The Corroboree
Siggor

consensus reality

i have found it funny as of late, that when people have posted somethings that are out of the consensus reality, people tend to be riled up about it.

so what is it that people hold so dearly about this reality, to the extent they get knocked off balance?

alternate realities are a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.

Edited by nabraxas

i have found it funny as of late, that when people have posted somethings that are out of the consensus reality, people tend to be riled up about it.

so what is it that people hold so dearly about this reality, to the extent they get knocked off balance?

Do you mean "consensus reality" as being the common or most common ways of functioning

or behavior in our society..?... so when someone counters this 'conditioning' from society , people kind of tend to freak out?...

Do you mean "consensus reality" as being the common or most common ways of functioning

or behavior in our society..?... so when someone counters this 'conditioning' from society , people kind of tend to freak out?...

yeah or start to show negative attitudes.

yeah... it's like we each travel along this evolutionary line

with our individual experiences and insights

and conclusions..

and they can be so different from others at times...

others can not possibly come to the same insights at times

because they have different experiences...

the power of thought or belief can be all one has or so it seems...

and usually people tend to want to belong to a group,

to not be alone...so will hold to programmed (even new ones) ways of thinking/behaving

(even if they are a minority group) to feel a sense of belonging

and not alone...

that can be one motivation...

but to break away

and find ones own way

what feels right for oneself (in the gut..and i mean a true 'feeling')

and operate from this rather than just one what others believe or say

or what ones been programmed with..

this is a power beyond explaining..

and it feels great!...is all i can say...

it takes courage

and a sense of being totally ok being alone...

I think we all at some point have wandered into the pools of negativity and questionable behavior, as long as you are aware of it and are conscientiously making an effort to learn and correct your self then really it's just how some people learn. We've all done it bro, and probably will again at some heightened emotional situation, but when we reflect afterward and see the error of our ways and make the necessary adjustments to make sure to never act that way again then it's all good...that's what sorry's are for...

Is there some particular incident or thread here that has provoked this thread spud...i know you are not a fan of loud mouths and chaterboxes an such, but seems you have been more bothered by it lately.

I'm sure I annoy the fuck out of heaps of readers here from time to time, but you know there are always going to all sorts when people gather, that's the beauty of human interaction, besides we can't all be humble monks, even if we were I think it would be totally a drag.

peace.gif

nothing in particular, its just that i am learning a certain school of thinking, and am becoming more aware of it not only in my life, in others too.

we all are center of our own simulation of the universe trying to place our own onto others.

what is with trying to pull others inline to this reality? what purpose does it serve?

for beauty and freedom, they are pulled...thankfully...resistance is futile.

though on the odd occasion quite provocative and entertaining...

nice school?

only if you like to control your own universe and be the center of it,

only if you like to control your own universe and be the center of it,

Every single person is the center ov their own universe.

Every single person is the center ov their own universe.

not many people know that, and not many people know how to control themselves, change their own attitudes beleifs on the fly as they go through life

I guess it comes down to how self aware they are.

or how tricky they are at holding the facade of ignorance...cheeky demonoids!

Spud,

People attach themselves to their beliefs in peculiar ways, they can squeeze identity out of them, they can squeeze hope out of them, they can squeeze just about anything out of them and ascribe a value to it that it doesn't deserve.

Thats where the problems start.

Those unaware of our true nature become accustomed to a certain homeostasis or colour of experience and they want to try and maintain it. When you present problematic concepts to certain people i.e. challenge their beliefs, you upset the homestasis of their experience, people still highly shrouded in ignorance hate this and perceive you to be "rocking their boat" - you're insulting their perceived mastery of reality or becoming a "bee in their bonnet" - in my experience the majority don't want "bees in their bonnet" and want people to tell them how few bees they have in their bonnet i.e. how perfect they are. Others love having their shit shook up e.g. the monks and their koans, psychonauts, etc.

What I've found is instead of investigating the validity of the challenge to their belief(s) and seeing it as a chance to improve themselves and their understanding what they do is try their best to quickly dismiss and discredit the challenge by any means neccessary - they'll do anything to keep their boat steady - in my oppinion this is childish behaviour and a sign of immaturity.

Concrete thinking has been rife in my exchanges with the majority - if it ain't broke they don't wanna fix it - they look around, they're keeping up with the Jones' so they think things are going ok, things aren't broke so they don't need fixing, this seems to be the habit of our culture - it takes things like death or cancer to get them to look at things in a different perspective and wake them up to the possibilty that maybe they don't have it all figured out.

