The Corroboree
Torsten

New Herb Shop in Byron Bay - Grand Opening party

My partner Daniel and his friend Kobe are opening a new herb shop in Byron Bay THIS THURSDAY [25th of Feb 2010] and would like to invite anyone who can make it to help celebrate the occasion.

There will be live music, food & drinks, mini-workshops and lots of new stuff to look at. It's easy to find - just opposite Woolies at the pedestrian crossing. It's all happening from 6pm to 7pm so don't be late!

The Phytorium is not just another herb shop! It's a phytology supply house with a huge range of products for herbal practitioners and consumers, specialty products for organic herb growers, ethnobotanicals, as well as a full range of ingredients and equipment for manufacturers of botanical products [including glassware].

Invite details are also on the website at

http://kodaphytorium.com.au/

See you on Thursday!

[and this notice should also explain my absence from the forums lately as we've just been so busy getting this organised :blush: ].

• Like 1

Sounds cool wish I was up that way I'd definitely pop in for a bran muffin and some herbal tea...where did they get the name from T...that's a pagan/wicca word from memory...

Well I hope it runs good for them, there's nothing like running your own little business and shop front, I did it for a few years in London and it was an absolute blast, will they have a webstore at some point...?

HaHa...Jonson street.

Let me know when you want me to come work for ya...

Bugger, if it were the weekend i'd be there in a flash but thursday night is free entry at the uni-club for o-week so no good sadly but when I'm next down that way I'll most definately drop in and have a little look see.

The opening was a huge success. Thanks everyone for coming.

normal trading will start tomorrow - well, as normal as i gets for us ;)

Very Happy it went well Torsten.

Will drop in next time i am up north for sure :lol:

Credit card facility won't be active till next week sometime, but other than that they should be good to go for mailorder. Obviously it would help to know what's in the shop first ;)

0266807827, but don't call this week cos management won't be back on duty till sunday.

Great to be able to buy palo santo otc and also some nice selection of sacred flowers.

Julian.

You got me on the glass ware... Will there be a web site attached?

Hope it goes well. Wish I had the balls and the time to do something like that..

Hutch

yes, there should be a website/shopping cart in a few weeks. however, the special thing about the glassware is that the street shop can sell restricted items that require end user declaration forms & ID, whereas this is not possible via online.

yes, there should be a website/shopping cart in a few weeks. however, the special thing about the glassware is that the street shop can sell restricted items that require end user declaration forms & ID, whereas this is not possible via online.

Thats brilliant! I await with anticipation as I urgently require a separatory funnel so as I can complete my evil plans :P I shall retire my 2 litre coke bottle.....

Hutch

phytorium is fairly self explanatory.

koda is a Lakota/Sioux word for friend.

Also very popular with shinies looking for puppy dog names, for some reason.

koda is a Lakota/Sioux word for friend.

That's awesome to know. Itw as actually simply derived from the first two letters of the two owners. Kobe & Daniel, but it's even better that it has the meaning friend. How fitting.

That's awesome to know. Itw as actually simply derived from the first two letters of the two owners. Kobe & Daniel, but it's even better that it has the meaning friend. How fitting.

Somehow I don't feel the Koda part of the name was just pure coincidence but I also don't think it was intentional. Funny things happen for funny reasons...dododododo dododododo (in case you don't know that was the music from the X Files) It sounded better if you were sitting beside me :P .

Hey, well there you have it :) Strange things move in strange ways.

Any chance of a webstore? I understand Byron is VERY central to many people but some of us are geographically challenged!

edit: sorry I am reading this on a very small screen and just found the post above. Good to hear.

Edited by Whispering Leaves

pressed submit to many times, my bad.

Edited by Fritz Haber

I went here the other day and was pleased to hear that they will be holding oil extraction classes. i was wondering Torsten, if you knew anything more about this?

I went here the other day and was pleased to hear that they will be holding oil extraction classes. i was wondering Torsten, if you knew anything more about this?

there is a team of people who are going to be doing workshops there. some free, some with a small charge. these include naturopath, herbalist, biochemist, and I'll probably do some as well.

we're still busy expanding the range of products, but as soon as that slows down we'll focus on the workshops.

please keep me posted as to the classes being run there for i am very interested in attending some.

Whats the word on the webstore Torsten? :)

website and webstore is being built right now. hopefully ready in a week or two, but might take a while to get all the items into it. it's getting built from scratch so it takes a while.

it took a bit longer than expected, but the koda phytorium webstore is finally open. this is the place to get all your herbs and herbal products [and unlike SAB you can actually go to the shop, check out the products, and chat to the staff there]

please check it out via the homepage

http://www.kodaphytorium.com.au

or direct to the webstore

Thats brilliant.....soon as I can afford it look out glass ware.....

Good luck to the guys....hope it all goes well

Hutch