The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

I think I'm a closet...

Well I know she bought it in the mid 80's, it kinda looks like the first red one in wiki, but mums is really low to the ground with low profiles on it and shit..I'll soon know when I go for turkey and fist fights at xmas.

If its a Mid 80's and already looks ok it would be a pretty cheap way of building a cool sleeper. Performance parts for a DC1 are cheap as and you can find them pretty easy. Either way if you spend the same money on each car the integra would flog the arse off the wagon. You would need to Put a Limited Slip Diff into it as a front wheel drive car will feel 10X better. Keep me posted

5071415.jpg

1990 Model DC1 .

Edited by Slybacon

I doubt it would fit but a H22A engine out of a prelude (VTi-R) would kick serious ass in a gen 1 teg.

Well I found just the website to help me with my project, it's a Mitsubishi forum and has over 178 pages of info/Q&A, pics, tips and heaps of mechanical info. I'm currently trawling my way through it. So far I've found only one person to have fitted out a 94 Magna and it's a sedan not a wagon but he did a slick job...see below for the specs.

dsc02129moleqc.jpg

100_4278noplates.jpg

My pride and joy, when this is finished, this will be one of the cleanest 2nd generation magnas you will find in Australia

Engine Hardware:

3.0L 6G72 SOHC 12 Valve V6 now 3.5L 6G74 DOHC 24 valve

Transmission:

Automatic - Now converted to 5sp Manual

Engine Modifications:

DOHC 6G74 Engine Conversion

Iridium spark plugs,

10mm Racing leads,

GM MAP Sensor,

Air intake Done in 80mm Stainless steel,

Pod filter with flexible intake piping

Factory JDM Injector cover,

Polished Oil catch Can,

Polished 3000GT Twin Turbo Upper Intake manifold w/ CNC Machined EGR blockoff plates

Adjustable Cam gears,

Lightweight Crank pulley

Red Rocker covers and Sump, Silver Upper and Lower intake manifold, Black exhaust manifolds

Gates Racing belts,

Adaptronic aftermarket ECU,

New water pump, Timing belt, Fuel filter, heater hose, Fuel hose, Radiator hose, vacuum hose, Pretty much everything changed

Engine pipe re-made in mandrel bends,

High flow cat,

2.5" Piping to 2 x Redback Mufflers mounted either side with x 3" Upsweep tips on either muffler

Whalbro High flow fuel pump

Brake Modifications:

Verada Twin piston Fronts,

DBA Slotted rotors front

DBA Slotted rotors rear

QFM Brake Pads front

Bendix Ultra premium Brake pads rear

Suspension Modifications:

Lovells Superlows front,

Lows rear (compressed)

KYB Excel-G's all around,

Front strut brace,

New bump stops,

Rear sway bar - Bye bye body roll

Body Modifications:

380 Washer nozzles w/wagon fluid reservoir

Color Coded,

Diamante Series 1 Bumper,

Diamante Series 1 Lip

Diamante Headlights/Grille,

Custom clear front indicators,

Clear side indicators,

KS Tails custom tinted,

Custom boot garnish with CCFL number plate light.

Quad 3" upsweep tips,

EVO 6 Spoiler,

LED Brake lights,

Million color LED Undercar kit,

20% Tint,

19" ROH Furys,

Debadged,

JDM Slimline tinted Weathersheilds

Diamante electric folding and heated mirrors

Interior Modifications:

Under construction right now, but here is a List of what goodies are going in.

KS Verada Seats (Drivers electric)

MOMO Ralliart steering wheel

KW GTVi Steering wheel radio control's

Complete Diamante electrics Including;

Digital Climate control fascia

Swinging centre air vents

Electric mirror controls in drivers door

Centre console (with flip lid)

Headlight stalk with factory Auto Headlights

telescopic Steering column

Photochromatic mirror

Passenger side sunvisor with built in light

Slide out cupholders

KW GTVi Black carpet

6 x Million color LED sticks (All remote controlled)

3.75" 11,000RPM White face tacho with shift light

2002 Diamante centre console armrest with 4 cupholders

Water temp, Oil temp and Boost/Vac Mounted on A pillar

All pillar's and Roof to be done in Black suede

In Car Entertainment:

2 x Gold plated battery terminals,

JVC KDBT1,

Boston Acoustics Z6's,

JBL GTO936E's,

Soundstream and Clarion Parametric EQ's,

Jaycar 4x100W,

Jaycar 1x1000W,

Soundstream Picasso PCX2.700,

JBL GTO 12" Subs x2, Sound deadened roof,

bootlid, parcel shelf, Doors.

