The Corroboree

Do piercings, brandings, tongue forking,and stretchers come under scarifications?

edit: oh and I think I just got my first negatized comment lol woooo hoooo thankyou smile.gif I feel all controversial smile.gif

I am always telling my children that if they haven't got anything nice to say , then say nothing. When i first joined the corroboree, I decided that i would not be negative and only spread positive vibes.....If ya get my drift. And still stand by that.

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 2

@ amazonian - yep

@ dworx - i don't think there is anything 'wrong' with getting crap tattoo's per se it just seems stupid to me. I've met many a person that has regretted tattoo's that they had done when they were younger or in a different frame of mind. I think that as time has passed for me I have become less of a person that wants to be out there and shocking people and more into blending into the general population and helping to create change from within than trying to be sort of adversarial.... Which is what I think some of the tattoo's here are.

I remember a person i knew got the shits with everyone getting tatt's that 'meant something to them' or had 'meaning' and got this totally shit tattoo of a pirate ship and across it's sails it said 'hated and proud' lol I mean yeah it was funny and all but dude... at some stage do you reckon you would look at that tattoo and think, hmmmm actually I don't want to be hated, and maybe I'm not proud of being hated, I'd rather be loved?

I was a punk too mate, I've got my tatt's and I got the ones that I wish I had never had done. Part of the fun of it is the actual process and thats where I messed up. I liked the feeling of having them done and the altered state of consciousness I entered during and after the process... I mistakenly had some crappy ones done because I was chasing that feeling... now I'm stuck with dumbarse tatt's that I will live with forever.

Some of mine I love however. I am into scarification and body art as a means of altering consciousness, and representing rights of passage - I remember seeing a book years n years ago about this stuff and seeing pic's of Indigenous Australians up north somewhere cutting their penis's in half over a period of time. Now thats some extreme shit :)

all of this of course has nothing to do with tattoo design so I will now wander back to my corner.

peace

edit: oh and I think I just got my first negatized comment lol woooo hoooo thankyou :) I feel all controversial :)

Meanies I didn't negatize you. I don't disagree with everything you said either, peace and love to you my friend.

http://www.aurelm.co...rs-new-clothes/ i knew i had this somewhere , good a place as any to dump : warning kinda NSFW

Funny as. Although not everyone wants their kids to see someone like this walking down the street, in a way good on him for being who he wants to be.

my recent addition...

post-902-0-23628100-1341449888_thumb.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

• Like 3

is that really you toast? i love the stippled 'swastika', stippling is awesome and the technique suits such designs perfectly. the fresh'n looks good aswell :)

• Like 1

Yeah that's me.

The Buddhist swastika was hand poked by a friend of mine.

It knew it would be rough, as it was his first tattoo ever (he is a body piercer), but I was happy to be his guinea pig.

This design means triumph of the human spirit, particularly relevant to me at the time.

Thanks for the kind words

• Like 1

Hey toast, your spore print tat is choice

Need some colour in there brother!

the pattern on your chest and the one near ya nip is quite cool as well, links things together nicely.

Intrigued by the work coming round the side of your torso.

Tongue tattooing also one of the painful tattoos because it takes days to heal and has become popular among the youngsters who actually are interested in exploring things. For them it is the best way to express themselves in the public or in personal lives.

getting a tongue tatt the best way to express themselves?

that's beyond me. for a start not many people are gonna see it in public, & i really don't get the expressing yourself bit. i thought expressing yourself was a continuous process. Is a tatt really still gonna be expressing yourself 10 years down the track?

i've got nothing against tatts, some ov them are really cool; but surely joining/starting a band, writing poems, joining a club, subculture or even a motorcycle gang would be more self expressive than getting you're tongue tattooed....maybe i'm just too old....

Edited by nabraxas
  • Like 1

getting a tongue tatt the best way to express themselves?

that's beyond me. for a start not many people are gonna see it in public, & i really don't get the expressing yourself bit. i thought expressing yourself was a continuous process. Is a tatt really still gonna be expressing yourself 10 years down the track?

i've got nothing against tatts, some ov them are really cool; but surely joining/starting a band, writing poems, joining a club, subculture or even a motorcycle gang would be more self expressive than getting you're tongue tattooed....maybe i'm just too old....

sounds like ya too old!!!!!!

Do piercings, brandings, tongue forking,and stretchers come under scarifications?

no!!!!!

@ amazonian - yep

no!!!!!!

@ Bulit... I think Kindness's post was an answer to something else, lol.

This is an old thread, and now I have learned what is classified as scarification .

:)

Edited by Amazonian

yeah just lookin around!! old or new doesnt matter LOL

• Like 1

Far out, I was an opinionated little so and so when I was drinking n using. I totally apologise for my stupid rants I've carried on with here over the years :-/ I'm trying to be nicer these days...

Edit to say, incognito did u ever get that tattoo done.

Edited by kindness
  • Like 2