The Corroboree
Amazonian

new to the forum

Collector's Corner will have some active species, but they may not be cheap. Worth a look anyway.

Well ,i went to the said shop. This is what i brought. I hadn't even got out of the shop and i got nailed ...ouch!. Dunno if this is a good idea?! ( i know this is the mycology section but it just follows on with what has been discussed.) I paid $15 for a 3" pot . Please don't tell me i did no good . No tell me .

post-7430-127354628884_thumb.jpg

2006_01_05.jpg

2006_01_05.jpg

Nice cactus but a little pricey. Don't expect much growth until summer.

Oh, and welcome!

Damn I think 15bucks is great for such a healthy fat tip.

All those who think it's expensive, I ask you this...

Lets say 3 years when this plant is 1-2meters tall with a few basal pups, a picture of health all blue and fat and spiny & sitting in a lovely 20litre terracotta pot...

how much will it be worth then..?

It's a sweet looking cactus to me.:)

Yeah that looks like a good size, a lot of the cacti I've seen around nurseries here are much thinner in diameter than that - you've scored a nice fat one :)

Hey I said it was a nice cactus!! :P

By a little pricey I meant that the Hamiltons/Bunnings seedlings are generally a bit cheaper, a bit taller and, yes, a bit skinnier. If that's a 3 inch pot then I'm guessing I can see about 3 inches above the rim.

Yes I know this isn't a generic Hamiltons cactus - it is actually labelled!! That may make it worth the couple dollars more for some people.

IMO $15 is the top of the market by a couple of dollars. I certainly don't think this was a rip off.

You should be happy with your purchase Amazonian.

I think it has character. On the tag it says indoors or outdoors ? At the moment i have it on the window sill here by the computer. I will find a better spot for it over the next few days.

Go very easy on the water as it will be going/ gone dormant but as soon as temps warm up next season repot her wait a week or 2 then water it with a half strength fish emulsion or miricle grow (yates type product) or a good cacti & succulent fert

If your after a nice cheap common cactus with a few short spines & traditional use Echinopsis pachanoi / Trichocereus pachanoi is a fast grower @ 50cents to $1 per cm (a great plant to use if you would rather not take any cuttings from your favorite Peruvian or bridgesii.

Pach is not sought after as much as Trichocereus bridgesii but still a nice fast growing plant that has history as a entheogen, as well as traditional medicine and traditional veterinary medicine

Edited by mac

Cheers Mac. I will keep all that in mind.

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this forum by accident (or maybe destiny). I cant believe how passionate you all are about this stuff. the last time I had 'mushies' was around 25 years ago. I have been reading about plant spirit medicine and my ears pricked up when reading about ayahuasca. Mmmm , I thought, its about time I had some mushies. Now I am older and wiser I will have some mushrooms not for recreational use but to connect with nature etc... So now I have been unleashed and reading everything on hallucigens. Brings back memories . So I will be going to my old haunt to source some mushies ( what you guys call subs). I am excited yet a little nervous.We use to just boil them up and have the syrup in Milo. All this talk of lemon juice and so on is new to me but I am willing to give it a go. I think I will start off treading lightly.

Welcome Amazonian, you have stumbled on the best site on the internet in my opinion...Some wonderful and helpful people who are like minded so its all good...The amount of stuff you can learn here is mind blowing and if your anything like me you will only understand 10% of it so be real careful! It's your temple remember....Would be interested in hearing how your first foray back on the shrooms goes..

Take care

EDIT...I meant to say your FOAF's foray on the shrooms...of course we wouldn't do that and that goes without saying. :P

Hutch :wink:

Edited by hutch

....Would be interested in hearing how your first foray back on the shrooms goes..

EDIT...I meant to say your FOAF's foray on the shrooms...of course we wouldn't do that and that goes without saying. tongue.gif

Hutch newimprovedwinkonclear.gif

Yeh,ah, my friend's friend , doesn't have many windows of opportunity,you know ,with the house to ones self for several hours or similar. So it makes it a little tricky ,but it will happen when it is meant to. My Friend's friend cant wait. :) I am surprised,given the time of year, that we are not hearing about other peoples Friend's experiences!!??