The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
taozen

Hi all! ...and Ethnobotanical Questions!?

Hi everyone! I'm Taozen, I'm glad to now be a part of this community :wink: Smiley and hope to give and learn a.m.a.p.

...and someone who isnt me has a few questions regarding his cacti and succulents... he needs some help

1. swIm had a few week old san pedrito that looked so white that swIm thought it was some sort of albino. Today swim found it like it had burst, like a burst baloon. swIm's sad, swIm doubts the little guy recovers, so, what happened? He also noticed another little guy turned white and balloon like

this is how it first looked

gallery_7518_312_6622.jpg

then!

gallery_7518_312_14930.jpg

(a few days have passed now and it just dried up, died and dissapeared) :crux:

2. Some white fluff on the bottom leaves of swims month old syrian rue? swim thinks it's fungus, how to remove it?

gallery_7518_312_13624.jpg

it actually has gotten worse on the bottom leaves

4. purplish cactus seedlings?

gallery_7518_312_22656.jpg

i have some more that look similar

5. Very dried tips on a kanna leaf?

gallery_7518_312_10119.jpg

thanx everyone!

The soil is far too wet in pic for seedling, or at least I never water that much..

yeah it looks like it go too hydrated and burst. try to keep your seeds moist no soaking.

there is another thread about purple cacti seedlings

Ive never grown rue so cant say

and the sceletium looks pretty healthy and normal. at they grow some of the older leaves dry up and leave a 'skeleton'

yeah man wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to wet.

kanna is to wet also. its at the maturity where u can start weaning of so much water, otherwise it will rot.

cactus seedling looks way to small to be out of humidity yet, however reintroducing it to a humid environment may cause rot. it will grow, but it will grow slow.

its all good! this is how u learn!!! i massacred my plants until i learned. there is only one way regarding propagation, and thats to slaughter until u learn what works for YOU. what works for me may not work for you.

define your own understanding and processes!!

happy growing!

Thanks all, yeah I guess this is the only way to learn. I´ve been fairly succesful though. I just get frustrated with the few mistakes that come up.

yeah sorry if my post seemed a bit rude.

If you do some searched on cacti seed growing you will see what kinda levels of water are recommended. I would recommend more sand in your mix.

in this link it gives you abit of an idea how others are doing it

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24147&view=findpost&p=254189

en verdad vives en centro america?

thanx for the link,

haha, si! very, very, very rainy at the moment

For your cacti I reckon you need to change your mix to something with more air.  I use 100% washed river sand in a takeaway container, like this 

lopho.jpg

For your cacti I reckon you need to change your mix to something with more air.  I use 100% washed river sand in a takeaway container, like this 

lopho.jpg

wow!!!

That is washed river sand,,,

In Sydney gardening supply outlets washed river sand is simply a more coarse looking version of beach sand.... no wonder..

Yeah I think they call it river gravel around here.

S4L

Are they germinated in that mix ?

In a container with a lid or gladwrap or something to keep the humidity up ?