The Corroboree
Pacha

Unique bridgesoid

Hello dear mates,

This speciemen is growing at a friend's garden. It was given to him by a serious collector who titled it simply as "San Pedro" without giving the name of the specific Trichocereus clone.

I see obvious bridgesii characteristics in spination, yet something in the looks of the column and rib formation feels not bridgesii like exactly, what can you make out of these pics?

It resembles somehow the predominate cultivar clone. I remember reading Michael's ideas that the PC and bridgesii are closely related, is it possible that this is the missing link?

post-6367-126263817363_thumb.jpg

post-6367-126263832939_thumb.jpg

post-6367-126263844146_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pacha

It resembles somehow the predominate cultivar clone.

hmm, true, the tip's ribs formation resemble a bit PC clones

Edited by mutant

Well maybe not the "missing link," but quite possibly a PC x T. bridgesii cross. Damn, you Australian's really have some cool plants. Mikey likes it.

~Michael~

thats sick!

lol, he is in the middle east Michael, but yes, we do have cool plants here in Au :P

Id cut that and check out the new growth on it and see how it looks grown in a diff locale. I agree with MS though, could very possibly be a X of the 2 said plants.

Its a san pedro.

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, I'm in the middle east. We do have cool plants grown here, many old trich collectors who started from scratches decades ago have gardens with massive trichs nowadays, passing them on to a new generation of collectors. :P

I will try to get a cutting for my own and take some photos of the mother plant of this trich and also information of its origins from the original collector. It may be bridgeXpc, but I wouldn't call off a possibility of a rare trich form that was originally collected in the wild.

Edited by Pacha

Well as it goes I have a plant that is remarkably similar to this one...its not it quite as good condition but it's a dead ringer for Pacha's

I'll take a pic tomorrow and post for y'all.

This is the plant I have that is similar..told yuz it was in bad condition, it's finally comin good though...same plant...?

hard to say..the shape is similar but the spination maybe off...will update with more pics when the thing gets a wriggle on and grows a bit.

8441159.jpg8441183.jpg8441169.jpg

Doesn't look that similar Chiral, yours resembles more the typical bridgesii rib style, areole and spinal structure. Gonna get photos of the mother plant soon and luckily some cuttings to grow.

Hello dear mates,

This speciemen is growing at a friend's garden. It was given to him by a serious collector who titled it simply as "San Pedro" without giving the name of the specific Trichocereus clone.

I see obvious bridgesii characteristics in spination, yet something in the looks of the column and rib formation feels not bridgesii like exactly, what can you make out of these pics?

It resembles somehow the predominate cultivar clone. I remember reading Michael's ideas that the PC and bridgesii are closely related, is it possible that this is the missing link?

Looks a bit like J1 to me, nice cactus

Yeah the rib formation's not quite right but close as far as spination goes except Pacha's has a more defined center one that's much longer I'd love to seee her when she comes good and see if the centre spine starts growing down and longer tho.

Would love a pup when she's ready :wink:

NICE :)

Beautiful specie there Pach do you have a group photo or some more for us Aussies to drool over? :drool2:

Hey there, thanks for the nice feeds. Your aussie plants got me drooling as well. I wish we could share our collections and knowledge...

It is winter here and they are all dormant. Spring starts on April and I will update some growth pics when I can.

Meanwhile, another friend of mine got me puzzled about a different bridgesoid he's growing. This one as you can see is highly etiolated but is getting fatter lately. I suspect it is a similar hybrid as well, but too young to tell. What do you guys think?

dsc08660e.jpgdsc08659.jpgdsc08658j.jpgdsc08656q.jpg

The cacti in the original post first stuck me as a peruvianiod.