The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
smokeydaze

Queensland Acacias

Hey Guys!

Just helping out a friend who lives near Brisbane. He's wondering what active acacias he could scout close to or in his area. I suggested Maidenii but know from experience it's activity is sparse.

Any knowledge greatly appreciated.

<3

there's a pretty standard response usually, and since you'll probably get the standard response (which won't include the info you're after) i suggest you start researching.

there's a pretty standard response usually, and since you'll probably get the standard response (which won't include the info you're after) i suggest you start researching.

plant some seed wait five years, wild harvesting is highly unethical it damages the plant population and 9 times out of 10 will not result in you getting what you are looking for generally those who go after wild plants also lack the knowledge to do anything effective with them and hence damage the trees for no benefit to anyone :BANGHEAD2:

It's a simple question, if you don't want to help - don't reply. He's knew to the scene and is simply looking for a little guidance.

I have done my research and I have made my gains, I lack very little knowledge but I just don't have time to research for someone else especially when one of my fellow brothers already has the information.

Is there anyone out there who understands freedom?

If so, looking forward to your reply..

Edited by smokeydaze

:popcorn:

Thanks for another highly informative reply, Thunder. A true inspiration.

Thanks for another highly informative reply, Thunder. A true inspiration.

While I'm not questioning your knowledge I am questioning the reason your friend is looking for these plants if you do find him the information he is looking for I truely hope that you also impart on him that stripping bark from wild trees can kill them and that if he seeks such materail he should only be looking for bark or leaves that have already fallen from the tree.

Over the years I have heard of many Acacias nearly being killed by people with enough knowledge to identify a plant or find a plant their friend has identified for them but they get to carried away with what they want and end up taking to much from the tree, ethical harvestingh is something I think everyone in this community supports and I would hope those over at nexus are strong supporters of also , a little knowledge is not always a good thing if your friend would like some seed from various wattle species i would be more then happy to help him out as they grow he will quickly learn how to id the various species

While I'm not questioning your knowledge I am questioning the reason your friend is looking for these plants if you do find him the information he is looking for I truely hope that you also impart on him that stripping bark from wild trees can kill them and that if he seeks such materail he should only be looking for bark or leaves that have already fallen from the tree.

Over the years I have heard of many Acacias nearly being killed by people with enough knowledge to identify a plant or find a plant their friend has identified for them but they get to carried away with what they want and end up taking to much from the tree, ethical harvestingh is something I think everyone in this community supports and I would hope those over at nexus are strong supporters of also , a little knowledge is not always a good thing if your friend would like some seed from various wattle species i would be more then happy to help him out as they grow he will quickly learn how to id the various species

Cool, thank you so much for your help.

So in case anyone forgot my question, I'm just wondering what active acacias are in the greater Brisbane region. Maybe some one from the area has some helpful ideas?

Cheers

:)

First off as i have stated before i don't agree with people instantly being bashed for asking for help. For gods sake he might be going to collect seeds to grow himself like i have and wants help with what to look for. You guys need to stop making assumptions based on no information whatsoever that everyone is going to go strip bark. You can still be helpful while emphasising the ethical harvesting ideals. now onto the question at hand.

google - brisbane metro + common acacia or SE QLD common acacia

then compare the results to the info you might find in reguards to tryptamine content on the wikipedia page. however padalyriifolia are abundant on the gold coast, i would assume brissy too. Soem maidenii around.

one can find a crapload of phalaris grass if you know where to look. Dont limit your search to acacias you may be surprised.

also, consider looking for plants declared weeds by the government. I cant vouch for their potency but Acacia Nilotica i know is one declared weed. As well as this morning glory and others contain LSA and they are also weeds. Which can be grown VERY easily at home. rip off a chunk whack it in the ground and it grows like 3-5cm a day.

edit: another good option for your friend would be to have a wander around a cow paddock(someone who you knows of course i don't encourage trespass and look for a Panaeolus Cyanescens covered cow pat. load her up into a picnic basket, or large fishing tackle box supposedly works well. carefully cutting the larger shrooms off so it fits and you don't damage the Mycellum. Take it home and put into a reasonably well shaded corner in a small plastic container with holes in the bottom for drainage so you an move around etc... Reports are that you can get a few flushes from the pat if you keep it nice and wet. SWIM dehydrated a few flushes and put them into caps. great stuff.

not as full on as DMT but i have heard that the stalks of these in a high dose give a really crazy trip

Edited by DarkSpark

Some very interesting facts you've brought to the table Dark, I'll be sure to pass on the information. Thanks for your input.

"It's a simple question, if you don't want to help - don't reply."

my initial reply was my attempt to help.

"i don't agree with people instantly being bashed for asking for help."

i don't think chaos or i did anything of the sort. maybe whipping out popcorn can be perceived as derision but i was just curious whether there is anyone out there who understands freedom :P

• Like 2

I didn't think it was possible but yet again you've just helped out so much, your just so generous and thoughtful - thanks bro!!

it has been my pleasure friend, and my sincere thanks to YOU for de-rating my posts :rolleyes:

it has been my pleasure friend, and my sincere thanks to YOU for de-rating my posts :rolleyes:

No problems, they look so fitting :)

just want to say its best to be subtle,

its easy for someone to find out if they have the intiative.

without making it look like the forum is full of trippers lol

It can be a pretty crazy trip growing something from seed.

Cactus from seed i find the easiest and most awarding.

just want to say its best to be subtle,

its easy for someone to find out if they have the intiative.

without making it look like the forum is full of trippers lol

It can be a pretty crazy trip growing something from seed.

Cactus from seed i find the easiest and most awarding.

Ahh, yes, I see.