The Corroboree
whisperz

Final Flush for 2009

thats the third time i've read someone saying that experience with dmt or aya had altered their shroom experiences......interesting.....the other 2 said the beggining of shrooms now seemed more dmt like.....

t s t .

thats the third time i've read someone saying that experience with dmt or aya had altered their shroom experiences......interesting.....the other 2 said the beggining of shrooms now seemed more dmt like.....

t s t .

A friend of mine has a fair bit of experience with n,n-dmt accacia extracts and a little experiance with the common gold tops and blue meanies (obviusly these are lamen terms for the strains forgive me for the lack of scientific terms i am trying to educate myself more on fungi) my point is that there is definately a simmilarity to the experiances he has had with shrooms and dimitri. i was reading and please correct me if im wrong but the chemical make up of

Psilocybin is: O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine; Indocybin.

Psilicon is: 4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine; psilocyn.

so just through his experiance's i think that they are closely related, he tried dimitri way before i tried mushrooms so i wonder if his mushroom experiences would have been diferent if he had tried them first and also i wonder if his dimitri experiences would have been diferent had he had mushrooms first. i personally think the simmilarites come from a simmilar chemical make up not because you have tried one before the other, but i am no expert nor claim to be a scientist and i'm always open to other ideas

ps. im not trying to offend anyone just trying to learn more

pps. back to the beautiful pictures that started this thread, well done they look damn fine :shroomer:

Edited by Razor

Ps.mexicana arent that potent. Nice but not that potent - none of the grass growers other than tampensis are... I would say less so than copelandia for mine. Pretty easy on the old bod though compared to others.

Nice flushes on all counts though - lots of fun to be had...

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

are you speaking about sclerotia or fruitbodies ? Sclerotia aren't as potent.

Idiot:

That statement to Mauve, relating to Ps. Mexicana.... had nothing to do with the Ps. Cubensis (mexican) ... it concerned a separate

line of conversation within this thread... please stop trying to mix and match info to suit your needs... and to have the last word...

Your obviously out of your depth here on this forum...

to razor,

yes I have heard that after dimitri,shroom experiences are diferent... more akin to dimitri. Seems that perhaps the deems opens pathways previously closed.

No Im talking about the fruit bodies. And a number of isolates of these as well, some before 'domestication' but the levels seemed pretty similar.

As I was saying, nice flush and great work, but the only grass lover that yield a really ballsy potency is tampensis - Teonan used to have an isolate of these that was quite impressive and left even some wood lovers for dead.

You might have got lucky with your spore match, isolate, but after several grows the experience was quite different. Dont get me wrong - awesome vibe...

Also of interest, when i was in Oaxaca this wasnt the mushroom of preference (Ps.zapotecurum (sp?) was by far the most revered mushroom).

aah zapotecorum ! If only i could i could find some...i would take some nice pictures B)

Any personal experiences with those, zen ?

Unfortunately no - but not from lack of trying LOL. They are common in Oaxaca apparently but we didnt find any. I did find a strange yellow mycena that stained blue which I posted a while back.

If your interested and ever plan a trip to Mexico, go to a small town called San jose del pacifico in Oaxaca state in august. They have a town festival then and part of that is a mushroom ceremony (although they dont usually offer them to outsiders, but talk about the significance of the mushrooms and where they find them etc - all in spanish. The mushrooms that are collected during this talk are zapotecorum which are the preferred mushroom in this area. )

Even if your not interested in the mushrooms, this town is awesome, perched on some mountains at something like 8000 feet above sea level. the pub there has weird zapotec ceremonies on at times where locals wander down from wherever in the forest and blow conch shells and speak in a strange language about things while others bow to images of very odd looking dieties. All very surreal... They talk of spirits in these places like we talk about cars or computers.

You can also go to the town of H.d.jiminez but its all very commercial there now and they will try and sell you them, but they wont be the real deal - usually cubensis or this tiny little mushroom they sell in honey everywhere in mexico that looked super dodgy in my opinion.

Two other places id recommend in mexico are Tepoztlan and zipolite - I cant really explain how amazing these places are though. the former is the most spectacularly scenic place ive ever been - you can literally feel god or gods there - very magical. Zipolite is the only place ive watched 20-year old girls playing naked on the beach tripping off their heads.

I knew the guy that found atlanta but i havent spoken to him in years. I havent any experience with this one, but I remember tampensis seemed to pack the biggest punch.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

btw: Psilocybe Mexicana looks like this,... image from my FOAF's flush this year...

Ps_mexicana.JPG

While the sclerotia from that same shroom looks like this .. image from my FOAF's harvest this year too...

sclerotia.JPG

Those are not Psilocybe mexicana. They are a Psilocybe species from Georgia, USA which are closely related to, if not actually Psilocybe galindoi (galindii), dubbed ATL#7 by Workman of Sporeworks (who has done the microscopy and identification on them). They are in the section Mexicanae, but are a separate species.

Macroscopic observations.

any samples? for mycology purposes ofcourse