The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DarkSpark

Acacia podalyriifolia A.Cunn. ex Don (as ‘podalyriaefolia’)

first of all i will link youu to the information i will be referring to

http://www.worldwidewattle.com/speciesgallery/podalyriifolia.php?id=17860

Now i have been reading up on these as i have germinated what i thought was a crapload of podalyriifolia. However i have noticed that a majority of these trees have both the silvered leaves and green leaves. Originally i just assumed that the green leaves were last seasons and the silvered were new growth. But upon further inspection i notice it is as though there is a perfect line drawn accross the tree and half are green half are furry and silvery.

Now on that page it states

. Variants with green phyllodes are rare and the invalid name, A. podalyriifolia var. viridis , presumably refers to these. Most closely related to A. uncifera .

however the seed pods gathered clearly match those of the podalyriifolia. I guess what i am asking is whether or not it is common for A. Podalyriifolia to have both green and silver leaves ??? these have BOTH the silver and green leaves on them its wierd, i will try to get a picture.

Furthermore i noticed that reportedly tryptamines in the leaf, says Shaman Australis added that info so i would assume someone here would know more. Also the bark contains 0.5-2% in fresh bark. now thats a decent amount. anyone experimented ?? if not I have 4 at my dads in giant planter bags from 5ish years ago that someone might do an extraction on and pass me the details.

and finally, anyone from the gold coast know what species is flowering everywhere around pac pines and nerang lately with the little cylindrical flowers. phyllodes are 28mm wide and 150mm long and have 6-7 clearly visible veins. again ill get some pics of this one later

Edited by DarkSpark

first of all i will link youu to the information i will be referring to

http://www.worldwidewattle.com/speciesgallery/podalyriifolia.php?id=17860

Now i have been reading up on these as i have germinated what i thought was a crapload of podalyriifolia. However i have noticed that a majority of these trees have both the silvered leaves and green leaves. Originally i just assumed that the green leaves were last seasons and the silvered were new growth. But upon further inspection i notice it is as though there is a perfect line drawn accross the tree and half are green half are furry and silvery.

Now on that page it states

however the seed pods gathered clearly match those of the podalyriifolia. I guess what i am asking is whether or not it is common for A. Podalyriifolia to have both green and silver leaves ??? these have BOTH the silver and green leaves on them its wierd, i will try to get a picture.

Furthermore i noticed that reportedly tryptamines in the leaf, says Shaman Australis added that info so i would assume someone here would know more. Also the bark contains 0.5-2% in fresh bark. now thats a decent amount. anyone experimented ?? if not I have 4 at my dads in giant planter bags from 5ish years ago that someone might do an extraction on and pass me the details.

and finally, anyone from the gold coast know what species is flowering everywhere around pac pines and nerang lately with the little cylindrical flowers. phyllodes are 28mm wide and 150mm long and have 6-7 clearly visible veins. again ill get some pics of this one later

I always thought the information about this species being active was incorrect , could be wrong but i seem to remember it being raised in another post

I recall reading something similar myself on here and i posted in the thread i believe but can't seem to find it. However perhaps someone performing a small extraction would give a definitive answer !

been said many times that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychedelic_plants makes some dubious claims.

although it always amazes me how many take it as fact not just here but i have seen information reposted on nexus , e-dot and numerouas others even some of the spieces shulgin refers to are incorrect or cannot be verified of course the only way this can be claered up is for someone to do an extraction , test for alkaloids and then of course throw away the extract since no one in our squeaky clean penal colony would have any other use for it

try and find peer reviewed journals that have published alkaloid analysis or highly regarded published works on plant alkaloids these are the best starting point for this kind of research

While the information may be somewhat accurate it should be kept in mind that a report of tryptamines occuring does not necessarily refer to the dimethylated form.