The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Frank Costanza's Lawyer

Unidentified Flying Cacti

Question

G'day, a friend had some mythical, axe-wielding, alcoholic creature leave a pile of cut and despined cactus in his/her yard last night and asked me to seek an ID, was wondering if anyone could help?

2yv70qo.jpg

Thanks in advance...

8 answers to this question

Cereus species.

Edited by Teotzlcoatl

Thank you for that, gets me wondering as to why people are lugging many kilos of cactus around Brisbane late at night only to leave it in someones yard...strange.

Thank you for that, gets me wondering as to why people are lugging many kilos of cactus around Brisbane late at night only to leave it in someones yard...strange.

Is that really what happened?

I hope they were donated by the owner of the cactus, and not some drunken guy who was after active ones. The topic of pinching cacti is quite a big one and very shunned around here.

And yes, Cereus peruvianus.

Yeah, very weird indeed! harvested with an axe and despined lol. Kinda hilarious in a sad way.

I hope they were donated by the owner of the cactus, and not some drunken guy who was after active ones. The topic of pinching cacti is quite a big one and very shunned around here.

And yes, Cereus peruvianus.

That's putting it very nicely....although a different story told would have been nicer, something along the lines of...

I asked this old lady down the street the other day for some cuttings off her cactus and she said yes, I offered her some money for it but she said no it's fine, can any of you guys ID this cactus for me please..?

I think ol frank Constanza thought it was funny to post a pic of some cactus he thought were active and show them off here...tisk tisk leaving the bourbon can and axe in the shot and the desperately lame ass story.

I really do hope I'm wrong.