Breaking away from the norms and expectations of this culture and it's belief system sets you up as someone that's going to be constantly rocking the boat by expressing the truths incongruent to those of our culture that one now perceives. The ignorant will continue to deify the gods of our culture i.e. the yobbo, the oka, dudes with southern cross tattoos, Mum and Dad, etc and try to emulate them - the proliferation of this mode of behaviour will see the continued proliferation of hate toward those that "rock the boat".

Wether people will admit it or not deep down they resent those with the balls to walk their own path and have original thoughts and beliefs - this resentment expresses itself in a variety of ways but nearly never in introspection and honest meditation on the self - it's their loss and decision to make so just respect that and move on.

That's just my two cents,

Peace

awesome post don't see why you don't post more often, but that would be buying into that reality.

Spud,

People attach themselves to their beliefs in peculiar ways, they can squeeze identity out of them, they can squeeze hope out of them, they can squeeze just about anything out of them and ascribe a value to it that it doesn't deserve.

Thats where the problems start.

Those unaware of our true nature become accustomed to a certain homeostasis or colour of experience and they want to try and maintain it. When you present problematic concepts to certain people i.e. challenge their beliefs, you upset the homestasis of their experience, people still highly shrouded in ignorance hate this and perceive you to be "rocking their boat" - you're insulting their perceived mastery of reality or becoming a "bee in their bonnet" - in my experience the majority don't want "bees in their bonnet" and want people to tell them how few bees they have in their bonnet i.e. how perfect they are. Others love having their shit shook up e.g. the monks and their koans, psychonauts, etc.

What I've found is instead of investigating the validity of the challenge to their belief(s) and seeing it as a chance to improve themselves and their understanding what they do is try their best to quickly dismiss and discredit the challenge by any means neccessary - they'll do anything to keep their boat steady - in my oppinion this is childish behaviour and a sign of immaturity.

Concrete thinking has been rife in my exchanges with the majority - if it ain't broke they don't wanna fix it - they look around, they're keeping up with the Jones' so they think things are going ok, things aren't broke so they don't need fixing, this seems to be the habit of our culture - it takes things like death or cancer to get them to look at things in a different perspective and wake them up to the possibilty that maybe they don't have it all figured out.

Breaking away from the norms and expectations of this culture and it's belief system sets you up as someone that's going to be constantly rocking the boat by expressing the truths incongruent to those of our culture that one now perceives. The ignorant will continue to deify the gods of our culture i.e. the yobbo, the oka, dudes with southern cross tattoos, Mum and Dad, etc and try to emulate them - the proliferation of this mode of behaviour will see the continued proliferation of hate toward those that "rock the boat".

Wether people will admit it or not deep down they resent those with the balls to walk their own path and have original thoughts and beliefs - this resentment expresses itself in a variety of ways but nearly never in introspection and honest meditation on the self - it's their loss and decision to make so just respect that and move on.

That's just my two cents,

Peace

Very nice....

and also along with resentment towards those who walk their own path (as you wrote)... judgment is huge... and as i learn to walk my own path and tune into what feels right for me, rather than what the conditioned mind or other's may say, so does the judgment drop towards others. More so, i am happy to see others live and follow their own gut feelings... happy to see other's live in their power... which i understand now is a healthy functioning of Manipur chakra (for those who have checked out yoga/tantra).

Edited by souljourney

one thing though even the monks, psychonauts, attain to a consensus reality as they are attached to a gateway, if i went and trashed or disrupted their gateway then i would be the bee in their bonnet. i think one of the greatest attainments in life is to be fluid within life.

On the mention of the gateway that's bee-ing held onto...the word dervish is typically translated as doorway...ie a doorway through which one may enter their own souls true nature...

the goal is to polish the mirror of the self so as to see oneself in all things, and as such others may see their true internal nature, however shocking/enlightening that may be...and to follow the path thus dictated by the whole self. Given its many opportunities and openings for what is in essence simply a movement towards a new vantage point, the changing person as they modify through the delusional cyclic wheel of time. Once the self is polished and the highest truth is realised the being remains unchanged regardless of the era/yuga they are working in.

Confrontational reactions if they are so interpreted indicates a split in the self identification, reverting back to me and them or us and that...inspiration is one of the rarest jewels of this world and to find it is a blessing.

