The Corroboree

^ i just had a look at those books on EBay. I am after something new to read so thanks for that.

Well, I have finally finished reading 'Journey of Souls',life between lives. (you may think that i am a slow reader, but i had a few books on the go at once.)

Ha ha... sometimes it can take me months to read a book too. It's not always easy to find the time and, as you say, sometimes I have a non-fiction book on the go and read three or four novels between starting the non-fiction and finishing it.

I didn't post about it yet, but I had a past life regression a few weeks ago as a precursor to an LBL session which I plan to do in a month or two.

It was very emotionally intense, and not at all what I expected it to be like. I'm usually a very visual/auditory person, but this experience was almost entirely kinesthetic. The hypnotherapist made no suggestions in terms of detail, only suggesting that I travel backwards in my memories. She took me back to my memories of being a small child, then to being in my mother's womb, then back to a time earlier than that.

I am an eternal sceptic, so I'm not wholly convinced that what I experienced was a previous life. There's a possibility that I created a situation in my mind of being somebody other than who I am in this life. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter to me. I like to keep an open mind. The experience I had was really insightful and highlighted some trends in my personality that I can work on improving. It's really hard to describe the experience, but I'd recommend it for anybody who is curious.

I cried a lot during the regression and I've come out of it with a greater love for my family and a better understanding of myself. I couldn't have asked for more.

I'll let you know how the LBL session goes when I decide to take that next step.

<to Moogy>

Sorry, I somehow missed your addition to this thread. Too bad the regression didn't work for you. Feel free to PM me if you want the contact details for the hypnotherapist I saw. She seemed very intuitive and spent time talking to me on the phone before accepting my appointment just to make a judgement about whether the session would be successful for me. If you're still interested, it might be worth giving her a call.

If anyone is interested in borrowing the book "Journey of Souls, case studies of life between lives" let me know. I don't mind lending it out as long as I get it back. PM me.

Hutch :wink:

a little off topic, but last spring I spent a few weeks at an ayahuasca center near yarinacocha, peru. I participated in two ayahuasca ceremonies with a shipibo shaman, followed the dieta, etc. I'm going to try to keep this from being a trip report, but here's what I know about past lives.

Before my second session I asked mama ayahuasca for a few things, one of which was to show or tell me about past lives.

She Did.

Interpret this as you will, but to me this is now unequivocally, experienced fact.

I am an old man. I have been a human as long as humans have been humans. I have experienced everything all/any man (insert human, but in the vision i was always a man) has ever experienced. I have died a thousand deaths, caused a thousand deaths, a thousand births. This is our human heritage. There is no separation between the individual and individual actions and experiences and all/every human action and experience forward and backward. The ego is the only thing between us as individuals and the entirety of human experience past and future. When we die, the ego dies, and we are again reunited with the whole human spirit, and when we are born, or maybe sometime in the first few years, we grow an ego again, and we lose everything and have to build up our individual knowledge bit by bit again.

something like that.

If you want to know, you can know.

ss

Tierra Vida Healing Center

• Like 1

a little off topic, but last spring I spent a few weeks at an ayahuasca center near yarinacocha, peru. I participated in two ayahuasca ceremonies with a shipibo shaman, followed the dieta, etc. I'm going to try to keep this from being a trip report, but here's what I know about past lives.

Before my second session I asked mama ayahuasca for a few things, one of which was to show or tell me about past lives.

She Did.

Interpret this as you will, but to me this is now unequivocally, experienced fact.

I am an old man. I have been a human as long as humans have been humans. I have experienced everything all/any man (insert human, but in the vision i was always a man) has ever experienced. I have died a thousand deaths, caused a thousand deaths, a thousand births. This is our human heritage. There is no separation between the individual and individual actions and experiences and all/every human action and experience forward and backward. The ego is the only thing between us as individuals and the entirety of human experience past and future. When we die, the ego dies, and we are again reunited with the whole human spirit, and when we are born, or maybe sometime in the first few years, we grow an ego again, and we lose everything and have to build up our individual knowledge bit by bit again.

something like that.

If you want to know, you can know.

ss

Tierra Vida Healing Center

Very interesting....love to hear more. Maybe you could start a new thread if you have the time and inclination.

Hutch

• Like 1

but to me this is now unequivocally, experienced fact.

something like that.

Nice one, Selfsufficient, and welcome to the forums.

I think this sums it up; even "unequivocally, experienced facts" can't be 100% accurately expressed/recalled/exchanged.

Glad you can be so sure of yourself... me, I think I'll stay on the fence. I like it up here and it certainly helps practice balance, but I respect people who can be comfortable in a belief. As I mentioned in the first post of this thread, it was the similarity to Aya expressed in the book that prompted me to post about it... so I can certainly feel where you're coming from.

There's an old thread of Mutant's around called "Are you a believer" that you might want to resurrect. Be prepared for some pretty strong conflicting opinions from people on this board. You may very well get challenged on your ideas of the world, but it's all good brain food.

Hope to see you stick around.

ooooh, can we resurrect that thread please?

He he, thought you'd be down for that. :wink:

Edited by Rabaelthazar

Forgot about this thread...

As far as experienced, unequivocal fact goes...

I'll add that experiences fade, and what might be felt with absolute conviction one year may not feel as fresh years down the line.

Does the truth of the experience fade?

It seems to, it becomes a memory, another myth in our individual perpetual self-making.

The key, i think, is to pick and choose which of our myths we retain and repeat to ourselves, as thats how our identity is maintained or groomed or shaped. How we tell ourselves who we are, if you will.

culture does this, religion too, but I can't trust my culture or religious dogma, so I try to control my enculturation as much as I can. At least then I know what and from what I am.

have a good one

~self

• Like 1