The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

I think I'm a closet...

Well i got the transmission flushed and 3 new engine belts installed, she's running nice and smooth now for sure...just on my out to go get some engine oil and a filter, will do that this evening when it cools down and I should be apples. I don't think I will going down the path of performance enhancements or restoration anymore, if this internet filtering is implemented and there are noticeable differences, favorite sites blacklisted, SAB not viewable etc...then I'll be selling the car and using the money to high tail it outta here I'm afraid, lets see what happens but all things being equal, a plane ticket and some fresh scenery/people is sounding a much better way to spend coin.

Oh and you lot have lost me so many times with your posts, I've been tryin' to understand em but end up usually laughing and going for a ciggy, fair play though you guys know your stuff alright, just don't know if my brain is ready, or wants to try and absorb a whole bunch of new mechanical info at the mo...keep it up though it's surely interesting.

Well i got the transmission flushed and 3 new engine belts installed, she's running nice and smooth now for sure...just on my out to go get some engine oil and a filter, will do that this evening when it cools down and I should be apples. I don't think I will going down the path of performance enhancements or restoration anymore, if this internet filtering is implemented and there are noticeable differences, favorite sites blacklisted, SAB not viewable etc...then I'll be selling the car and using the money to high tail it outta here I'm afraid, lets see what happens but all things being equal, a plane ticket and some fresh scenery/people is sounding a much better way to spend coin.

Oh and you lot have lost me so many times with your posts, I've been tryin' to understand em but end up usually laughing and going for a ciggy, fair play though you guys know your stuff alright, just don't know if my brain is ready, or wants to try and absorb a whole bunch of new mechanical info at the mo...keep it up though it's surely interesting.

Oh - Don't let Mr Rudd put you down, they just take orders. The truth is "they" want everyone, everywhere. No where to run, you better just stay and fight ;)....

On the car front...

The guy who owns this Integra is being very dodgy. I'm losing interest very fast. The car has no- rego and he wants to meet me in the main st of Cambeltown. ??? WTF ??? Anyway, I'm in no rush, I will keep looking around for a new toy and keep you guys posted with what i find.

6'3" is no problem in a Prelude. My sis has a 2001 VTiR, I took her for a spin in it when she got it. She thought it was quick when she was driving it.

I gave her a white knuckled ride which left me with a smile from ear to ear and she white as a ghost. The ludes are tight and bloody quick and affordable for a "sports" car.

Seriously if you were to get something 10% better it would cost you 50% more.

Edited by Fenris

Buy and old range rover, do it up and go exploring the bush and magical places that Mitsubishi won't take you and where no cops will hassle you.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7938942&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965541%204294965478%20410&silo=1011&PriceTo=410&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=40&__sid=1252197CE906

Apo - you should get into buying physical gold and silver.

Edited by botanika

With the difference in running cost between that and a small 4 cylinder i could hire a 4x4 when i wish to go bush. I have considered a 4x4 option but i will be a city boy for at least the next 4 years. So at this stage a sporty 4 is my first choice.

With the difference in running cost between that and a small 4 cylinder i could hire a 4x4 when i wish to go bush. I have considered a 4x4 option but i will be a city boy for at least the next 4 years. So at this stage a sporty 4 is my first choice.

That particular rangie has a 5.0l v8! I wouldn't buy it either but if it had a v6 conversion and gas it would be economical. There is a lot of value to be had in buying a car that someone has already done the expensive mods to though. I'd like a modern rangie with the 3.0l diesel but they're currently out of my price range and cost a lot to service and repair. Maybe one day. I don't have a car at all right now, just an electric scooter. I can only fantasize about cars!

Edited by botanika

Wagons rule when it comes to good all-roundness, the space in the back is primo...can sleep 2 easy, carry tons of plants and pots, soils etc, throw tons of shopping bags and kids stroller in the back, makes for a wicked bench when you need to stand and work on something like fishing tackle or running repairs, not too mention when you own a wagon you always have that little bit of security in that if suddenly fall foul with money or are suddenly homeless, locked out or fighting with your partner, then the wagon is the place to chill,sleep or park near the ocean and toke on your favorite smoke mix. Can go on dirt roads easily and take a reasonable amount light bush bashing...nope the wagon is just right when you have to constantly mix up shopping with the girls and slinging kilo's of subs in the back after a nice day of wilderness trekking.

It's all moot now though cause I doubt I'll be keeping the old girl and doing her up, if I sell her with 12 months rego she will cover most of the cost of a plane ticket for one us when we head for mekicko.

Dude! I am in the same boat as you. Dreadlocked, ex-weed smoking loafer that likes to chill out.

Then I bought a 1966 Mustang Coupe :P

IMO If you are gunna pimp up a car make sure you will be able to get your mullah back. Turns out car = expensive. That is a real scientific formula that a bunch of mathematicians and physics majors came up with and neglected to inform me of.

Paint alone can set you back a cool 2k and that's without all the work. That's just paint man.

I am looking at 1k for from disc brakes another grand for a front and back windscreen.

All worth it in the end I guess when you have a running car but without a little know how you are quite boned.

Good luck man

Gen

Dude! I am in the same boat as you. Dreadlocked, ex-weed smoking loafer that likes to chill out.

Then I bought a 1966 Mustang Coupe :P

IMO If you are gunna pimp up a car make sure you will be able to get your mullah back. Turns out car = expensive. That is a real scientific formula that a bunch of mathematicians and physics majors came up with and neglected to inform me of.

Paint alone can set you back a cool 2k and that's without all the work. That's just paint man.

I am looking at 1k for from disc brakes another grand for a front and back windscreen.

All worth it in the end I guess when you have a running car but without a little know how you are quite boned.

Good luck man

Gen

Nice car. My mate has a 1964 & 1/2 Mustang convertable. Feels so cool cruising in it. Cars had heaps more character back then