The word 'sohbet' refers to 'mystical conversation' and it is one of the most nutritive states and sought after pleasures this world has to offer. The evolution of conception towards the perfect silent understanding is how we move through the field of attachments and karma's towards our eternal selves.

post-455-126049254767_thumb.jpg

moving like this^^^^

on this

post-455-126049257915.txt

or this

post-455-126049262232_thumb.jpg

or this

the body of God.

post-455-126049257097_thumb.jpg

enjoy the demons, and the angels and everything in between the places of the journey to the origin.

love.

Edited by reptyle

one thing though even the monks, psychonauts, attain to a consensus reality as they are attached to a gateway, if i went and trashed or disrupted their gateway then i would be the bee in their bonnet. i think one of the greatest attainments in life is to be fluid within life.

Natures chaos. In the grand scheme of things, within the framework of universal perfection, of opposites, negatives the yin & the Yang, there flows an algorithm of chaos, a seemingly misplaced piece of universal data, yet the universe and everything in it finds a way to accept and accommodate it, sometimes..maybe equally using it in positive and beautiful ways, or negative and destructive ways.

My world is the right world, I can't tell you how many times I've been ear-bashed by that religion, if you aren't doing things their way,.. then you aren't doing anything right at all. The universe in all it's majesty has places for everything in it's balancing act & slots them into life relative to where their opposite or negative charged energy lies, a balancing act of the finest order, for every positive charge there is a negative one with an equal amount of chaos blended in that seemingly acts like a glue-on particle..possibly the illusive "God Particle"

Once again I be wearing my "black sheep" t-shirt to the "foney baloney" xmas day celebrations with the family, in celebration & acceptance of my abnormal social status. My sister will once again have too many wines, she will spill her guts about how much she envy's my life, the gambles and huge risks I've taken to become ME. Only in secret and privacy shall she admit this though as she does not want Ma & Pa to ever hear such blasphemy. Her clock is ticking faster and faster but the straps of conformity, family, friends, work and general social acceptance are being pulled tighter and tighter. She is beginning to wander why, how did this happen to her, why has her life been about utter and complete safety & obedience, culminating in such a depressive spiraling subconscious, her eyes tell a story not unlike a drug addict, the shame, the guilt, I'm really a good person, I want and need help because I can't stop living this way. Her tears will flow across my shoulder as usual in an attempt at confessing she may have got it all wrong. She waves her arm gesturing like a game show bimbo to look at all the things she has, a role model for modern consumer lifestyle magazine, but why aren't I happy she blurts, why am i the one who has to take care of mum & dad, why is the burden of goodness and safety...why is this responsibility so heavy on my shoulders she asks.

I have no answers and nor do I seek any form of gratitude or strength from her dismay, I think this is important as it re-reinforces my own inner strength in a more humble way. I will listen, offer her my time, but will never agree with her that she may have got it wrong, what is wrong..? which path is right..?

Is my neighbor happy they seem to be..? I bet that family over there enjoying the sun at the park are perfect in everyday...what can I do to make my life like theirs..?

Being a black sheep has it's pro's and cons too, there is some yin & yang is each little part of the already huge universal yin&yang, the never ending splitting of balance glued together by the lines of chaos is the dance of the cosmos. Buddha say the path to enlightenment is in the middle...follow the middle, stay in between the opposites, try not to fall either side and become unbalanced.

My world is my world, I'm number one so why try harder...I have invited others into my world but to no avail, shunned, cast aside like fast food trash, pitied and scorned...my penalty. It can be seen as lonely in our own worlds, most might agree, that is our punishment for leaving the confines of the machine,... or one could look at it as peaceful, putting a positive spin on it, catapulting one back across the balance, swimming ever closer to the way of the middle.

###

Edited by Chiral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4LFobDIhc

Book M - Page 6: The darkness at the approaches is a wasteland riddled with corpses. Templeisen prevent people of ALL nations from approaching, only one summoned can find the way. Any invader will be reduced.

Book M - Page 7: Our job is to defend the Temple at all costs.

Book M - Page 8: …the Center in INVIOLABLE. Just remember that the darkness at the approaches to the pole is far more treacherous than even Hell itself. It’s therefore advisable that you don’t go anywhere near the region where M becomes perceptible. If you are in the habit of reducing things to make them, you know, comprehensible, ‘use-full’, the foes you will encounter in the darkness of that region cannot be beaten or outwitted, and they will take you permanently out of the game for approaching that vicinity.

post-455-126050077818_thumb.jpg