The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
drugo

Poem, first time with subaeruginosa

The poem below is from a friend of mine reflecting on her first and, currently, only experience with any entheogen besides a little bit of pot and little bit of alcohol. She's eighteen.

What do think the jelly fish represent?

Grass turned into sea, which turned into air, which turned into light. And I playfully danced between the lines of the awake and the subconscious. Here was the place that I loved to be. The misty walls allowed me to jump anywhere and nowhere. In this half state of life and slumber, my movements were pure and precise, my visuals deep and ethereal. And when I lifted my shaky lids, stretched out my legs into the sand and consumed the aesthetic delight that accompanied me to consciousness, I remembered where I was and the delectable creature that lay beside me.

Here on the beach of Ettalong, we lay. Soaking the last remnants of summer from the tips of our toes to the crowns of our heads. The water was the brightest blue. It roared and it laughed, beckoning us to swim with the creatures of the sea. And so we did. Bounding towards the water in leaps and jumps, this beach was unlike any other. The tall mountains would watch and the sunlight would pirouette amongst us, never too proud to take my hand and lead me in a most thrilling waltz.

Under the water we would take on personas. Watching the coral and the small ocean life bounce around us as we pretended we belonged. We tipped our hats to Lady Seaweed and bid hello to the school of fish that swam by us. The tide would threateningly pull at our waists and we were forced to reprimand that beast. The beast that had the ominous power to take away one from the other.

Somewhere in the daze of laughter and sunshine, somewhere in the dehydration and the swimming, the warm and wonderful light that had held me had started to slip away. I was confused. Above me was the bright light, between my limbs the rippling waters, yet why was I suddenly unsettled?

The color blue was violent. Beating against me in sharp, merciless jabs. I was startled. I swam with vengeance to the shore but all around me was blue. Little bites of sapphire balloons that if bullied could unleash a fierce tidal wave of pain. The bluebottle jellyfish filled the beach. No longer was my place of sanctuary safe. I looked around me, the mountains were filled with green trees, the sand was bright yellowy white and tarnished with these gems of danger. Choosing my steps with care, I returned to the spot that we had carefully made home, and curled into my towel and took few sips of water. Water. The clear colored angel that I had underestimated. Replenishing my body with the nurture of Mother Nature, I looked back to my surroundings and once again saw boundless life.

I rested my head on the sand pillow beneath my towel, and danced the remainder of that sweet scented afternoon in my subconscious. Dipping in and out of reality I stayed. This was the place I most loved to be.

love vs threat, life-becoming vs death-becoming: psilocybin and most hallucinogens tap into the normally buffered moderation of this apperception and skew it.

That's quite nice :)

Your friend is a literary angel, thanks for sharing.

Your friend is a literary angel, thanks for sharing.

I agree. That's a cool story thanks for letting us come along for the ride.

More nice vibes and thanks to your friend.