The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Magicdirt

Newb Question

I've been lurking here for a while and now I can post I wanted to ask a question.

My local nursery has a cactus that looks a lot like a San Pedro but it is labeled "Euphorbia" They had it sitting right next to a Lophophoria of some sort

It is definetley a cactus and not a euphobia. Does any know if San pedros are commonly labeled incorrectly.

A local hardware store also has a few interesting ones one was Tricocereus pasacana, could this be active ?

Edited by Magicdirt

Anything is possible, Does it bleed white sap?? pinch or nick its skin? Alternative buy it and post pics or just grow it out..

dont forget the euphorbia family is VERY varied. take pics in the shop if you worried about wasting money.

Also I dont think it would have been lophophora that you think you saw. big W isnt really in the loph market

Also I dont think it would have been lophophora that you think you saw. big W isnt really in the loph market that cool.

Fixed...tongue.gif

Thanks for the help

The one labelled lophophora didn't look like any I've seen so I thought that was the wrong label as well or someones idea of a joke.

I might have to go and take a few pics.

Is the white sap an indication of active properties ?

Is the white sap an indication of active properties ?

No the white sap is an indication that what you bought is a euphorbia :unsure:

and it's poisonous...

A local hardware store also has a few interesting ones one was Tricocereus pasacana, could this be active ?

If you find one of these your should buy it. It's the largest of all trich and quite a stunning plant.

No the white sap is an indication that what you bought is a euphorbia :unsure:

and it's poisonous...

If you find one of these your should buy it. It's the largest of all trich and quite a stunning plant.

Thanks for the advice !