There is still so much to do in 2009. This car has been a huge trial and error thing with me and Hopefully, I can finally get it right 3rd-4th time around.

144kw at the fronts

#####

It does seem as if no one has customized a wagon, but I really want to cause the car has some serious getaway potential for camping, shopping, carrying infants, room for pots and soil in the back...if was to try and do up something smaller I don't think my missus will go for it, unless...I can get my mums Integra for nix and just do it up on the side, and just take my sweet ass time with it, I mean I have a double garage that's pretty empty and slew of tools and crap. I'll keep reading the Magna forum pages, I'm only up to page 4 of 178.

I doubt it would fit but a H22A engine out of a prelude (VTi-R) would kick serious ass in a gen 1 teg.

They do fit, what they do is put a h22a bottom end, with an integra top end. So you get larger displacement

but use alot of the integra parts also.

A search for this will show exactly which models are used. They fit in Civic's, so definate for Integra.

Although it does increase the front end weight a little.

*scratch that, thought it was turbo*

Edited by C_T

this how my wagon will look when finished..

post-4860-126019784908_thumb.jpg

Puck8.jpg

Puck8.jpg

I found a site a while back that was dedicated to cars modified by graphic design. Had some pretty cool stuff.

Are you going to be using as an everyday driver, if you do expect heaps more attention from the cops. That magna build above looks pretty tech man. Still check out your old girls integra tho, sounds like its in pretty good nick and would be worth looking into ;)

I forgot that the magnas were FWD. 144KW at the fronts is ok but not much considering the $$ he has spend, As far as camping and stuff goes you will need to put airbags in the suspension and think about putting some guard plates over the exhaust. A modified car as an everyday driver can start to become hard work. I must admit tho that when i had my VL TURBO wagon going that it was awsome heading out to doofs! so much fun winding the boost up on the way home ;)

Edited by Slybacon

unless...I can get my mums Integra for nix and just do it up on the side, and just take my sweet ass time with it, I mean I have a double garage that's pretty empty and slew of tools and crap.

~BOOM~

Where are you located BTW?

I found a site a while back that was dedicated to cars modified by graphic design. Had some pretty cool stuff.

Are you going to be using as an everyday driver, if you do expect heaps more attention from the cops. That magna build above looks pretty tech man. Still check out your old girls integra tho, sounds like its in pretty good nick and would be worth looking into ;)

I forgot that the magnas were FWD. 144KW at the fronts is ok but not much considering the $$ he has spend, As far as camping and stuff goes you will need to put airbags in the suspension and think about putting some guard plates over the exhaust. A modified car as an everyday driver can start to become hard work. I must admit tho that when i had my VL TURBO wagon going that it was awsome heading out to doofs! so much fun winding the boost up on the way home ;)

Yeah man it's going to be my everyday car for sure, but it's not like I'm gunna lower it so bad ass and have low profiles and a body kit you know, I mean I will lower it a little and put some nice rims on 17's or 18's but will have to make sure I get some relatively chunky tyres, something that can handle a little lite off road tracks to camp sites and doofs etc. Nice and comfortable inside for the wife and kid, nice rockin out sound system, something that sounds nice when driven instead of sounding like a steam engine goin up a hill ya know.

I wanna have it sit somewhere in between a sleeper and an obvious cop magnet, you know looks like it has had only a little work but really it's a cruise missile...not really I mean these models are pretty pathetic as far as power and straight mod bolt on's are concerned, but I'll research the fuck out of it and do it in little steps. From what I've read droping the 3L V6 manual from the gen 3 model...which fits in perfectly...is the go for budget mods who want more power, I don't know enough and haven't read nearly anywhere near enough about to say weather that would be the way to go. For all i know fitting some extractors and flushing the tranny, fitting quality oil and air-filters and a nice exhaust might give me what I'm after.

There are some words on the forum Ive been reading that appear to be slang and if you can tell me what they are I would be so happy..one of them is..Dizzy...what's a dizzy..?

Oh yeah man I'm in the Sydney basin area.

