen anything like it before.