The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bleeding angel

Kratom?

I've been thinking about trying some Kratom. I sent away for a gram of kratom 10X crystal. I was wondering if anyone has tried kratom and what were the results...was it like taking a few percs or vics? I know that people usually make tea out of the leaves, but has anyone ever tried the powder or crystal with any good results. It says on the package that I sent away for, to cut it into 4 parts and that you can mix one part with water and drink it and you will feel the effects..just curious to see who might have tried this.

i love kratom

it's pity they are scheduling it or has that already happened?

i haven't had crystals but powdered leaf is good

where did you get your crystals from?...isnt it meant to be banned on the 1st of january 2005?

I'll have to look into getting some plants before then

kratom herb is illegal in australia. live plants will become illegal in januray 2005.

From the info in his post it is obvious bleeding angel is not in australia.

why is it getting schedueld anyway?

i found effects simular to valarian... and was very nice when i mixed the 2 together

mmm relaxed!

i didnt have a large doses tho because it was expensive! and i had to share it :)

Do a quick search for Kratom and you'll get all the information you need. Like many plants, you can't accurately compare it to any synthetic drug.

In short: stimulating in low doses, a very clean boost of energy. Higher amounts have a spillover effect from the Delta->Mu receptor and will result in a stoning effect.

Keep in mind that Kratom has at least 25 alkaloids identified to date. As with Cannabis, the plant material is a natural mix of synergistic actives that will not compare to anything the pharmaceutical industry can offer. Just as Dronabinol is nothing like a Northern Lights #5 X Skunk #1 or Bubbleberry :) you are not likely to find any drug that corresponds exactly to kratom.

That being said, some people compare it to hydrocodone, some people say coca and poppy, and others will over do it and say all it does is make you sick.

Personally, I find kratom to be a great ally :cool:

{edit} I never tried the 10x as it's not overly common, and the natural herb is so much cheaper.

Also keep in mind the wide range of prices you can pay, many websites offer 10 grams for as much as $32 USD, while the same exact kratom can be found for $9 USD an ounce. Some sites have a rate of $10 for 10 grams, but when you consider that they paid less than $200 for a kilo....

[ 16. September 2004, 04:03: Message edited by: Officer Steve ]

I've tried the kratom resin and it isn't very strong. It makes a mild buzz when smoked that is pleasant but if you wanted to get stoned you will be disappointed. I haven't tried eating it yet. I have a couple trees but haven't tried the leaves yet. Oh, btw, it's perfectly legal here in the states.

Stoney

Kratom is strong. A decent dose will put you horizontal for a few hours and a larger one will make you quite sick. Most kratom comes from one source who sell several grades. Most retailers only buy the cheaper grade so they can compete in the marketplace. If you get the top grade then you will know what all the fuss is about. It's like buying some shitty cannabis leaf and then saying it doesn't do much

All this commercial kratom is the indonesian variety. If you can get the real thai stuff then that is another step up.

Here in DEAland where it is legal, I've found high grade Kratom to be an indispensible part of my everyday routine, to paraphrase J. Bon Jovi.

I started with 1 gram and worked my way up.

4-5 grams of the high grade powder get me where I want to be. The dosage takes a while to fine tune. You definitely don't want to do too much.

I've never gotten the "opiate-like" effects, mainly because too-high does create a really bad nausea/dizziness so I've shunned them. Also, my op tolerance is fairly high.

But the stimulation! It's superb, it's what I imagine chewing coca must be like. It's the perfect working man's drug, great for everything from physical labor to making music.

I hope more people grow it, and the prices start coming down.

Dodie303...I found the kratom crystal on a website on the net....I can't remember what website it is though. When I get the kratom in the mail...I'll let you know. I think the website was something called bliss? Something like that. Anyway, as soon as I try it, I'll let you guys know what I think of the crystal

hmm,

i doubt that material you talk about "is crystall",

because there is such a hugh alkaloid mix-up in kratom...

if right, you would talk about several (more than 10 or close too) different crystalls, packed in one concotion.

but, please don't get me wrong, kratom crystalls are certainly a reality, but seeing is believing (allthough i got the shinning)...

i once posted about an A/B on kratom.

edit:

kratom, if dosed right "makes work"- "easy fun"!

:D :cool: :)

[ 17. September 2004, 16:33: Message edited by: planthelper ]

quote:

kratom, if dosed right "makes work"- "easy fun"!

That's the truth! And unlike a lot of things, dosage is super-critical. But I remember moving boulders off a dirt road after a monsoon had done its dirty work in the sonoran desert...work that could never be considered fun...but with Kratom, I was grinning and dare I say grooving on every minute of it.

hummm,

maybe this can be used to inspire the nations workforce!

A person may not only be worth their salt but worth their kratom

The site said cyrstal, but it came as a powder..not crystals. The site said to divide it into fourths and take. It didn't do anything for me, so..either the site was wrong about the dose or it wasn't kratom. I found another site with premium kratom powder and I am going to try it one more time, because I am looking for a legal high that resembles vic's or percs.

So far I've only ordered the commercial Kratom.

For me, one tablespoon of powdered leaf has a very clean stimulant effect. Three tablespoons will give me a decent opiod effect, and 4 usually is too much for me, too much can make you want to vomit, but the feeling is temporary.

Kratom has great potential to augment physical perfomrance and stamina, kill pain, calm addictions, and is a fine recreational substance in its own right.

At this point, Kratom is my second favorite botannical, surpassed only by the holy herb.

wow even that seems a lot to me...

but then I normally mix it...

with mexican poppy for example...

one or two teaspoons with the mix very much enhances the poppy effect, and also overcomes tolerance...

the best mix...

kratom & poppy....