There are some words on the forum Ive been reading that appear to be slang and if you can tell me what they are I would be so happy..one of them is..Dizzy...what's a dizzy..?

Oh yeah man I'm in the Sydney basin area.

If it fits in context i reckon they are talking about the distributor.

My VL Wagon had 16's with 225/50 tyres. I Lowered it a little and it still made it to nearly every doof for a year. With wagons they carry heaps more weight up high, from driving the same model VL wagon and sedan the wagon definately had more body roll. I took it to pedders where they installed heavy duty springs and stronger rear sway bar, this dropped it a further inch but handled heaps better. I reckon 16s are the best if going offroad. I think if you check out the mag sites you can see what each size and model looks like on some cars, maybe magnas are on there.

Sweet , I'm up the road in hunter ;) When you get it going a cruise might be in order

Edited by Slybacon

If it fits in context i reckon they are talking about the distributor.

My VL Wagon had 16's with 225/50 tyres. I Lowered it a little and it still made it to nearly every doof for a year. With wagons they carry heaps more weight up high, from driving the same model VL wagon and sedan the wagon definately had more body roll. I took it to pedders where they installed heavy duty springs and stronger rear sway bar, this dropped it a further inch but handled heaps better. I reckon 16s are the best if going offroad. I think if you check out the mag sites you can see what each size and model looks like on some cars, maybe magnas are on there.

Sweet , I'm up the road in hunter ;) When you get it going a cruise might be in order

Cool...so dizzy is distributor..I'll go back and read and see if it fits the context then.

Why is half the worlds car mod population living up around the central coast and Hunter...rollin.gif

Why is half the worlds car mod population living up around the central coast and Hunter...rollin.gif

Seeing the "Lap" community is pretty funny, They really get into it. I like to drive one lap thru and check out all the action. Torana Fest on the foreshore was awsome bogan experience. Can't say I ever got right into the multible laps park and sit out on your bonnet kind of thing, however there was a reckless time in my teenage years where i was involved in alot of illegal street racing... Times have changed now, I remember cops pulling us up just to check out and admire your car hahahaha, that would never happen now :)

There are heaps of mod boys around Newcastle and Terrigal,

but wait until you check out Gold Coast and Melbourne ;....

I'm more of a Factory Standard kind of a guy, Give or take a few parts ;)

I seriously want this car, and i thought i liked factory cars :wacko:

350 to 400 KW at the wheels and god knows what at the motor and its only a 1.8L.... Thats insane power to displacement ratio!!!!

$20K ( I might just have to sell the CV8)

4598160.jpg

6098982.jpg

Here is a list of modifications

Engine:

Darton sleeved block

Balanced and linished ITR crank shaft

Crower Con rods

Mahle pistons

Cometic head gasket

Ported and polished head (by adrian at toda)

Match ported intake and exhaust manifolds (as above)

Toda valve springs

Omni man titanium retainers

Toda Cams

Toda Cam gears

Toda timing belt

Toda Oil pump

Custom catch can setup

Avc-R boost Controller

Hondata S300 with boost controll option

Toda Blue rocker cover

Baffled sump

3 bar map sensor

Oil cooler kit with relocation

MSD distributor , coil and CDI

alloy radiator with a 10" fan

Fuel system:

1200cc RC injectors

044 bosch fuel pump mounted intake for minimum noise

Sard adjustable fuel regulator

Turbo setup:

Customized GT35R (biger front wheel) with .86 rear housing(Heat treated)

LSD motor sports exhaust manifold (Heat treated)

2 and 3/4" aluminum intercooler pipes(Heat treated)

600x300x76 alloy intercooler (tube and fin)

turbosmart type 2 BOV

44mm tial Wastegate

3" dump pipe (Heat treated), leading to a full 3" exhaust with resonator and cat with a cannon muffler

chasse:

Fully seam welded front end

Innovative solid mounts to engine

Zeal Function X coilovers

All std itr sway bars ect

Custom rear sway bar

Brakes Tires and wheels

330mm slotted DBA discs on custom hats

Stoptech bigbrake kit calipers with stoptech race pads

rear brakes std

17" mugen Mf10 replica rims

Toyo R888 on fronts wheels only

Gauges ect:

Autometer cobalt oil temperature gauge and boost gauge

AEM wideban O2 gauge

Shift light

Avc-r screen

only a small stereo system

The Car makes safe 350kw at the wheels on pump fuel at 20psi , and 225 on 8psi.Possible to acheive 400kw on race fuel safeley if you want to.

the engine only has 6300km's on it since built by Toda Australia.will run a very low 11 on semis and possible a mid 10 on full slicks.

Edited by Slybacon

Low 11s is very quick for a front wheel drive car. Especially with that power, traction would have been a major issue. Must have spent a good amount of time tuning those coilovers. Suspension and tyres are so often overlooked. Love the Hondas.

Time to sell your 2 door commy Slybacon :wink:

Time to sell your 2 door commy Slybacon :wink:

Yeah i got the Honda bug back methinks. Advertised the big fellah today!

Can't wait to get into some VTEC actions again :) how many points do i have!

vtecyodq8.jpg

Edited by Slybacon

Monaro is SOLD. goes tomorrow. Not long now until back in a honda :)

Monaro is SOLD. goes tomorrow. Not long now until back in a honda :)

Shweeeet. So you gonna buy that type R? 400kw atw is fucking insane power for a FWD road registered vehicle. Do it.

Shweeeet. So you gonna buy that type R? 400kw atw is fucking insane power for a FWD road registered vehicle. Do it.

Ok, so after a long fucking day chasing the right paper work for rego the monaro is finally gone! I'm heading down on Friday to look at some integras. I'm so split as to what to do :unsure: We have a civic as an everyday car so this car will be a toy but I dont know wether to find a good factory standard type r, one from above or something in between. Being built by TODA is a big plus for that TYPE R, its not like its been a back yard job. That being said, i think i would have to take it back to TODA and get it tuned for street use. Maybe even remove the turbo and go back to a solid NA set up. Turbo honda seems a little wrong as they were all about NA engines, and good ones too.

New engine belts today, later in the week it's flush out the tranny time, new oil filter and oil and I should be set for xmas driving...see what happens in the new year when I return to employment and the rat race...will start saving up and get one thing done at a time.

New engine belts today, later in the week it's flush out the tranny time, new oil filter and oil and I should be set for xmas driving...see what happens in the new year when I return to employment and the rat race...will start saving up and get one thing done at a time.

Get a cold air intake and K&N Filter. Maybe experiment with the cam timing and see if you can get the power in a better rev range.

and......take your mums Honda for a spin B)

Edited by Slybacon

mate if that car does 20 pounds of boost, it no longer has 11:1 compression ratio.

Which means, when you take off the turbo, it doesn't run properly anymore. And if it IS running 350kw it MUST also have low compression forged pistons, otherwise after a week the engine will be blown.

Basically all this means is the reason i was saying, you cannot just bold on a turbo... Similarly, you cannot just take the turbo off either.

btw, my cars were naturally aspirated Honda City Cabriolet's and a Honda City Turbo II.

Yeah i knew that just ripping it off would cause issues. I'm not really worried if the car is off the road as i don't get my License back until February (long Story). Was thinking maybe drop the car off to Toda and rebuild as NA. 350kw is good for Drag racing but probably unbalanced for track work. "Most" of the parts will remain the same. Just need to change crank , pistons and exhaust manifold. Not sure though, I haven't even looked at the car yet. Me and a friend are heading down on Friday morning. There is one other Factory Original car we will look at as well but i must admit I am very tempted to play around with the modified one.

Was looking at the HONDATA website. That Integra has a HONDATA 300 modified ecu (very cool toy). Plug your Laptop straight in via USB and tweak and Tune till your hearts content. There was a couple of cool features which caught my eye. 2 stage launch control for getting quickly off the line. Full throttle shifting which means No need to take your foot of accelerator when shifting gears. and lots of other way cool shit. Heaps of Data logging as well.

Edited by Slybacon

if it were me i would just stick to the 2000 model type r, limited edition, original.

Then bolt on a supercharger.

scratch that, i'd get the s2000 for rwd action with honda drive.

Edited by C_T

scratch that, i'd get the s2000 for rwd action with honda drive.

That was my other choice. I dont want to spend more then $20K and a good S2000 is about $25K. I just payed my credit card off and would suck to go straight back into debt :P

Oh year, I'm 6 ft 3 inchs so an S2000 is a little cramp

Edited by Slybacon