I have a few ounces of mexican poppy, but it doesn't seem to be of the best quality. Lots of stalk and thorn material, basically the entire plant chopped and stuffed in a bag. I'm still not sure if the seeds are useful or toxic, I keep finding conflicting information on it and haven't quite gotten a real effect from any of it.

Three tablespoons of kratom is as high as i like to go, anything beyond that invites naseau. Perhaps you're getting better quality leaves than I am, or maybe I'm not extracting as efficiently as you are.

I'd definately think it's a quality issue occifer steve.

The material that was going around oz back when it was legal, 2 tsp was plenty for strong effects, personally never needed to increase the dosage past that. Maybe i'm a lightweight though?

Not much of an extraction issue either, powder in water washed straight down produced near on the same effects as a 10 min lemon juice soak (from vague memory), lemon juice just seemed to hit a little quicker, possible a little harder.

I always had to lie down about the hour-hour and half mark, could get quite overwhelming, though the other time besides down and out was very productive, good for working the vege patch :)

[ 22. September 2004, 14:48: Message edited by: gerbil ]

Yeah, I've just gotten the commercial grade, $9.00 and less an ounce kratom. Not the best qulaity, but reasonably cheap compared to the other prices for the same grade. I see commercial sell for rates up to $96 USD an ounce.

Maybe later on I'll try the better grades, but commercial seems to offer the best value in terms of milligrams/dollar.

yeah the stuff i tryed was from happy high... was $20 for an ounce i think.... 1 pretty big tablespoon put me on my arse for a few hours

was nice

:)

I was researching natural means to control my frequent headaches and growing arthritis pain, and after researching a number of different herbs, I decided to try the Kratom.

I found it to be as effective as the hydrocodone I had been prescribed. I take very nominal doses, though--.5 grams to .75 grams every 5 hours or so. I needed something that would take the edge off of the pain, but allow me to function at work, and Kratom really seems to be the thing I needed.

I've outgrown the desire to get 'high' after smoking pot for 20 years (and quitting seven years ago)--so I'm not terribly interested in getting wasted, but I feel that it really does have medicinal value at lower doses.

I have been using the commercial leaf powder, and I just ordered some of the 'super' powder and some empty gelatin capsules to make injestion easier. I have been making a thick paste and just swallowing the amount I needed, which takes some getting used to!

I have also purchased a kratom plant, since I am a plant collector, so perhaps I can begin raising my own!

I think that if more of these herbs could be proven to be of medicinal value, perhaps they would remain legal. I bet the U.S. will ban this substance some day--its just too effective.

found it to be as effective as the hydrocodone I had been prescribed. I take very nominal doses, though--.5 grams to .75 grams every 5 hours or so. I needed something that would take the edge off of the pain, but allow me to function at work, and Kratom really seems to be the thing I needed

that alone should law makers not just have kratom legal, but they should support it's distribution...

a herb that helps efficiently against pain while the individual can still work...

but no they have to make it illegal, because it is a threat to existing pharmaceuticals, those drug concerns who get rich on selling codein and other opium derivates need their profit...

I assume that kratom would even be a substitute for methadon, without making people as addicted as methadone does... but that remains to be proven...

After drinking copious amounts of Kratom tea over a two week period, stoping entirely yeilded no definite withdrawl symptoms. While I'm certainly not an expert on opiates, I feel that Kratom is much safer than the hydrocodone tablets for several reasons.

In my opinion, the two main reasons would likely be that Kratom does not directly act on the mu receptor, it has more of a spillover from delta->mu, and more importantly (as far as health and your liver goes)kratom contains no acetaminophen/paracetamol. One can only injest a limited amount of manufactured tablets without damaging the liver. Extraction is of course possible, but then you're left with a tea, much like our beloved Kratom.

Another intersting note is that I find myself somewhat immune to traditional opiates. 120mg of codiene yeilded no perceptable effect and 15mg hydrocodone produces roughly the same opiate effect as a weak Kratom tea, with qualative differences of course. After another individual consumed the equivalent of my regular kratom tea and reprted on the effects, I feel that while I am somewhat unresponsive to opiates and opiods (although tramadol used to be nice)perhaps the structural differences of mytragyna alkaloids succeed where the poppy strucures fail......or maybe I'm just using a lot of Kratom :P

The poppy seed thread got me thinking about other avenues to explore while I wait for the post office to deliver my Kratom....

actually if a naturally occurring substance / product can compete

with patented synthetic or even semi syntheic molecule one

you can bet that there will be strong lobbying pressure for illegality.

( at least here within the united states)

where the FDA has made statements to the effect that it's

purpose is to strengthen domestic business concerns.

imho, kratom will be quickly made illegal as a plant

and product within the USA as a effective legal opiate

as soon as it gains a foothold

[ 08. October 2004, 12:18: Message edited by: Flip ]

"A new drug available to teenagers over the internet that looks like marijuana, belongs in the same chemical family as LSD, and targets the same part of the brain as heroin"

That's my prediction for the anti-drug hype. They'll completely ignore the facts (as always) and phrase all information in the worst possible way, and usually out of context. They'll try to keep the idea of a benign substitute for methadone clinics out of everyone's head and just keep screaming about "herbal crack and heroin"

It often seems that the main basis for illegality of common psychoactives is simply the fact that they work, and if a substance is effective as a drug well then it just *must* be bad, unless it can be patented. If it can be patented than you need a 60 day supply right now for a disorder you didn't even realize you were suffering from :rolleyes: